Lemo 2 on a mech

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my lemo2 and its intended use is to be my take everywhere tank. Since I baby my sig150, the lemo will be on a mechanical mod.

I've used an orchid on my mech for a long time. I run dual26ga nichrome at around .3 ohms. I'm thinking about trying the same build in the lemo.
Right now, I'm using a 22 ga 3mm 4 wrap coil and it works alright. It runs .25 ohm and draws enough power to work well, but its not the best and I assume there is a better option.

If any of you have better ideas, I'm all ears.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm using a juice in my Lemo 2 with a 0.52 Ohm build, that was tasting awesome in a RDA with a 0.3 Ohm build. However, in the Lemo 2 it's flavor was muted a lot, on my mech mod. So, I put it on my Hana mod and dialed down to 15W and it was tasting as good as it does in my RDA.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using a juice in my Lemo 2 with a 0.52 Ohm build, that was tasting awesome in a RDA with a 0.3 Ohm build. However, in the Lemo 2 it's flavor was muted a lot, on my mech mod. So, I put it on my Hana mod and dialed down to 15W and it was tasting as good as it does in my RDA.
If it were me, I would hop on an ohm calculator and see how many ohms you need to get to that wattage, and if you are close between 3.8 and 4.2 volts.

Im trying a different build right now, Im using dual 26ga nichrome, 2.4mm, 5wraps, .33ohms. Its working fine, but when using a mech, the build needs to draw enough power to vape properly. Regulated mods make life easy and also give clues to how builds will function in certain ranges of power.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I think I just found my winner.
26ga nichrome parallel, 2.4mm, 5wraps (10strands across) and coming in at .31ohm. It has short legs, since its secured under the screw heads.
I have it wicked with koga cotton and running my home brew juice at 50/50.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So 26ga nichrome has been in my lemo2 for that last few days. Good flavor and vapor, I was really happy with it.
I just popped in a 22ga, 3mm spaced coil with 4wraps and reading .31ohm. It kicks the shit out of the parallel 26ga build.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So 26ga nichrome has been in my lemo2 for that last few days. Good flavor and vapor, I was really happy with it.
I just popped in a 22ga, 3mm spaced coil with 4wraps and reading .31ohm. It kicks the shit out of the parallel 26ga build.

I actually saw a youtube video that said the Lemo 2 likes spaced coils better. I will be finding out soon myself.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that 22ga also nichrome?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At that time it was 4 wraps of 22ga kanthal and If I remember correctly .31ohms.
Im now using 22ga nichrome80 with 5 wraps .33ohms.
Im securing around the tops of the screws, not the lower, side holes.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At that time it was 4 wraps of 22ga kanthal and If I remember correctly .31ohms.
Im now using 22ga nichrome80 with 5 wraps .33ohms.
Im securing around the tops of the screws, not the lower, side holes.

What's the difference in securing under the screws as opposed to the normal way?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Less likely for the screws to cut the wire when wrapping around the heads.

And thanks for the reply Pauly.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually saw a youtube video that said the Lemo 2 likes spaced coils better. I will be finding out soon myself.
It certainly seems to. I wasn't impressed with my lemos performance until I spaced the coils.
It gives more available juice for the coil to use

VU Sponsors