Become a Patron!

Kensei RTA

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
Hi. So ive had my Kensei RTA since Feb this year. Worked great. I put it away for about a month and when i went to put a build in it I noticed something weird. When I go take the tank on and off the base, it rubs the metal. I've cleaned and dried multiple times. Still rubs metal on metal. It never used to rub. Its almost as if the metal has a slight warp to it now. Anyone ever hear of that happening?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What is rubbing metal on metal? Are the threads crunchy or is it some other part? Couple of things come to mind without specifics. If crunchy threads take a sharp pair of tweezers and run it around the threading to clean them out. If some other part make sure you do not have a crushed/missing o ring or something like that.

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
iwnpdj.jpg
These pics are attempting to put tank on base. No coils either. As when i found this out I was putting some 3mm claptons on it and thought it was coils causing the issue. The second pic is not even touching threads. Its just that the metal will stop the tank unless I apply force to push it down to threads. It never used to do that. Theres also no missing or damaged o rings.
iwnpdj.jpg

ou71g3.jpg

Edit: Sorry bout pic size. Didnt want to work with URL link.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iwnpdj.jpg
These pics are attempting to put tank on base. No coils either. As when i found this out I was putting some 3mm claptons on it and thought it was coils causing the issue. The second pic is not even touching threads. Its just that the metal will stop the tank unless I apply force to push it down to threads. It never used to do that. Theres also no missing or damaged o rings.
iwnpdj.jpg

ou71g3.jpg

Edit: Sorry bout pic size. Didnt want to work with URL link.
Those two small clips at the bottom of the Chimney where it catches the deck could be bent and out of alignment......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What Manny said. There is no other reason that should not slide on. Have you tried to force it on in the past?

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
Sorry for late reply. I looked closer at the cotton traps. One is slightly elongated. Very minutely. Which matches up with the scrape marks inside the bell. There also seems to be a notch on same trap. Not sure why its there or how it got there.
2v7tocx.jpg

@jwill Nope i have never had to force it on before. I have never dropped it either. Never had to be rough with it. I did however let it sit half full for close to a month though.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for late reply. I looked closer at the cotton traps. One is slightly elongated. Very minutely. Which matches up with the scrape marks inside the bell. There also seems to be a notch on same trap. Not sure why its there or how it got there.

@jwill Nope i have never had to force it on before. I have never dropped it either. Never had to be rough with it. I did however let it sit half full for close to a month though.

That notch looks like it's either from being hit with a hard edge, or from being squeezed with a heard edge. My bet is it was that way from the time it was manufactured and you just didn't feel it, but that's just my opinion.

The edges left and right of the notch might be slightly raised. You could file those surfaces with an appropriate file, a small and reasonably fine file. Or you could just leave it. It doesn't seem to harm your vape and if this is actually the issue, I doubt it will get worse over time. More likely it will get better after a while or at worst stay the same.

Best of luck with it!

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
Ive been using it with no issues. Just have to push a little harder still. Might be time to retire it though. The tank and mod took a trip down a flight of stairs with a couple wild bounces. Surprisingly the only thing that broke was bubble tank.

VU Sponsors