Become a Patron!

Legend face plate

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not know how but the face plate on my Legend has got surface scratches. I am gentle with most of my gear but this thing scratches when I look at it wrong. I have seen replacments online and they are inexpensive. Also seem easy to replace but I imagine they will develop scratches as well. So I am thinking about putting some carbon fiber sticky on the current one. Has any one removed theirs? I know it is adhesive that holds it on. Any tips or advise welcome. Also glueing it back on, sugestions please? Thank you.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Probably cheaper to simply replace it, but have you considered putting some of that clear plastic that is used on cell phones?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably cheaper to simply replace it, but have you considered putting some of that clear plastic that is used on cell phones?
Yes that is a very good idea and I will probably do that. I mention the carbon fiber sticky stuff because I already have a roll. I do not know how it got scratched and my vape OCD tells me to cover them up. So IDK the face plate is under $5. I will wait but I will cover the scratched one for possibly future use. Who knows maybe it will look slick and I might use it. Thank you for your sugestion. Peace and love.
Rick

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have some friends that I ride with that are the same way about scratches and rock chips on their bikes. I always tell em just leave em be, those are road scars, they give the bike character. The bikes are meant to be ridden, not show queens. I guess the same could apply to our mods lol.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have some friends that I ride with that are the same way about scratches and rock chips on their bikes. I always tell em just leave em be, those are road scars, they give the bike character. The bikes are meant to be ridden, not show queens. I guess the same could apply to our mods lol.
Yeah you are right. It is just that I bought 2 weeks prior to my involuntary vacation and has less than 1000 puffs on the counter. That and I do baby my gear. Add a healthy dash of mental illness in form of OCD and presto an uncontrollable urge to fix this thing. But good point. Character scratches.

VU Sponsors