Become a Patron!

Lightning Vapes -- Amazon Notice

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Received this last night from Lightning Vapes | RE: Amazon Wire Supplies
This is for those ppl that haven't ordered directly from Lightning Vapes and won't get their email notices.

===== BEGIN EMAIL =====

VHRudDGKvkM0N04a6SRKg9WtdHEWTVX94vHswnjsjT5l7gFEyXEWan9RAHOQwvrNJyIAIKPEIYqiLi-clsjCmAwz7xLa4AhI_1QRNHjwROL2FuRpBzlFvOKj4nj1kWK_SLfcQAYLsdBeuIn3_tzWQQH51Dm29gpBOfVL1S8=s0-d-e1-ft

Amazon.com, Screwing with LV since 2014.
Those of you who have been around long enough will remember a similar incident about 2 years ago, when Amazon.com decided they didn't want our Kanthal A-1 listings on their site anymore. Well, today they've decided that they don't want ANY of our wire listings on their site anymore. There's a couple exceptions, about 5-6 surviving nichrome listings. The other 300+ listings died a quick, yet painful death this evening. The most interesting part of this whole ridiculous fiasco, is that other companies such as LifeMods and Master of Clouds continue to sell their Kanthal, Nichrome, Clapton & other wires completely untouched.

At first we thought, "Hmm, perhaps there's an algorithm in place that recently had the word Kanthal added to it, and our listings met just the right criteria to get automatically flagged and taken down". However, now it appears that this is a concerted effort against our company. With government and corporate corruption seeing the light of day more and more thanks to alternative media and whistleblowers, it's not so crazy anymore to think that either we upset someone at Amazon with the power to push the right buttons to make us go away, or that instead someone at a competing company has a buddy with the same button pushing power. It's almost impossible to get to the bottom of the cause, as Amazon is anything but reasonable, transparent, or forthcoming. It's barely even possible to get someone on the phone whose native language is English for that matter.

ZRGsLSnrEB6JFipz-J2pgFwTdsWLONbUJIwTxFo_7vOoleH1-GAxgbcYsFsKTyEEmDpKRSF2pQorWaHHVUTWnetB8Z1qjBACC-WiLXlIPrPEIhj7gffEcQ3MMoFf75ZOsPq9daxKIfpf7lDQ6omJlM830WB5Iy2iyMZDpEQ=s0-d-e1-ft

While we will press on and attempt to re-list our items, we can't guarantee that they will stay up for very long. That said, we are working with a company called Fast Fog Supply Co. They purchase 100% of their wire from us, and even have us apply the custom labels . They have had issues getting their Kanthal listings up on Amazon, however their Nichrome, Stainless Steel, Nickel, etc remains untouched. If you need wire in a hurry, and are an Amazon Prime member, and want the same Lightning Vapes quality you have come to expect, then look no further than Fast Fog!

On the other hand, if you aren't an Amazon Prime member, or wish to purchase otherwise restricted products such as e-liquid, please visit us directly at LightningVapes.com!

Last edited:

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lightning Vapes has been my go to wire for the last few years, never got it off amazon though, usually go through their ebay store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The way they handled Amazon's handling of the situation makes me think amazon might have got it right. They should have kept it professional , but instead they sound to me like a bunch of emo kids boohooing "why do they get to do it when we can't"

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The way they handled Amazon's handling of the situation makes me think amazon might have got it right. They should have kept it professional , but instead they sound to me like a bunch of emo kids boohooing "why do they get to do it when we can't"

Wow, you sound like a total asshat. Lightning Vapes has always been a great place to get wire. Most of my wire is from their online store. If you got banned from this forum for doing absolutely nothing wrong, you would not say anything right? I mean, VU must have handled the situation properly and "got it right" correct?? What a fucking douche bag. They are pissed because it takes time to add things to an online store and now all that work has been takin away for no apparent reason.

CV

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm not a company so how I handle something doesn't matter...but I didn't cry when I got banned from ecf for trolling....I don't troll, if I say something I meant it at the time I said it... I didn't email everyone I knew telling them fuck ecf, I just found a better place to hangout

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's more of an issue with Kanthal actually being Trademarked and Sandvik who invented it/owns the Trademark has actually been gradually going after those who use the name.

VU Sponsors