Become a Patron!

Leaving Batteries In Charger

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it bad to leave batteries in an unplugged external charger? I have a 4 bay Nitecore Charger and have been curious about it. I know Mooch has mentioned chargers pulling juice from the batteries or overcharging when they’re left in but I don’t know if that applies to one that’s unplugged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A lot of chargers will slowly drain batteries if left in an unplugged charger, possibly discharging them down past a safe voltage to be recharged after a long period of time, in the nitecore pdf file under precautions it says to remove the cells when unplugged.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot of chargers will slowly drain batteries if left in an unplugged charger, possibly discharging them down past a safe voltage to be recharged after a long period of time, in the nitecore pdf file under precautions it says to remove the cells when unplugged.

Awesome, thanks for the answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like @CactusFanaticus said unplugged isn't a good idea but leaving them in when fully charged (plugged in) I have never had a problem with and if I want my batteries to be charged 100% I need to re-seat them because the charger shuts down when fully charged but because after resting I can squeeze a few more 100ths of a volt in them~! Good Luck

VU Sponsors