Kylin V2 review/complaint thread

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by Mrwordsworth, Dec 6, 2018.

1. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The DAWG is generally similar indeed, but it still ain't the Lotus. I'll be interested in that comparison too.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  2. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I WAS the exact same way. UNTIL I got my hands on this one. now, I'm not saying that it is as nice as an authentic, I know it's not.
    at least, I hope its not.
    but, as far as I can see, it is just as good where it counts.

IMG_3369.JPG

St.Roostifer and gsmit1 like this.
  3. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    i'm not even saying I'll never buy one. It's not even just about build quality for me either. I don't know what it is.

4. St.Roostifer

St.Roostifer Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm really looking forward to the Lotus. I plan to so a comparison with the Lotus, Blitzen, Reload and aromamizer V2.1. Thats if the boat ever gets here, lol.

I feel the same way about my favorite set up which is a black Smoant Naboo with a black Geekvape Blitzen. They have been together since I bought them last November.

jinx'd, gsmit1 and Bigbob2322 like this.
  5. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    The dawg looks interesting but I just cannot get past the name and the obscenely large letters. Good gawd, lol.

Bigbob2322 and gsmit1 like this.
  6. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Seems like I remember Valuna V2 is supposed to have better posts than Dawg, or something like that. Similar/same flavor. I think it was Vic.

7. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    The problem is that there's so many good dual coil RTAs out right now. Not many stand out from the pack like the Lotus :rolleyes:

8. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    I looked at the Valuna and it looks good but for dual coils I definately want a postless deck. The intrepid has a similar deck style like the dawg, lotus and reload.

gsmit1 likes this.
  9. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Oh, yeah. Just refresheded my remembery and Valuna V2 has Manta style posts. Manta is a great vape and pretty tank, but the posts were a pita for me.

St.Roostifer and gsmit1 like this.
  10. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    The Intrepid is an excellent DC RTA too. Got one during the holidays.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  11. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    Ive heard the same about the manta. Normally I dont like the flavor from dual coil rtas with the coil mounts in the middle of the deck like the manta, stacked, crius 2 etc. That changed for me when i tried my first postless dual coil deck. Now thats all i want to vape, lmafo.

Vape Fan likes this.
  12. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    How do you like the flavor? I was looking at it myself.

gsmit1 likes this.
  13. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    The flavor is really good with the right build. Lots of airflow with this one though and it has these interchangeable ceramic inserts that go in the deck under the coil/s for dual and single builds.

I don't think it would probably have as wide an appeal for RTA lovers as the Lotus though. It can mute and be fiddly with coil size and placement, but great when you find your sweet spot.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  14. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    The Lotus is one giant sweet spot :D

Vape Fan likes this.
  15. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I think Ill pass then. I get the idea behind the inserts but Id rather get an rta thats designed for dual coils. Definately getting a reload, probably two, and might give the coilart mage 2019 a try. Cant get the new Mage out of my mind which is usually a good sign that ill like it. Had the same thing with the Blitzen and when I finally got around to getting it, I loved it.

gsmit1 and Vape Fan like this.
  16. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    After watching some videos on the intrepid I've changed my mind. I like it alot and should be right in my wheelhouse for airflow and with the right coils, flavor. Myvpro has them for $16 and in black. Think I'll grab two for that price, lol.

gsmit1 likes this.
  17. Derk2210

Derk2210 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Update from writing to VV today I finally received a new Kylin V2 in the post, I have in the 3 months between buying the tanks and getting the replacement today bought
    1 x dead rabbit great tank no leaks
    1 x Geekvape Zeus dual really great tank no leaks
    2 x Geekvape Zeus X the bogs bollocks love it
    When I get round to building the Kylin I will let you know if this one is any good but to be honest the Zeus X
    Is going to take some beating and I now have my eye on a QP m25 when they arrive in the uk

18. rozenkreuser

rozenkreuser New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi all, l have kilin v2 since desember 2k18 and it leaks like Niagara.
    Ok, I think, I could fix it.
    Remove 510 both pins.
    Remove all parts of the rta and wash them.
    Fix deck in 2 medium size clamps (like in photo) as tight as possible.
    Use a small pice of tape for fixin water pipes around second pin (3*1mm).
    Screw pin as tight as possible.
    Change all orings
    Cotton near the positive stand (where insulator is) must be till the bottom of the juice well. The second well must be covered by half.
    No leaks for 3 days. Hope that helps.
    Sorry for my english IMG_20190405_200109.jpeg IMG_20190406_004453.jpeg IMG_20190406_004517.jpeg

Отправлено с моего MI 6 через Tapatalk

Bigbob2322 and St.Roostifer like this.
  19. Barduck

Barduck New Member

Blog Posts:
    Fasttech sent me a replacement that hasnt leak on me over a week now so it has 100% nothing to do with wicking its all come down to manufactor problem, defected batch or something.

Vape Fan likes this.
  20. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    If you can get through a few wickings without it leaking, then you've done something.

21. Barduck

Barduck New Member

Blog Posts:
    What do you mean?

First one that leaked i did 50+ wicks and 10+ coils. New one havent leaked a drop after 4+ wicks and 2 different coil setups so the leaked ones are for sure a manufactor problem and not customer doing wrong.

22. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    You go though coils and wicks fast, don’t you. It’s that I’ve seen so many reports of 2 or more weeks of ownership before a leak. That makes me think that AF insert alignment isn’t the only issue.

23. rozenkreuser

rozenkreuser New Member

Blog Posts:
    Its useless, leaks again after 5 days.

24. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    What a shame. I really like the build deck and the looks of the tank. But I'm so glad I passed on this one.

25. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Did you get your Lotus yet?

St.Roostifer likes this.
  26. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    Sigh, nope not yet. I checked today and it still hasn't gotten into the hands of USPS. Guess it's still in the container or hanging out in customs, lol.

gsmit1 likes this.
  27. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    It;s been at least a month. I know what you're going through.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  28. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    Yeah the lotus was shipped February 27th but there's no telling how long it took for the boat to actually leave the dock. Maybe by the 4th of July, lol.

gsmit1 likes this.
  29. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    What color did you get again?

St.Roostifer likes this.
  30. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    Black with race red o-rings. :giggle:

31. Barduck

Barduck New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just got mine black on black augvape200 sexy as hell 100% perfect color match.

But i cant say its better than my kylin v2. I feel its better flavor on kylin must be that it has airflow not only on the sides but under the coils also. Kylin hits you much harder, half way open and flavor is banging and its just a whole other experience.

The lotus is less airflow and less hard hitting, like you want to fill the lungs fast but still feel that flavor and airflow, hard to describe.

First i hated the lotus, but then i moved the coils out from airflow a bit so it got more airy and i liked it. Use it everyday but kylin i rate higher.

gsmit1 likes this.
  32. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Here is the simple round wire titanium build I have in my first one right now. I am still smacking the taste off my palette as I type this, after drinking water and last hitting it several minutes ago. No gurgle, spitback or leaking. Ever. Just rich, juicy, thick flavorful vapor.

It IS slightly restricted wide open, but I still close it off a little more. I prefer a bit of restriction. I will say that depending on my mood, it and the Kylin V2 run neck n neck in terms of flavor, but the Lotus kills it in terms of hassle free setup and maintenance.
    titry_cr.jpg

Vape Fan and St.Roostifer like this.
  33. MerxDaBeast

MerxDaBeast New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone, I am new here, just wanting to put my $0.02 in,

I have 2 Kylin V2s, one is Gunmetal, the other, Matte Grey

Both are leaking, not from the airflow, but between the base of the atomizer, and the airflow ring, and consistently leave a ring of juice on my mod. I haven't tried tightening the 510 pin yet, but I am about to disassemble my Matte Grey one completely, and then try to clean out everything I possibly can, rebuild, rework, etc. Based on the messages here though, I'm probably going to take a look at getting a Lotus or Zeus X (although I hate my Zeus dual, as the flavor seems to be mute-city, but it's probably better than leak-city)

Usually the issue is temporarily fixed by rebuilding and then I don't get leaks for a few days, but it always seems to come back, regardless if I fill it with airflow closed, open, tank full, empty, dual coil, single coil, etc, doesn't matter. Typically I run single coil but I've tried dual coil before a few times, either way, the leak seems to be the same, through no fault of my wicking or builds. If it leaks out of the Airflow, I know I messed up, but it doesn't look to be airflow related at all..

I could be wrong, but I also haven't really had success with any tanks that don't leak, except for my least favorite tank, my Zeus dual. The only difference between my Zeus and all my other RTAs is the airflow, which is obviously at the top for the Zeus, but for all of my other RTAs, the airflow is at the bottom.

Either way, just wanted to share and add my complaint to the list. Haven't contacted VaporDNA or Vandy Vape or anything, as of yet.

34. rozenkreuser

rozenkreuser New Member

Blog Posts:
    3 weeks ago, I send the email to vany vape tech support. I asked , how to remove positive stand off the deck, because my kylin v2 leaks. Still no answer. I think they dont care...

gsmit1 and Bigbob2322 like this.
  35. Derk2210

Derk2210 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Built the replacement from VV today, I do love this tank easy to build, great airflow and taste let’s see if this one leaks.

36. Rockyrocke

Rockyrocke New Member

Blog Posts:
    Both my kylin v2 are back in the boxes now after destroying a mod that was it for vv products I’ve now got the Zeus x and in my opinion it’s the best rta I’ve ever had can’t go wrong with wicking and 100% leak proof also flavour and clouds are on point

Vape Fan likes this.
  37. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I'm trying to compare. This is the first time I've taken the Kylin V2 off my AL in about a month, give or take. How does this compare to the leaking everybody is talking about?
    20190509_124939_cr.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  38. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Your doing very good, I'd be happy with that leaking after a month.

gsmit1 likes this.