Become a Patron!

Leaking Subox Subtank Mini

FM696269

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bought the subox kit in white. Been awesome for 2 months or so, perfect, love it.

Filled up my tank with juice the otherday with the RBA and noticed bubbles going up the tank, i thought hmm, weird, looked at my hand it it was pouring out the airholes.

stripped it down, tightened everything, rewicked, recoiled, filled it up and tried it again, pissed everywhere again, 2 full tanks of juice on my hands and on the bed.

Im using the prebuilt 0.5ohm box thing atm and that doesnt leak, so i know it aint the tanbk but something to do with the rba. How can i diagnose whats wrong with it? like the O ring at the base of the rba is fine, not torn or damaged, im wicking the same as i have for the past 2 months and everything is as it should be, as far as i can tell.

anyone had any experience with a leaking rba in the new subox kits and how did you solve it?

Cheers

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, I have only been using my RBA head for about a week now.

And that in the run of the mill Subtank Mini.

Other than the paint job, I would tend to believe the tanks are the same.

No problems yet.

Is there a remote possibility you stripped a thread on your RBA head.

Grasping at staws here.

kpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Off topic, but how has the paint held up on yours for two months? I just ordered a white one.

Ksarrow

Member For 4 Years
Mine started jumping ohm like crazy then started leaking out the air hole. Dunno why yet, just tossed it in an old cool whip tub. Hoping to see feedback before I started stripping it down.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure that the RBA head is screwed in pretty tightly. Mine came a little loose one time and started leaking immediately. Once I made sure that the RBA was screwed in securely, leak went away. Only thing I can think of. Like UncleRJ said, make sure that the threads aren't stripped as well.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just took mine apart , it does not screw down , but is that tiny ,thin clear gasket kinked or has it moved ? Make sure it is pushed down , when you put the bottom of the chimney ,back on . Also
when you put it in make sure that it stays tight (tighten that tiny screw ) .

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The RBA base most certainly does screw into the base of the device. You either put the RBA base in or you put a premade coil in.

VU Sponsors