Become a Patron!

KC Vapes Liberty, MO location

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Um.....Really? Is all I really have to say......can you say overpriced as hell! For instance the istick 50w they wanted 79.99. A cheaply made Dual Coil 4 post rebuildable dripper tank they wanted $49.99 for. 30ml of there "house juice" 16.99, 30ml of their "premium" juice $23.99? Rude staff I expressed my interest in a nice fruity cookie juice with high VG when looking for a flavor for the fiance' as I was in a pinch and have no VG atm a long with no time to wait for someone to ship me something. I let them know I did not nor did she like the "Possom Trot Emerald City Pie" we had got a while back and they said "REALLY?! That is our best seller everyone like it". I said well I do not can I sample a couple of others. all while they were hounding me for not liking one of their shit tasting flavors. I mean it really was not all that bad however it something I wouldve expected to pay $10 for 30ml or less.....needless to say thank god for all my flavors from the multitude of BAD ASS vendors on here getting here and my VG getting here Tuesday I will never again have to step foot in a B&M.

Shit I could open a B&M $50k including paying a 1 year lease in full in a nicer building 1 block away that gets higher foot/car traffic. Put a big ass sign on the door "We will beat any competitors prices by at least 10% on juices/hardware/accessories within 10 miles" still sell everything at 50%-75% markup and have my investment back in less than a year. The nerve some of these people have trying to charge me over twice what a device can be had for online, and over 3 times what a tank can be had for online! And then check this out!!! Tobeco - Yep RDA they wanted $59.99 I GOT IT ONLINE FOR $12 fucking are you serious right now????????

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I feel your pain! I know the local guys need to make a profit, but it's crazy what some of them charge for gear. I bought an IStick 50 online for $49.95 for the full kit, and the local shops were asking $99.95 for it. Can't tell me they can't sell it cheaper and still make a healthy profit on it.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The business I am in when we sell to an end user at a retail location we aim for the shop to be able to make between 30% and 50% profit on items that are priced about the same as juice and or vape gear. The only things where we aim for the retail shop to make 50%+ are on items that are priced at or below $10. None the less it is whatever it is I guess there are many more people who vape that do not know any better than there are people who do know better.

I mean really you can get it from the manufacturer cheaper than most vape shops https://www.eleafus.com/battery/istick-50w.html
you can get them online retail from trusted places cheaper than manufacturer http://vapenw.com/istick-50w-by-eleaf
and if you order them 15 at a time you can get them even cheaper http://www.dhgate.com/product/in-st...-cigarette/240257216.html#s1-14-7a|2449377336

My theory is anyone trying to double or tripple or even quadroople+ their money off of people who do not know any better are crooks. I understand the need to make a profit, cover overhead, etc, etc, but jesus some of these shops are insane with their prices. Hell the one I went into had a sale posted on their website but would not honor it in store???? that doesn't even make since to me

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you raging on one vendor while at the same time, trying to promote your self, jay223119 ??

@Whiskey

No, I have no interest in opening a vape shop, (B&M or Online), (or a juice business I have just enough time for DIY but no where near enough time to develop a business. I have done research in my free time and know what it could be done for though as that is what I do for a living, I buy suffering businesses (or enter a market where I could undercut retail 50% (which from what I have read and seen I do not think that is possible AT ALL in the vape industry) if I think they can be turned around, turn them around, and sell them). For instance currently I am working a business that moves children items in large quantities lol. Last year it was candles :)) Next year who know what it will be but until there is set in stone regulation on ejuice and hardware I wouldn't want to chance my money on it.

Now I am VERY glad others do as if they didn't the community, products, flavors, information, etc, etc, would not be where it is today and I would probably still be killing myself 30-35 Marlborough reds at a time

I am a business person and there ethical ways of making a profit and unethical ways of making a profit.....I simply do not enjoy being talked down to, staff being angry with me when I ask if they will honor one of their ads, or staff getting lippy with me when I simply state I did not enjoy one of their flavors just because everyone else does....

or overcharged, or anything, hell I even talked with one of the managers, found out what they were paying for one of their items, and directed them to a online retail site that sells it cheaper than the distributor they were using.....then the little pieces they put on the tips of their samples I showed them where to get it cheaper.

Maybe the people in their were just having a bad day or something.

Last edited:

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahhhh ok, I was just reading the post from a different angle:cool::)

Not quite sure what this post/thread means, either....???

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/kc-vapes-liberty-mo-off-of-291-and-152.91049/

Hey no worries I read stuff different than it is intended all the time.

letting others in the area know that their is a vape shop in the area should they be looking for one. I know many people who refuse to purchase online so it might be good for them to know where they are. Also I know many people like to keep business local regardless of the price. I didn't see any listed in there from our area so though I would list them in there (unless it is only for shops to let people know where they are then feel free to remove the post)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for clarifying this for me :) What confused me was you were not happy with this vendor yet you gave info on their B & M location.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for clarifying this for me :) What confused me was you were not happy with this vendor yet you gave info on their B & M location.

No worries, and your welcome :)

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your not to far away at all from me
Yeah I probably end up in Liberty once a week. How about the little shop at 82nd and North Oak KCMO I really like that shop and the employees there.

Another cool little shop on the other side of me about 15 minutes is "The Vapor House on Blueridge blvd or cut off I can't remember. Couple young guys seem to own it but not to cocky and they seem to know what they're doing. Cool like shop for sure "The Vapor House" KCMO A house turned into a vapor shop/lounge.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the first one you talking about Aquos or however you spell it? I haven't been in the second one you mentioned i have drove by it a couple of times though. I may have to stop in mext time im over that way.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No they have one of them by me though on Noland rd.

The one up north is a VAPUR of KC...8103 North Oak but you may not like there prices either but very cool people, that's worth alot to me.

KC Vapes in Olathe, KS?
I'll mail order before I'll pay 40% premiums for gear I can have in less than a week.
Most of what they stock is - well - kind of dated to say the least.
Overpriced batteries and over priced juice.
Outrageous prices on mods that are--well a year behind times.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No they have one of them by me though on Noland rd.

The one up north is a VAPUR of KC...8103 North Oak but you may not like there prices either but very cool people, that's worth alot to me.

I don't mind vaoe shops if the staff are nice. I generally don't buy from them but when in a pinch indo from time to time. Ill keep that in mind next time im in a pinch and need to one for whatever reason.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
KC Vapes in Olathe, KS?
I'll mail order before I'll pay 40% premiums for gear I can have in less than a week.
Most of what they stock is - well - kind of dated to say the least.
Overpriced batteries and over priced juice.
Outrageous prices on mods that are--well a year behind times.

Open a vape shop here in town with prices you pay (no mark up) and I will be a supportive loyal full time customer. I'll even stand in for you when I can so you can hit the soup lines when you get hungry and help keep an eye on your bicycle and shit. :D

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Open a vape shop here in town with prices you pay (no mark up) and I will be a supportive loyal full time customer. I'll even stand in for you when I can so you can hit the soup lines when you get hungry and help keep an eye on your bicycle and shit. :D

Lol. I understand the need to make a profit more than most probably do. Hell I'd be ok paying 40% markup on wholesale all day long. What im not ok with is paying 100%-400% or more....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I know many people who refuse to purchase online \

I'm the opposite when it comes to vape gear.
I refuse to buy from a B&M and pay a 500% markup.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm the opposite when it comes to vape gear.
I refuse to buy from a B&M and pay a 500% markup.

Yes me too! I honestly do not see why anyone does unless they are in dire need of juice that would be the only reason I could think of

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most B & M's customers are noobs, they get away with it and they know they can get away with it, Noobs have no idea what pricing should be if not a seasoned vaper.

VU Sponsors