Become a Patron!

List of RDA's with bottom feed 510?

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all, I am thinking of purchasing a Kanger Dripbox 160. I was curious about what bottom feed attys are currently on the market. I'm aware of the Velocity v2, and the Hobo V3. But that is all I have seen really being talked about. I guess I'm looking for a more comprehensive list, curious about what other options are out there.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can purchase some bottom feed 519 pins from fatdaddy
http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/index.html

Some rdas are easier than other to convert but most of the 2 post rdas are really easy
I did my vortice and tugboat v3 just by swapping out the pin

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Tsunami 24 will hang over the edge of the dripbox 160 (bad design kanger), but a tsunami (22) can use the hollow pin the Geekvape sell separately.

Wow, idiots. Thanks for the tip, was going to grab one just for bigger than 22 attys...

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Tsunami 24 will hang over the edge of the dripbox 160 (bad design kanger), but a tsunami (22) can use the hollow pin that Geekvape sell separately.
I know... It seems that 24 and 25 are the new 22. I like the bigger sizes, more build room. I wish Kanger would have followed suit. Makes me wonder if there will suddenly be a V2 or something. Kind of like there suddenly appeared the Kbox 160, as soon as it was discovered that the 200 would not do 200w.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How do you guys like the Tsunami 24?

I found this thread looking for info on it, lol.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
24/25 is the new 22.
Since almost nobody besides tube mech users, use a 22mm mod s anymore, there is no reason to restrict ourselves with using 22mm attys.
Wider attys means wider build decks.

All Kanger had to do was to place the 510 socket closer to the center, but instead they chose to put it closer to the edge, so that when you place a 22mm atty on it, it will be aligned with the side.
I suppose they knowingly did it because they don't make any 24/25mm themselves and want you to use their atty (even though it sucks)

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to se someone start a service of centering/moving 510 positions on mods... In my opinion they look far better centered. I recently bought a Lost Vape Triade DNA 200. It has a centered 510. If not for the convex piece on top, it would be the PERFECT mod.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
24/25 is the new 22.
Since almost nobody besides tube mech users, use a 22mm mod s anymore, there is no reason to restrict ourselves with using 22mm attys.
Wider attys means wider build decks.

All Kanger had to do was to place the 510 socket closer to the center, but instead they chose to put it closer to the edge, so that when you place a 22mm atty on it, it will be aligned with the side.
I suppose they knowingly did it because they don't make any 24/25mm themselves and want you to use their atty (even though it sucks)

I could not agree more. I'd actually like to see more mods come out to use dual 26650 batteries. Would make for better capacity and battery life.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd does seem that squonking is gaining some popularity. I own many RDAs, but they rarely leave the house because I simply find dripping to be a PITA... (First world problems I guess). I'm thinking of holding off on this mod for a bit. Hoping that Kanger will release a better version that would accommodate a 24mm, or another company will follow suit and do the same. Dammit. The 510 placement on the DB160 is the only thing holding me off on pulling the trigger on it. My problem is that I have fallen in love with the increased build space on 24, 25, 28, 30mm. I don't wish to go back...

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all, I am thinking of purchasing a Kanger Dripbox 160. I was curious about what bottom feed attys are currently on the market. I'm aware of the Velocity v2, and the Hobo V3. But that is all I have seen really being talked about. I guess I'm looking for a more comprehensive list, curious about what other options are out there.
Wotofo makes a bottom feed conversion for their Sapor and Lush RDAs. The Aromamizer V-RDA by Steam Crave but it's 25mm. The LowPro dripper.

My preference is for the Tobeco Velocity v2 clone on the Dripbox. The LowPro dripper is surprisingly nice but requires a little more finesse with the bottle when squonking as it is very easy to overflow the juice well. I don't mind the Sapor either but prefer the Velocity deck.

I believe they did it because they used the exact same parts used in the original drip box for the pin and squonking mechanism but aligned it where the third battery would be in a Reuleaux. The size of those parts was determined by battery size just like on a mech. It proved reliable in the og dripbox and is very inexpensive by design. Centering the pin would have meant change not necessarily for the better and likely at a higher price. Would it still be the same size as a Reuleaux? Would a bent or flexible tube prove as reliable? Would changing the shape to allow for a centered atomizer make the device less appealing overall?

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good points all around. Myself, I am planning on a massive (or multiple smaller) hardware order within the next few weeks due to the deeming regs. I just have a funny feeling that online ordering is going to go all fucky after 8/8. So I have a few Must haves. Ohmega Calypso, Boreas, Diablo, Mage, another limitless for backup. I already have enough RDAs to last me the rest of my life. They are sitting on the shelf, waiting for all my tanks to no longer work. I don't drop much anymore, due to RTAs getting so much better on the last 6 months. For the Rest of my doomsday prep order, I am between the DB160 and Velocity v2, or a Noisy Cricket, a cheap parallel mech box, and a backup RX200. It's a big decision, so I am definitely weighing out the pros and cons of either path. Idk maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing. I just don't want to regret not going after something that I wanted and not being able to acquire it in the future. Damn you, FDA. I wonder how many vapers have been sent into clinical depression/anxiety over this in the last 2 months. Causing more Prescriptions to be written. Hmmm...

Last edited:

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
24/25 is the new 22.
Since almost nobody besides tube mech users, use a 22mm mod s anymore
Oh no! I love my 22mm attys; that's all I use. I only do "simple" 26 gauge builds. Perhaps I can benefit from this when they all go to the bargain bin! ;)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh no! I love my 22mm attys; that's all I use. I only do "simple" 26 gauge builds. Perhaps I can benefit from this when they all go to the bargain bin! ;)
agree,,all i want is 22mm or even slightly smaller.

geekvape tsunami 24
hobo drifter (+ BF pin)
ohman pancake
noname nopity
eden mods snapdragon
low pro dripper
origen v2/v3 (+ BF pin)
movkin jc25-rda

Last edited:

VU Sponsors