Let me introduce myself!

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all!

I am the guy that runs the world's largest e-liquid recipe calculator and database: e-liquid-recipes.com :)

I bet some of you already know who I am, and what the site does. Those who don't here is a description of the features:

• Create recipes (with as many flavors as you wish)
  • Save recipes as public or private
  • Adapt other recipes (basically take a recipe and make it fit you)
  • Mix by weight (grams) by choosing it from the preferences
  • Supports fairly large quantities
  • Comment on recipes
  • Favorite recipes
  • Rate recipes
  • Fairly nice printed recipes
  • Nice flavor details page that contains various stats on the flavor
  • Rate flavors and jot down notes on them
  • Maintain a flavor stash
  • Specify cost and weight per ml of a flavor
  • (You can also specify carrier liquid (PG/VG/other) of a flavor)
  • Maintain a flavor shopping list
  • Search by ingredient (from your flavor stash): Check off one of your flavors that the recipes MUST contain - They can contain flavors you don't have - It's a nice source of inspiration!
  • One-click "what can I make with the flavors I have"-button!
  • It's free
Now a couple of points. There are a fair amount of duplicate flavors, due to the fact that I currently don't control what people write as a flavor name, so people can write "TFA straw-berrey" when in fact they mean "Strawberry (TPA)". So when you add flavors to your stash, you might wanna check the flavor list to make sure you're adding the correct one (usually the one with the most recipes). I currently merge duplicates when I stumble over them, or when people report them using the duplicate checker!

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten to mention a ton of things! There is a lot on it, so have a look around.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome - I have a fairly large to-do-list - the next major thing I'm going to have to tackle, is trying to eliminate the duplicate flavor stuff ;)

Happy vaping!

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Daath, now tell us a little about you, what kind of gear do you use and what brought you to vaping:)

Ah yes, I didn't write much about myself, did I? :) I'm from Denmark, and I've vaped since november of 2009! (a few years before that too, but it didn't stick). I didn't mean to quit smoking, but when I tried the eGo, I just stopped! I am currently vaping on a Vamo v5, DNA30, iStick and a Turtleship mech mod (clone). I mainly use my Nautilus-tanks, but I have a couple of Tobhs, an IGO-W and a Plume Veil that I use too! I've been on a custard trip for the last year or so (I vaped tons of stuff beside that, but I keep coming back to my trusty G Vanilla Custardy II)!

@wllmc Thanks man :D

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep this sure is the place where the big dogs hang out. Great to meet you.

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DAATH!!!! You finally made it over here!!! I've been pimping your calculator like usual. Best one there is!

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually I have plans to make an app ;) I am busy making an app for someone else right now - Both for Android and iPhone (and perhaps Windows Phone). When that's done, I'll take some baby steps towards doing the ELR-app - I have no idea when it'll be finished though. I imagine it will take quite a while :p

But now you know, it's planned! :)

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello daath, yep that's an awesome calculator first time I have ever came across it. Thanks!
I suck at a cell phone. I've had this phone for a year now and people would send my pictures and such, I would say to them..hey I cant see it.
Well seems all this time I could make anything on the thing larger lol. I can't keep up. I still use a pco_O

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my battery is always to dead to use a phone app lol a DROID app would be sweet anyways

Istand

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually I have plans to make an app ;) I am busy making an app for someone else right now - Both for Android and iPhone (and perhaps Windows Phone). When that's done, I'll take some baby steps towards doing the ELR-app - I have no idea when it'll be finished though. I imagine it will take quite a while :p

But now you know, it's planned! :)
Yes please make an Iphone app.
It will be easier to log in and out, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use your site too and my vote goes for standardizing the flavours. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man, welcome! I love your site and use it from time to time. As of now it's not my "go to" but that could change any time, as I seem to go back and forth. Anyway, one feature I'd like to see is for it to have the option to calculate flavor percentages for a flavor base of a chosen recipe. I don't know of any calculator that has that ability, but I would certainly use it.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey man, welcome! I love your site and use it from time to time. As of now it's not my "go to" but that could change any time, as I seem to go back and forth. Anyway, one feature I'd like to see is for it to have the option to calculate flavor percentages for a flavor base of a chosen recipe. I don't know of any calculator that has that ability, but I would certainly use it.

I'm not following. Could you explain? :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just put it in as a single flavor at the total percentage.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your calc is what I started with, great calc and features but for some reason it will just delete the recipe I am working in for no reason leaving no record of it... vanishes. This is on my cell phone which is what is easiest to use for me.

I'm guessing its a cell phone thing and I wouldn't have the issue if I used my note book but I lost track of recipe revisions too many times and had to move on.

I do still visit to check on percentage recommendations for new juices though.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your calc is what I started with, great calc and features but for some reason it will just delete the recipe I am working in for no reason leaving no record of it... vanishes. This is on my cell phone which is what is easiest to use for me.

I'm guessing its a cell phone thing and I wouldn't have the issue if I used my note book but I lost track of recipe revisions too many times and had to move on.

I do still visit to check on percentage recommendations for new juices though.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost recipes. You're not the only one. This was a bug in the front-end framework I was using.

Rest assured that your recipes will not disappear any longer! I squashed that bug a while ago! And yes, it was an iPhone-only problem!

I hope you will give it a go once again :)

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry to hear that you lost recipes. You're not the only one. This was a bug in the front-end framework I was using.

Rest assured that your recipes will not disappear any longer! I squashed that bug a while ago! And yes, it was an iPhone-only problem!

I hope you will give it a go once again :)

@daath
Just wanted to tell You, I really love your site it is perfect for me and I'm on it every day!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Android phone, must have been something that affected some phones on both operating systems.

I will give it another run, I still have a few of my recipes on there and just need to update them. Great functionality.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@fq06 thanks man :) don't hesitate to give me a shout if you experience any weirdness! :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do. I see HIC just dumped his catalog in there, makes it real easy to just plug & play a HIC mix you saw on VU :D

Saw some HIC's in there before but if I'm not mistaken a bunch just got added.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will do. I see HIC just dumped his catalog in there, makes it real easy to just plug & play a HIC mix you saw on VU :D

Saw some HIC's in there before but if I'm not mistaken a bunch just got added.

Actually that is me - I made a user for him - I just wanted everyone to know of his recipes. I offered him the username+password, which he can have any time. Until then, I'll maintain the user, and point folks to the threads here on VU if they have any questions/comments/praise :)

The recipes are truly amazing! The man is a freaking genius. Nothing less.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice job, must have taken forever to dump all that info in. Great contribution to VU, much appreciated!

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just put it in as a single flavor at the total percentage.

Actually that isn't what I'm referring to exactly. What I like to do for favorite recipes is make a "flavor base" to ease mixing future bottles. In order to do this you need to convert the recipe to using just flavors. Then I can use just the flavor base and PG/VG/NIC to make a bottle of that recipe, avoiding having to break out all the individual flavors.

Here is an example:
HIC's Coffee Break
2% FA Cuban Supreme
2% FA Coffee Expresso
2% FA Caramel

If I was going to make a flavor base of this recipe it would be:
33.33% FA Cuban Supreme
33.33% FA Coffee Expresso
33.34% FA Caramel
Then I would just use 6% of the flavor base with PG/VG/NIC of choice for that bottle.

Now that recipe was fairly simple to convert. Let's look at one more involved:
HIC’s Sweet Spiced Apple Cider
1.5% FA Apple
0.5% FA Fuji
0.5% FA Amber
0.5% FA Oakwood
0.5% FA Cinnamon
0.5% TFA Holiday Spice
0.25% NF Ginger
0.25% FA Clove
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Orange

In a flavor base would be something like:
25.1% FA Apple
8.4% FA Fuji
8.3% FA Amber
8.3% FA Oakwood
8.3% FA Cinnamon
8.3% TFA Holiday Spice
4.15% NF Ginger
4.15% FA Clove
8.3% FA Jamaican Rum
8.4% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
8.3% FA Orange

As you can see it gets a little more involved with complex recipes. It's not very difficult, just a hassle, and would be nice if one of the ejuice calculators had the option to do this for you. I don't know if I can explain the logic here, but I'll try. Basically the calculator would need to take the total amount of flavor % in the original recipe and divide 100 by that # (in this example the flavor % is 6, so 100/6=16.67). Then it needs to multiply each flavors percentage by that multiplier. Some rounding needs to happen, but that isn't a problem. I don't know if I'm explaining this right to make sense to everyone, and if anyone would like to chime in and try to help, feel free. If any questions please ask away. Thanks.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually that isn't what I'm referring to exactly. What I like to do for favorite recipes is make a "flavor base" to ease mixing future bottles. In order to do this you need to convert the recipe to using just flavors. Then I can use just the flavor base and PG/VG/NIC to make a bottle of that recipe, avoiding having to break out all the individual flavors.

Here is an example:
HIC's Coffee Break
2% FA Cuban Supreme
2% FA Coffee Expresso
2% FA Caramel

If I was going to make a flavor base of this recipe it would be:
33.33% FA Cuban Supreme
33.33% FA Coffee Expresso
33.34% FA Caramel
Then I would just use 6% of the flavor base with PG/VG/NIC of choice for that bottle.

Now that recipe was fairly simple to convert. Let's look at one more involved:
1.5% FA Apple
0.5% FA Fuji
0.5% FA Amber
0.5% FA Oakwood
0.5% FA Cinnamon
0.5% TFA Holiday Spice
0.25% NF Ginger
0.25% FA Clove
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Orange

In a flavor base would be something like:
25.1% FA Apple
8.4% FA Fuji
8.3% FA Amber
8.3% FA Oakwood
8.3% FA Cinnamon
8.3% TFA Holiday Spice
4.15% NF Ginger
4.15% FA Clove
8.3% FA Jamaican Rum
8.4% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
8.3% FA Orange

As you can see it gets a little more involved with complex recipes. It's not very difficult, just a hassle, and would be nice if one of the ejuice calculators had the option to do this for you. I don't know if I can explain the logic here, but I'll try. Basically the calculator would need to take the total amount of flavor % in the original recipe and divide 100 by that # (in this example the flavor % is 6, so 100/6=16.67). Then it needs to multiply each flavors percentage by that multiplier. Some rounding needs to happen, but that isn't a problem. I don't know if I'm explaining this right to make sense to everyone, and if anyone would like to chime in and try to help, feel free. If any questions please ask away. Thanks.

That's exactly what I'm talking about - unless I'm missing something here. So, for instance, let's say I want to make a base for a recipe that uses 1% flavor X, 2.5% flavor Y, 0.5% flavor Z - etc., etc. I might just make up a base like this: 1ml flavor X, 2.5ml flavor Y, 0.5ml flavor Z. Or adjust up keeping the same ratios (maybe double or triple, depending how much base I want to make) Does that make sense?

But I see what you're saying about the calculator not doing that for you. However, there's really no need if you just do what I listed above!

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly what I'm talking about - unless I'm missing something here. So, for instance, let's say I want to make a base for a recipe that uses 1% flavor X, 2.5% flavor Y, 0.5% flavor Z - etc., etc. I might just make up a base like this: 1ml flavor X, 2.5ml flavor Y, 0.5ml flavor Z. Or adjust up keeping the same ratios (maybe double or triple, depending how much base I want to make) Does that make sense?

But I see what you're saying about the calculator not doing that for you. However, there's really no need if you just do what I listed above!

@AmandaD Yes that is what I'm talking about. I see what you are saying, and the math works pretty simple for the recipe you used as an example. However, let's say I want to make a 60ml bottle flavor base of HIC's Apple Cider recipe...I have to figure do all of the math to make the flavors equal a percentage (totalling 100%), then multiply the percentage out by the amount assigned each part, then multiply that out depending upon which size bottle of flavor base I'm making. I think it would be a nice feature or option for one of these ejuice calcs to do for us on the recipe it already has in its database. Hope that makes more sense.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD Yes that is what I'm talking about. I see what you are saying, and the math works pretty simple for the recipe you used as an example. However, let's say I want to make a 60ml bottle flavor base of HIC's Apple Cider recipe...I have to figure do all of the math to make the flavors equal a percentage (totalling 100%), then multiply the percentage out by the amount assigned each part, then multiply that out depending upon which size bottle of flavor base I'm making. I think it would be a nice feature or option for one of these ejuice calcs to do for us on the recipe it already has in its database. Hope that makes more sense.

No, you don't have to do the math. And I can say this because I've made a base for this recipe. All I do is make the base using the percentages as mls - does that make sense? And if I want a bigger base, I sometimes just double the numbers. It's true I can't simply just make 30mls exactly of base without getting out a calculator, but I can pretty easily make close to 30mls just by tripling all the numbers.

Reactions: Edd

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD I see the light now! Lol. I see what you are saying now, and I can understand how to apply that. I wonder why I haven't thought about that sooner? Thanks for the tip and taking the time to explain it until I understood it. Haha.

Reactions: Edd

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD I see the light now! Lol. I see what you are saying now, and I can understand how to apply that. I wonder why I haven't thought about that sooner? Thanks for the tip and taking the time to explain it until I understood it. Haha.

LOL glad it makes sense now! Honestly if I hadn't fallen into doing this months ago I doubt I'd make any big bottles of juice. I hated getting out a whole load of syringes every time I wanted to make a 30ml bottle of juice!

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL glad it makes sense now! Honestly if I hadn't fallen into doing this months ago I doubt I'd make any big bottles of juice. I hated getting out a whole load of syringes every time I wanted to make a 30ml bottle of juice!
I know exactly what you mean. Especially when I'm vaping a flavor I just got done making/steeping and along comes my wife (who uses different PG/VG ration and nic level) or one of my friends who says, "Hey can you make one of those for me?" It's so simple having the flavor base for me to do this for them, and makes it so I don't have to break out all of the "stuff". Not to mention, it has also reduced the amount of times I start to make a recipe and then realize I don't have enough of one of the flavorings. It's just how I do things, and it works for me. To each his own I guess...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know exactly what you mean. Especially when I'm vaping a flavor I just got done making/steeping and along comes my wife (who uses different PG/VG ration and nic level) or one of my friends who says, "Hey can you make one of those for me?" It's so simple having the flavor base for me to do this for them, and makes it so I don't have to break out all of the "stuff". Not to mention, it has also reduced the amount of times I start to make a recipe and then realize I don't have enough of one of the flavorings. It's just how I do things, and it works for me. To each his own I guess...

I also make nic bases. So, let's say I vape 6mg 50/50 and my recipes are generally around 8% flavor. I make up a nic base at 7mg 60vg/50pg which will keep me in the ballpark once flavorings are added. I often make up one in a higher nic base also for friends who vape 12mg. Then it's easy and very fast - and I don't have to work with separate nic often.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the only thing that would be better is if my computer would save the password info. It logs me off too quickly, even if my comp just takes a nap.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@RocketPuppy I have "Remember me" on my list too ;)

@Obi Thank you! :)

@RZAwora Regardless of the shortcuts we can take, it would still be nice to be able to make exactly 10, 15 or 30 ml of base with the help of the calculator :) As I said in the other thread, I'll do it ...eventually :D

JackyZen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really like this calculator, didn't take a long time to save me so much time by mixing by weight! Thank you very much! :)

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really like this calculator, didn't take a long time to save me so much time by mixing by weight! Thank you very much! :)

Thanks! I love mixing by weight myself! :) It saved me so much time! :)

VU Sponsors