Latest study : Even those most susceptible to smoking are trying to quit

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
While the writer is obviously pro-vaping, but the folks he cites in the study are wildly out-of-control ANTZ (rhymes with Dr Glantz, hahaha)

"Several studies have been indicating that electronic cigarettes and other harm reduction alternatives such as smokeless tobacco, are very effective at helping smokers quit, and reduce their health risks. However these researchers seem to disagree. They said that their findings indicate that tobacco control policies alone are working, even on those least likely to quit"

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Horsefeathers. If it weren't for vaping, I'm quite confident I'd still be smoking.

I agree - was in no way actively trying to quit at all when I first tried an ecig over four years ago now

Was told by someone I know that it was cheaper, that appealed to me with smokes just under nine bucks a pack back then

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree - was in no way actively trying to quit at all when I first tried an ecig over four years ago now

Was told by someone I know that it was cheaper, that appealed to me with smokes just under nine bucks a pack back then

I was still saying NEVER!!!!!!!! when anyone asked me when I was going to quit smoking -- I only started vaping so I could stay in the damn house instead of freezing my ass off on the porch! then when i saw what a great substitute vaping is, I knew I'd be a damn fool to pass up such a golden opportunity to finally be free of the damn coffin nails -- tobacco control policies had NOTHING WHATSOFUCKINGEVER to do with it. In fact, just the THOUGHT of tobacco control policies STILL makes me wanna go fire one up! And I haven't smoked in over 3 yrs!

They can eat my shorts; tobacco control personnel are the nasty oozing wart on the ass of public health, and I hope they all die... of SMOKE INHALATION!!!!!!!

Andria

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They can eat my shorts;

1msfU.gif

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I didn't intend to quit smoking either, just happened; except for that feet hit floor morning cig. Had to be proactive giving up that one.

VU Sponsors