Become a Patron!

Limitless XL dual build

McG2211

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just made my first ever coil build on the dual rta on the limitless xl. Used 24g kenthal a1 and 10 wraps each for a total of .556 ohms. Any suggestions for better flavor as far as coils go on this rta? The build I made has no flavor at all?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Kormiro

Member For 4 Years
Just made my first ever coil build on the dual rta on the limitless xl. Used 24g kenthal a1 and 10 wraps each for a total of .556 ohms. Any suggestions for better flavor as far as coils go on this rta? The build I made has no flavor at all?

What kind of mod are you using. Regulated or mech?

Kormiro

Member For 4 Years
When you make a coil, you have to pay attention to:
The heat capacity (tells you how much energy you need to heat the wire at a specific mass of 1 °K (°C).) Your coils have a heat capacity of ~ 208 mJ/K.
Coils of this mass need ~ 48W to increase their temperature by 230 °C within 1 second. Without cooling. When the wire gets warm, it takes time to cool down. When you take several clouds in a row, each one will be more hot. Fluid transport must be sufficiently efficient.
Once you have warmed up the coils, they must give heat through the surface they are in contact with, so the surface should be as large as possible.
Want to have a good taste, so to start with:
- reduce the inner diameter of the coil from 3.5 mm to 3 mm.
- adequate power.
- If fluid transport is too small, thinner wire and less power.
- The coil is to be close to the air hole
Or
- twisted pair of three wires (for example 29G). The mass is the same, but the surface is almost twice as large.

McG2211

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the info. It's funny I was running it around 38w. I turned it up to 50w and am now getting much more flavor. I'm going to look into building some twisted coils. Possibly even claptons. Just got my coil master kit and was playing around when I built these coils. If you have any more info on the twisted 29g build I would love to here it.

VU Sponsors