Become a Patron!

Limitless RDTA not working

Hi all, I'm Remedy and my build isn't working. I'm using a tesla invader 3 with a limitless rdta. I build 2 coils (ni80 + kanthal 32 gauge core and wrapped with a kanthal 28 gauge wire). These 2 builds contained 5 wraps. It was working fine but heat-up time was too long so I changed it to 4 wraps. When trying to read the ohms nothing happened. Couldn't read the build and tried to carefully move and hold one of the posts. Now I see something is shown on the ohm-meter display.

So I went to the store where I bought this rdta and they couldn't help me because after a small investigation they told me the attachment in between the post and the base has been burned.

How can I fix this without buying a new one? :(

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi all, I'm Remedy and my build isn't working. I'm using a tesla invader 3 with a limitless rdta. I build 2 coils (ni80 + kanthal 32 gauge core and wrapped with a kanthal 28 gauge wire). These 2 builds contained 5 wraps. It was working fine but heat-up time was too long so I changed it to 4 wraps. When trying to read the ohms nothing happened. Couldn't read the build and tried to carefully move and hold one of the posts. Now I see something is shown on the ohm-meter display.

So I went to the store where I bought this rdta and they couldn't help me because after a small investigation they told me the attachment in between the post and the base has been burned.

How can I fix this without buying a new one? :(
do you have an ohm meter to check resistance? it could be too low of ohms

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech sells some replacement peek insulators but I didn't see any specifically for the limitless

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I think with the 5 wraps just took too long to get hot and when it got hot it was really hot. Like that it burned I guess because after that I thought to reduce the wraps but couldn't measure anything since. The store advised me to use a 32 or 36 gauge kanthal to wrap my claptons instead of 28.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think with the 5 wraps just took too long to get hot and when it got hot it was really hot. Like that it burned I guess because after that I thought to reduce the wraps but couldn't measure anything since. The store advised me to use a 32 or 36 gauge kanthal to wrap my claptons instead of 28.
One of the many reasons why I don't like 32g as a wrapping wire. It has a long ramp up time, retains heat way to long and makes the atty and everything hot. For me the largest wrapping wire I will use is 34g and even that is on rare occasions, I mostly use 38g and 40g. I also like SS, lower resistance so you also use smaller gauge core wire. This all comes down to wire mass

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeap that was back when it came out, got it from element vape..

Last edited:

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The limitless RDTA is a piece of junk atomizer imo. I really hope you didn't get another limitless RDTA -_- There are so many other options out there that are just better in multiple ways as far as rebuildables go. Hell , even as strictly RDTAs go, there are multiple other options, all FAR superior to the limitless.

As far as the burned insulator, the only fix is to replace it with a new insulator, the atty won't work otherwise. As far as your build goes, your clapton gauge is far too low @ 28. You want to clapton with the highest possible gauge you can comfortably work with, 40 being the optimal choice and 32 being the worst option (but totally FINE and usable). Anything in between is great. Like a previous poster said, 32g ramp up is slower, as is its cooldown , however the main factor for this is the core wire(s) gauge, the clapton wire does play a role in heat retention and ramp times. Personally, for fused Claptons I always rock 316L SS, providing great flavor, little to no ramp up, and a slightly lower resistance , wrapping a 2x 26g core , claptoned with 36g. My general rule of thumb is to aim for at least a 10g difference between the core and clapton wires gauges. This ensures an overall quality, stability, and consistent vape!

Keep calm and vape on!
Brian

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go get yourself a Cthulhu Gaia.. Also heard pretty great things about the Troll RDTA too. I'm sure other folks will throw some good suggestions out as well.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for your reply! What kind of rdta/rda is advisable to buy next to my limitless than?

I'll buy at least 36g wrapping wire next time !

Go here and watch some reviews. Anthony is the only video reviewer I spend my precious data on. He's one of the very best for giving his honest opinion, plus, he buys almost everything he talks about (like the troll, for instance).

Also, look for his "Best of" list while you're there.

Michael

PS. If you'd rather read your reviews, go to the 'reviews' section of the forum and check out @DuecesJack written reviews

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Go here and watch some reviews. Anthony is the only video reviewer I spend my precious data on. He's one of the very best for giving his honest opinion, plus, he buys almost everything he talks about (like the troll, for instance).

Also, look for his "Best of" list while you're there.

Michael

PS. If you'd rather read your reviews, go to the 'reviews' section of the forum and check out @DuecesJack written reviews
U are awesome! :)

Id say the medusa or if he wanted similar to the limitless the ijoy combo. I hear good things on the gaia don't have one yet though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your reply! What kind of rdta/rda is advisable to buy next to my limitless than?

I'll buy at least 36g wrapping wire next time !
For an rdta, I always recommend the avocado line . They perform well, are easy to build with large velocity decks that can accommodate fat juicy coils , aND the flavor on them is unrivaled by any rta or rdta to date .

As far as drippers go, there are so many good ones out there....my personal top 3 are cosmonaut, hadaly, and goon. Each is VERY different, but between those 3, you cover pretty much my whole vape spectrum ....all around useful dual or single coil we with csmnt. Single coil flavor machine on the hadaly , and big beefy exotic builders dream with the goon....

Cheers mate and GL with that 36g!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
For a small one i really like the medusa

For a larger one i really like the combo

Thanks for all the nice suggestions and posts! :) really helped a lot extending my view past the limitless. So I just bought the Aromamizer v2. Really happy about it. MUCHHHH more flavour than the Limitless. Soon I'll get another one but don't know yet which one it will be. My hunge is telling me it will be the Ijoy Combo :D But we'll see

VU Sponsors