Become a Patron!

LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500 Battery Charger - Short Review

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
After a lot of comparisons of four bay chargers - Opus, GyrFalcon All-44, Lii-500, I ordered an Lii-500 from Fasttech, it will do what I need and is pretty much a compromise on pro's and cons and price. I don't think I would have gone wrong with any of those three, but had I ordered an Opus I would have ordered a spare fan for it from FT based on reviews and youtube videos - it runs the coolest though. I can charge my AA Nimh batteries with it as well as my li-ions.

After two weeks of use with the Lii-500, I like it a lot. I've charged 4 18650's at the same time (though I started out at 1A charge on all 4, I decreased that to 700 ma after an hour or so since I charge in my garage and it was a hot day). I've also tried the capacity test function which works, though can't be sure of the accuracy of it. One minus is you cant see all four battery parameters at the same time, however all I have to do is push the button for the battery i want to see the data for, and it stops charging when complete. That minor trade off vs. hotter running GyrFalcon or the Opus with a fan some say can get noisy and need replacing, was worth it for me.

Here's an excellent full review with pics:
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger LiitoKala Lii-500 UK.html

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Will it handle 20700? 26650?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
The chart shows it will charge a 26650, it does not list a 20700. Size wise it will take a 20700 so not sure if they just didn't list it, or if there are other factors. The full review link above has the chart of batteries and pics as well.
The Opus doesn't list 20700 batteries either, but I"m betting it too will take a 20700 since it will take longer and wider batteries as well. If I were going to charge those 4000 mah batteries, I would get the OPUS and run it at 2 amps, with the fan in it, it will keep it cooler.

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chart shows it will charge a 26650, it does not list a 20700. Size wise it will take a 20700 so not sure if they just didn't list it, or if there are other factors. The full review link above has the chart of batteries and pics as well.
The link didn't work for me, but I've read reviews on it before... just not from a vaper. It's on my list... kinda... I was debating between the Liitokala, the HohmBase, and the Opus. Debating, I say, as I already have a Gyrfalcon All-88 and a Gyrfalcon All-44, an Efest Luc X2, and an Efest Luc V4... not sure I NEED another, but the battery analyzer intrigues me...

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The link didn't work for me, but I've read reviews on it before... just not from a vaper. It's on my list... kinda... I was debating between the Liitokala, the HohmBase, and the Opus. Debating, I say, as I already have a Gyrfalcon All-88 and a Gyrfalcon All-44, an Efest Luc X2, and an Efest Luc V4... not sure I NEED another, but the battery analyzer intrigues me...

Shawn, here's another link for that Lii-500 Review (same guy has one on the Opus as well).
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Review-of-Charger-LiitoKala-Engineer-Lii-500
Opus V2.1 review (V2.2 is out, at IMR Batteries):
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?389732-Test-Review-of-Charger-Opus-BT-C3100-V2-1
I modified my post above to point out that if I had 20700. 4000 mah batteries I would get the Opus, run at 2 amps charge knowing the fan would keep it cooler at that high charge current. Fasttech has spare fans for it I would pick up just in case for dirt cheap, while they are still there.

I don't really like charging over 1A, so I am happy with my choice in the LI-500.

VU Sponsors