Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sweet....grabbing a few five packs today lol.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell yea, a price that makes sense. Ordered a few sets for me and some buddies.

xatura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hell yea, a price that makes sense. Ordered a few sets for me and some buddies.
I wish I am your buddy so you order for me before goes to my cart lol .

anyway where is the Fastech sub forum on VPU ? i cant find the sub forum .

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kinda think the Kuro Coiler is made in China, but sold here in the USA at a rather exorbitant price. When you think of it, it's a stick of aluminum with a mandrel and a hole for the Kanthal to feed through. It ain't worth $20, if it was truly made in the USA in a set of 3 sizes, I would have bought it for $20.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those coilers are trivial to make for any turning shop. Even US-made tools like that aren't worth 60 bucks by any stretch of the imagination.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered a set. For that price why not. I have no problem making my own coils the old fashion way. But with these I can just make up a bunch to have on hand.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now the wait...Anyone taking bets on how long fasttech will have them for sale?

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
XMAS14 gets better and better. Yes, the code still worked as recently as early this morning.

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the price they should be. $60 for a set of three is outrageous.
Agreed. When I first heard about this thing, I was like I understand that they have to make money, but $20 bucks each for that? Fuck you, I'll wait for the clone. They should be $12 bucks each at most. Clones FTW!

sohkis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like i was late to the party, now ships in 5 business days..

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was "5 business days" since it was listed

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Estimated Shipping Date:1/16/2015

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll just have to make do with the home made version till they ship. Screwdriver - plastic pop bottle cap with a hole in the center that the screwdirver fits nicely and a kayfun screw offset from it. Just spin the cap. Works absurdly well.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just gotta shipping notice from Fasttech. Now the 2 week wait is on.

Tap'd from my LG G3

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What sipping method do you select to get things in 2 weeks. Mine usually takes a month!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man... I REALLY appreciate it!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my last order from them and I haven't had one come much quicker or slower. Something with a battery in it, 1 month no matter what shipping option you choose. Customs, lipo, explosions and such concerns.

Screenshot_2015-02-02-16-32-11.png

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again... I bookmarked this thread so when I buy something from them again, I might get it faster. Again, thanks so much.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks... didn't know SlowTech used coupons :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They haven't in a long time, I guess they forgot how to remove the coupon code lol.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had my set for a few days now. Gotta say I am not a fan. They wrap the coils almost too tight. I am not getting correct ohm readings based on my builds. And the coils do not fire evenly from the inside out. Almost as if the current is jumping sporadically from wrap to wrap.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh, I am getting a different outcome. I have noticed that it doesn't take as many pulses to get the coils to fire evenly from center out. Nothing drastic, but less. They also hold their shape a little better when installing.

My coil wrap count / resistance is coming out about the same as using a same size drill bit also.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Huh, I am getting a different outcome. I have noticed that it doesn't take as many pulses to get the coils to fire evenly from center out. Nothing drastic, but less. They also hold their shape a little better when installing.

My coil wrap count / resistance is coming out about the same as using a same size drill bit also.

Hmmm I did an 11/10 wrap of 28g around a 2.5mm and it was reading 1.4Ω when it should be around 2.0Ω. Did a 12/11 of 26g around a 2.5mm and it was reading 1.2Ω instead of the expected 1.5Ω. My builds on a 2.4mm drive were always spot on pretty close within .1Ω.

I will admit they hold their shape perfectly right off the jig though.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only done 2 builds with it so far. Got me curious now, I'll do a coil on a bit and a coil on the tool and check resistance.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My resistances have been quite off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine did the same thing. It seemed to spread the coil when trying to take off the jig. I did a 7 wrap using 26g and it bounced around so much it went to 1.2 ohms on the meter. Ripped it off tried another. Did the same but was slightly lower in ohms. Maybe 1. Got sick of wasting wire and dicking with the koiler so I got the precision screw set out. First one was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, getting the wire out of the tool is a bit of a pain. I have been pushing it through as i pull the coil off the mandrel.
Same as when I coil on a drill bit i count one extra wrap and take the first wrap out after I'm done so it's neat & tidy.

VU Sponsors