Become a Patron!

Legalities of Selling Your Own Custom E Juice

JTR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wondering what the steps would be to create and sell/market your own brand of ejuice? If I make my own custom flavors mixing flavors from the various vendors listed on this forum, do I need to pay them royalties/residuals? Is there any governing body that "approves" someone to sell e juice, or can I just slap a label on it and sell it?

Thanks in advance!

JTR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, it sounds ethically sketchy, but if that doesn't give you pause...

It might be legally dicey. You're not some vendor in Asia out of the reach of your own justice department. As a retailer, you bear a large, if not complete, responsibility for the products you sell. Can you verify all the ingredients? You have no recourse to the original seller if one of your customers has an issue.

Plus... it's just more natural to source the flavorings and make it from scratch, otherwise... you're losing your profit margin to purchasing someone else's premade juice.
Yes, thats what I meant is mixing flavor concentrates, not someones finished juice product. Would I have to cut in FA/TFA/LorAnn etc if I use their flavorings to make my own concoction?

JTR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jebus... I literally read it the other way, because... no, you don't owe a cut to the flavoring mfgs.
I'm trying to picture the scenario that led you down that train of thought. Obviously, I didn't follow. :D
its all good man, i just didn't identify what i meant properly the first time around.

Legally, you would require a business license and preferably insurance. Yes vape shop owners face a risk for selling products, but not all the burden if they are a reseller. The manufacturer (you in this case) still holds primary responsibility for the product and potential problems that may occur.
Regardless that the standards are not yet established by the FDA on ecigs/ejuice; this does not release a manufacturer (or retail stores) from other liabilities. These are the risks you will face.

VU Sponsors