Become a Patron!

Lapsed vaper needs help

Lesleym1

Member For 3 Years
I've been ashamed to come here for half a year. I started with a pico eleaf and in a few days went from 20-30 cigarettes to just a couple a day and could see a smoking free future

Then less than six weeks since I lost my partner of 38-years a management bully went for me and I ended up losing my job of nearly 10 years on the grounds of gross misconduct and struggling after that to get a job and yes I reached for the cigarettes again.

I have now managed to get a fixed term contract for about 7 months and decided to try again I didn't know how to replace the coil but tonight a friend showed me how so I recharged my eleaf and figuring the liquid might need a change I emptied it then tried to refill it, it was easy to empty (I've done it before when I got bored of a flavour) but then I couldn't get the top off again to put a new liquid in the tank. So far all I have done is coated the vaper and myself in nicotine liquid (I did remember to wash my hands rather enthusiastically)

I know the Eleaf loads from the top but I just can't get it open any ideas would be appreciated all that happens is I untwist everything and when I try loading from the bottom obviously the liquid just drips out the top

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try putting the tank in the freezer for a minute to see if that loosens the top. If you get it off maybe break down and clean the whole tank with hot water, except the coil.
I couldn't get my baby beast tank unscrewed to get to the coil for changing and the freezer trick worked for me.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
you've had a really rough ride and it's completely understandable to want to reach for something you associate as comfort in times of stress or grief

But as nightshard said you made the choice to try again and that's all that matters hope things settle for you ...

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome and glad you are back!
Maybe try rubber gloves, rubber bands to aid in grip . Some tanks are just hard to take apart. Sorry about your relapsing back to cigarettes- it happens! You could start out by stepping down, make a contest with yourself, and or set a quit date and work towards that. It is up to you, no judgement and no more stressing! Some people dual use- like my hubby- while I quit smoking by vaping, I gave myself two weeks, set a quit date and that did it for me! Don't get me wrong, for many weeks my urges to have a cigarette were strong- but I am stubborn, and just didn't give in and fought through it with will power and vaped more!
Stay Strong and Vape On!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I've been ashamed to come here for half a year. I started with a pico eleaf and in a few days went from 20-30 cigarettes to just a couple a day and could see a smoking free future

Then less than six weeks since I lost my partner of 38-years a management bully went for me and I ended up losing my job of nearly 10 years on the grounds of gross misconduct and struggling after that to get a job and yes I reached for the cigarettes again.

I have now managed to get a fixed term contract for about 7 months and decided to try again I didn't know how to replace the coil but tonight a friend showed me how so I recharged my eleaf and figuring the liquid might need a change I emptied it then tried to refill it, it was easy to empty (I've done it before when I got bored of a flavour) but then I couldn't get the top off again to put a new liquid in the tank. So far all I have done is coated the vaper and myself in nicotine liquid (I did remember to wash my hands rather enthusiastically)

I know the Eleaf loads from the top but I just can't get it open any ideas would be appreciated all that happens is I untwist everything and when I try loading from the bottom obviously the liquid just drips out the top
Welcome back @LesleySM ! There is nothing to be ashamed of, and no reason to stay away. These forums are full of people with similar stories on struggling to quit smoking. It took me more than a full year to give up the (30+ years, 3 packs a day) habit completely, but if I can do it anyone can! Keep with it, you will eventually persevere, and when you do, you will never go back. Stop in here anytime you feel like grabbing a smoke, someone will talk you down off the ledge. :D

As for your tank, as already stated, something rubber to get a grip should help tremendously. If you have one of the thin rubber exercise bands, they work really well. You can also try using 2 pair of pliers, one to grip the top, and one to grip the bottom, the leverage may be what you need to break the top off. You have to be very careful though, otherwise you can a) break the glass tank, b) scratch the finish horribly (but at least it will still work) or c) both a and b ... good luck and HTH

VU Sponsors