Become a Patron!

Lawyer’s Pants Catch Fire During Florida Arson Trial

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seemed like a set up to a tired joke: A lawyer's pants caught on fire in court.
~snip~
Gutierrez, 28, was in the in the Miami-Dade county courtroom defending 49-year-old Claudy Charles, who was accused of setting his car alight.

But During his closing argument, Gutierrez began to feel heat coming from his pocket where he had several electric cigarette batteries, he told NBC News in an email.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lawyer-s-pants-catch-fire-during-florida-arson-trial-n731161

Last edited:

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, reading the rest of this doesn't get any better either.

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate it when a "Captain Obvious" makes the news.

Funny, how they never report the same thing happens with... any old NiMh or alkaline battery when you dead short it in your pants.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
More proof that improperly handled batteries and pocket junk like car keys don't mix.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So yeah, read the article, so this dude was in a court room, meaning that before that he walked into the courthouse had to empty the batteries and keys out of this pockets at the metal detector and then put them back in his pocket loose and nobody questioned this? LMAO i know it's not funny, but seriously the misinformation is real.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire. Or Lawyer, Lawyer, Pants on fire.

This shit was completely staged for the prick to start lawsuits against ecig manufacturers and vendors IMHO.

Last edited:

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire. Or Lawyer, Lawyer, Pants on fire.
This shit was completely staged for the prick to start lawsuits against ecig manufacturers and vendors IMHO.

That thought occurred to me, especially when he says "this was not staged". How do you know when a lawyer is lying? When his............

"This was not staged," Gutierrez said. "No one thinks that a battery left in their pocket is somehow going to 'explode. After careful research, I now know this can happen. I am not the only one this has happened to, but I am in a position to shed light on the situation."

I cringe to think what this doofus, after lighting himself up, means when he says "shed light on the situation".

KA-CHING KA-CHING

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Guess common sense isn't taught in law school.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Miami lawyer whose pants caught on fire during arson trial may be off the case

With millions of users across the country, e-cigarettes deliver vaporized nicotine through a heated liquid solution. But questions about the health and fire risks of the products have mounted, with the U.S. Department of Transportation recently banning e-cigarettes from checked bags on airplanes.

That day, Miami-Dade police officers seized several frayed e-cigarette batteries from Gutierrez as evidence.

VU Sponsors