Become a Patron!

Literally wanted to throw my remote through the TV

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I was flipping through the channels on TV when I came across this, anyone else see it?:

https://www.cnbc.com/vaporized/

Sat through the first few minutes before I started getting pissed off....

Now here's the part where I had to change the channel because I literally got so infuriated I wanted to throw my remote at the TV and smash something.

Some stupid idiot kid started smoking & chewing tobacco in middle school.
Let me say that again...Kid started smoking AND chewing tobacco in FUCKING MIDDLE SCHOOL!, even had to speak to a counselor in middle school about smoking.

Now is in High School, and according to this mother fucking piece of shit reporter "took one hit from a Juul 6 months ago and was hooked"

Really? Fucking Really?! There's so many things fucked up about this that I just couldn't take it! I wanted to punch something really hard.

Like where the fuck are his parents? How/why the hell is he chewing tobacco in middle school? Why weren't these addressed BEFORE he even got to high school? But noooooo, apparently one hit from a vape and he's hooked?! WTF THIS ISN'T H*ROIN

I could go on ranting so much more about this single stupid story, but I won't. /rant

PS- We are all in for a serious battle in the coming months & it's going to be very difficult with bullshit like this. Be prepared because it's not looking good

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wildly irresponsible

Shit like this (watched previews) with their vape detectors and throwing kids out of Jr High for vaping - when kids are getting shot, doing serious drugs, getting pregnant, and they are worried about vaping

What misplaced values

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dipshit reporting and parenting

Also, couldn't help but notice the BP ads....

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
cherry picked science articles> leads to cherry picked TV reporting > leads to improperly educated voting during the local primary> leads to bans.

i have always said it that the goal they have always been after is fear tactics to hopefully get local support on what they want to push thur in this case Bans.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think kids should be vaping. But I also don't think they should be smoking tobacco, chewing tobacco, drinking, or smoking w**d and doing harder drugs; all of which I did when I was a teen. If I wanted to do it, I was going to do it. I was in a man's world by 15 so nothing was out of bounds for me. So this is nothing new. The only thing that is new is the public outcry about teen vaping. Well, I guess there was a lot of that about w**d and drugs in my day, but nothing like now. I am pretty sure a lot of this outcry is BT produced and promoted. I think they would like to steer the kids back to cigarettes.

As for me, I am promoting vaping to my 2 grandkids. They both smoke. My grandaughter is 20 and both she and her boyfriend are dipping their toes in the vaping scene. I'm trying now to get my 17 year old grandson headed in that direction too. I don't care whether anybody else disapproves or not. I would rather they wouldn't vape but I think it is better than smoking.

I was always addicted to nicotine. My mother and father both smoked and of coarse they smoked around us kids. My first cigarette was like getting a fix. My daughter is a smoker but I smoked around her when she was little, and she smokes around the 2 grankids. My son does not smoke but I never smoked in the house or in the car around him. I am convinced that all makes a difference. So if parents don't want their children to be nicotine fiends, they should clean up their own act first.

VU Sponsors