Become a Patron!

kbox sub mini not fireing

lilwolfie808

Member For 1 Year
i just bought my kbox mini off eBay and it reads 0.0 voltage. And the screen goes blank every time i try to fire it up. its quite frustrating how there are so many things wrong with it and i haven't even had it for a month. i just need help with these problems with my kbox. one of the buttons are stuck and i was going to take it to a vape shop. But i wanted to see if it is an easy fix or not I'm kinda new to vaping and this is my first mod i really want this to work. so any help would be appreciated.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i just bought my kbox mini off eBay and it reads 0.0 voltage. And the screen goes blank every time i try to fire it up. its quite frustrating how there are so many things wrong with it and i haven't even had it for a month. i just need help with these problems with my kbox. one of the buttons are stuck and i was going to take it to a vape shop. But i wanted to see if it is an easy fix or not I'm kinda new to vaping and this is my first mod i really want this to work. so any help would be appreciated.

Well...the voltage on that kind of mod only shows while firing

Is your battery charged?

Does it fire when you press the fire button?

The screen issue is not an easy fix - I would recommend shopping at a dedicated vape gear website and buying a Newer kind of mod - there are many affordable ones

Your Kbox Mini was made over 2 years ago

Some websites I like to shop at (never Ebay for vape gear, unless it comes with a guarantee/refund warranty)

vapordna.com - dependable

vapenw.com - cheapest usually

lilwolfie808

Member For 1 Year
yes the battery is fully charged last time i checked it does not fire at all so are you saying the vape is completely screwed

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
eBay!

15085031.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What tank are you using on it? Subtank mini? Which coil... ohms and metal?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
the tank I bought with it the coil ummm came with the starter kit ohms are .6
Okay, here's the first point I need to make... when you buy from eBay there are no guarantees that the device is authentic, works properly, and there is NO warranty.

You bought one of the best kits you can buy for a beginner. But... it sounds to me like you purchased it from the wrong eBay seller. There are a few legit sellers on eBay, but 90% of them sell junk clones.

My best advice if you want a device that is safe and works properly. THROW IT AWAY and buy one from any of the reputable vendors listed on my Blog. I have a list on the right hand side under the VU banner of recommended gear vendors. If you go with FastTech make sure it says "Authentic" in the product title.

Here's a few I found in stock from trusted vendors:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...entic-kangertech-subox-mini-black-starter-kit (China - Slow shipping)
https://www.misthub.com/collections...-subox-mini-starter-kit?avad=208847_b130eec09 (US)
http://www.vaporkart.com/Kangertech-SUBOX-Mini-50W-Starter-Kit-p/ksm50.htm (US)

There is also the Topbox mini... it's the same design but tank has top fill... mod goes to 75W
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3099/10014058/4024300-authentic-kangertech-topbox-mini-starter-kit (China - Slow shipping)
https://www.misthub.com/products/kanger-topbox-mini-75w-starter-kit?variant=11019857285 (US)
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-TOPBOX-Mini-Kit-p/krsz020.htm (US)

PS: If you used Paypal to purchase it on eBay you may be able to open a dispute for defective product and get your money back.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
buy one from any of the reputable vendors listed on my Blog.

I will use my once in year double vote to second and third this bit of advice. So it is now written and set in stone, hear ye, hear ye!

Buy only from reputable vendors online or reputable brick and mortar shops.

If from ebay you buy expect junk shall you as a general case. There are exceptions but they're that exactly, exceptions and you really need to check and triple check before buying.

*One MC crackles with static* "That is all! Carry on!"

lilwolfie808

Member For 1 Year
call me stupid or stubborn if you please but you guys are telling me that i spend money on a broken vape I'm going to buy from the vape stores you suggested is direct vapors a good place cause i was thinking about buying a geek-vape aegis legend

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
call me stupid or stubborn if you please but you guys are telling me that i spend money on a broken vape I'm going to buy from the vape stores you suggested is direct vapors a good place cause i was thinking about buying a geek-vape aegis legend
Direct Vapor is one of my recommended shops. Good choice!

lilwolfie808

Member For 1 Year
so the box is totally screwed...........if its a clone is there any way that i can fix it or no cause i don't have the money as of now to afford another one

lilwolfie808

Member For 1 Year
Well...the voltage on that kind of mod only shows while firing

Is your battery charged?

Does it fire when you press the fire button?

The screen issue is not an easy fix - I would recommend shopping at a dedicated vape gear website and buying a Newer kind of mod - there are many affordable ones

Your Kbox Mini was made over 2 years ago

Some websites I like to shop at (never Ebay for vape gear, unless it comes with a guarantee/refund warranty)

vapordna.com - dependable

vapenw.com - cheapest usually
vapordna is a pretty good site ill go there to

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so the box is totally screwed...........if its a clone is there any way that i can fix it or no cause i don't have the money as of now to afford another one

Does it work and fire and just the screen is off? if it still works, it works, I guess :p

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
vapordna is a pretty good site ill go there to
Right now you can get a legit Kbox 70W for $18.99 with free shipping. It'll be slow to get here, but you can't beat that price! It's basically the same mod, just a little bigger with built in battery.
http://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/254...?search_query=kbox+70w&results=5#.W5qGUOhKiHs

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So I guess with no screen you just turn it up until it vapes right?

It's all good if it works without a screen (just DO NOT change out of wattage mode) you can just pretend you have the Original Kanger Kbox 40w.

I had (still have somewhere?) two of them.
They don't even have a screen.:D

kanger_kbox_40w_tc_box_mod_3_.jpg

So, it could be worse.
What if the mod lit up just fine but it didn't produce vapor?:)

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I think the 510 pin is stuck but idk
If it's reading the coil then the 510 is not stuck. But you can take some tweezers or small screwdriver to very gently pull up on the pin if it's not making contact.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the subject matter in this thread would give adequate rationale to further advance our molecule transference and redistribution machine. With that machine @lilwolfie808 could send someone here their mod, we could examine it, repair it, send it right back. We have digital technology right here, so it's likely we could manage facilitating such transference of matter.

I keep broaching this with our steering committee but also keep getting shut down. The whole issue of the gray rabbit going purple could not have been foreseen. Rabbits are always tricky in September, they sometimes even choose to be possums. How could I have known the lithium dioxide would alter colors with particle acceleration?

I mean damn it, I'm the best tinkerer the research and development team has got, you hamstring a whole department over one silly little rabbit. *smh* It's not right this bureaucracy we face when trying to make nice things for everyone. And also the incident with the food replicators was not on us either, that was those pesky tribbles run amuck. Even engineering can tell you that.

Bah! I may just leave this boat!

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Apologies for some levity. Honestly though it'd be great if we could just nab your device, look it over and fix it, toss it right back to you. Often problems such as they present themselves do require a hands on approach. It's usually something minor if you understand about devices, or maybe not even a problem but something the device is designed to do for this reason or that to protect a user. With it not being in someone's hands it makes it rough to determine.

Got to loves technology in such cases.

VU Sponsors