Become a Patron!

Koh Gen Do in stock... but for how long?

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
According to several juice makers in my area, not just my opinion, Koh Gen Do has a taste. They also think it is harder to use. They use Shizen Japanese Cotton for their tasting of new flavors and for their builds. They just take a pair of scissors, cut the cotton to the width they need for the micro coil build, slid it through the coils, trim the ends and they are done.

After talking with them, I picked some up at a local B&M and tried it. No taste from the cotton and easy to use.

Just my observation and theirs.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hows does this type of cotton compare to Rayon guys, never tried it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Rayon in my experience gives the vape an odd taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hows does this type of cotton compare to Rayon guys, never tried it.

I have Rayon, some people say it has a taste, but I did not experience that. But I found it harder to use than say rolled cotton balls from Swisspers. I have found Japanese Cotton sheets easiest and quickest to use. Most Japanese cotton sheets are stranded in one direction, especially the water woven ones. Cut in the stranded direction, to the width needed and pull through the micro coil. No need to twist or roll like you need to with cotton balls, even rolled cotton balls. Some Japanese cotton sheets just kind of fall apart, when you go to use them.

I have tried a lot of cotton balls(my wife will never run out of them now), cotton yarn, Japanese organic cotton yarn, Japanese organic cotton sheets, cotton butchers twine(some people pass this off as 3mm organic cotton wick), organic cotton twine, flat braided cotton wick, square braided cotton wick, twist cotton wick, etc. I won't say Shizen is the best. But it is easy to work with, has no taste and when I partially melted the insulator in my Orchid and the switch head in my Roller, the cotton was not burnt. Besides, after the juice makers told me about it, that kind of worked for me.

I have found it in a few shops around Long Beach, CA., so I don't have to order something unknown to me, online.

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use both Rayon and Koh Gen. I think the Koh Gen is easier to work with from a building perspective, but in terms of flavor, both work just fine for me. I do not notice a 'taste' with either. I left regular cotton balls awhile ago.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My KGD from Dermstore arrived yesterday. Wicked up a few attys and, so far, I think I like KGD better than the rayon I've been using. Both are easy to work with the KGD is stupid easy.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been happy with Cotton-labo at 200 for $10. Haven't actually used KGD 'cause I couldn't get any at the time. Rayon is fine (that big box will last several lifetimes) but has a narrower sweet spot than cotton and is a little harder to handle due to it's fly away tendencies. Getting the density correct with rayon is essential. If you can taste the rayon then it's not right.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Rayon is too fiddly, just cannae be bothered with it

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No reason to. Plenty of other options available. I'll probably have to include my box in my will.;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a tonne of that stuff. I'll have a friar give it to a shelter

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Koh Gen Do" must be happy that Women are finally discovering their product.. lol

KohGen.jpg

VU Sponsors