Become a Patron!

Kbee

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lost my package. I swear its always something. I was really looking forward to that. Ordering wire should not be this hard. I just feel like giving up

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
KBee sucks balls, they're a shitty company selling shit wire.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Probably so, I will start buying other brands when I get better at aliens, and Staples.

When my success rate goes up a bit. Lightning Vapes is supposedly worse.

Still tho, it sucks even more not having it to practice with.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it seems to be hit or miss. i have had some of the worst spooled high gauge i ever used from them, and some of the dirtiest, and i have also had the most perfectly spooled and cleaned wire i ever got from them too...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using them exclusively for the last couple months with no dirty wire. I have done a lot of high guaged building but the 36g I got last week has been fine so far. But like said it my be hit or miss with quality.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did they lose it, or did the USPS?
I got my sample pack from KBee, the higher gauges are dark and feel cruddy, but spooled nice. The lower guages (32 and down) are shiny. I'm going to Temco probably for larger spools of higher guage.

I feel ya on the lost package, man. At least it's lost in the USA though, I have an order lost in fricken China lol.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
KBee has gotten a better with their SS316L, but still pretty cruddy with Kanthal and Nichrome from my experiences. Lightning Vape has always been so bad that I stopped buying it even out of desperation, so, they could’ve gotten better (sure as hell couldn’t have gotten worse) but I wouldn’t know because I avoid that wire like the plague. Coil Society has good wire but I ran into some issues with the spooling on multiple spools of their 36ga SS316L and their 36ga Nichrome 80...a lot of over/under errors that jacked up my claptoning constantly. Master of Clouds has decent wire...I’m a TEMCo guy for sure, 100%. I’ve yet to have any dirty wire or poorly milled wire and it has always come off the spool smoothly with no catches...just sucks when they get backordered with their 26ga sometimes, but I suppose that’s the downside of being a good company selling a quality product...demand gets ahead of supply.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thank you all for you input I appreciate it so much.

I'm not buying from kb anymore but I'll say that the last spool sad to say but was only 50ft there is no day that 100ft spool was correct. Thought I'd try then again, the past wire I've got was great, I usually use TEMCo but there almost double the price.

I must make do with what I've got and what I can get because I'm waiting on my disability hearing. Oncd this is said and done things will look a little better and I can splurge once a month on much better wire but until then I gotta do what I gotta do. The lightning Vapes I had was really good too. Must have lucked out

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For under $5 for 30ft spool which will last over a year for basic coils of top quality wire like Kidney Puncher I really don't see wasting money on low quality wire. Also there are other vendors that source actual real Sandvik wire that is less expensive. The ones I use are

Temco
Atomizer Wick
Pure Atomist

Kidney Puncher and Atomizer Wick are my favorites though.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For under $5 for 30ft spool which will last over a year for basic coils of top quality wire like Kidney Puncher I really don't see wasting money on low quality wire. Also there are other vendors that source actual real Sandvik wire that is less expensive. The ones I use are

Temco
Atomizer Wick
Pure Atomist

Kidney Puncher and Atomizer Wick are my favorites though.

GOOD Stuff......:wave:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I can say that the wire I got from TEMCo has always been top notch.

I'll never buy lightningvapes again. The quality of kbee wire that I got had been fucking amazing. Straight up maybe I got lucky. I think there coming up. LV was alright, but did not look anything or taste anything near as good as kbee.

Kbee is cheap but from what I've gotten the quality is better than the prices reflect. It's 4 bucks. I'll say kp, and other brands I'll come to find out.

I almost got my alien technique down. Still struggling but I'll get it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can say that the wire I got from TEMCo has always been top notch.

I'll never buy lightningvapes again. The quality of kbee wire that I got had been fucking amazing. Straight up maybe I got lucky. I think there coming up. LV was alright, but did not look anything or taste anything near as good as kbee.

Kbee is cheap but from what I've gotten the quality is better than the prices reflect. It's 4 bucks. I'll say kp, and other brands I'll come to find out.

I almost got my alien technique down. Still struggling but I'll get it.

I did get some of the SS which was alright, not as good as the others I listed but cheap and worked for my practice wire. I then got a bunch of their Kanthal again for my practice wire, it was fucking filthy. I thought maybe bad batch so I contacted KBee (I bought directly from them) and the guy just basically told me to go pack sand, fuck'em. I ended up throwing the shit away

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I did get some of the SS which was alright, not as good as the others I listed but cheap and worked for my practice wire. I then got a bunch of their Kanthal again for my practice wire, it was fucking filthy. I thought maybe bad batch so I contacted KBee (I bought directly from them) and the guy just basically told me to go pack sand, fuck'em. I ended up throwing the shit away
Wow, what an asshole. Unfortunately the business treats us like licks, and money signs, not people who are passionate about a hobby.

I just waisted so much wire trying to get the freehand method to alien. Fuck that shit. It's pissing me off. I can make great fused Claptons. I know it's another step, it's just been difficult. I need to get some 24g Nichrome and some swivels. Mine come in March ugh. I'll probably break down and buy some local. Just don't have the cash ATM.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I bought a 1000ft spool, and on all honesty this wire is on another level better than lightningvapes.

I didn't realize it, lightningvapes doesn't color at all. Nothing. No color when you go to heat and pulse. And I think it's because of low ingredients while manufacturing.

Kbee colors like a mother fucker. And in my book mother fuckers color.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I bought a 1000ft spool, and on all honesty this wire is on another level better than lightningvapes.

I didn't realize it, lightningvapes doesn't color at all. Nothing. No color when you go to heat and pulse. And I think it's because of low ingredients while manufacturing.

Kbee colors like a mother fucker. And in my book mother fuckers color.

1k foot from KBee? Let us know if it is spooled well all the way through!

You're way ahead of me on wrap wire now, I haven't touched my 100ft spool of 36 awg in a week and a half because I realized how fast it goes, so I'm saving it

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I will never buy below 1000 again. Hopefully I can make a little money this week to get my ribbon. I've came so far from my first coil. It's been such a journey.

Meg your beyond my level but I'm catching up

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Spooled wonderful I've used maybe 250 with no problem

Edit.

It's good wire. I have been using it in Combo with master of cloud

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I will never buy below 1000 again. Hopefully I can make a little money this week to get my ribbon. I've came so far from my first coil. It's been such a journey.

Meg your beyond my level but I'm catching up

Naw dude, I just have killer luck. Rabbit in the Chinese zodiac, Irish luck and all that. I got lucky with what I made so far, but recreating it several times successfully hasn't happened yet

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I'm gonna order my wire from Coil Society next time around, 38 and 40 awg

I'm broke also, though.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
50 gauge nichrome!! Whoa. This looks good, a bit higher price than Coil Society, but if you swear the wire is always good might be worth it
-only up to 30awg SS right now though
My favorites are
Kidney Puncher for Kanthal (great for 316L)
Atomizer Wick for 317L SS which is my preferred SS
Pure Atomist and Temco then comes in

I've had my best luck with all of these and they're all real Sandvic which is the best. They've all lasted longer than the cheap crap and much, much cleaner. You really can tell the difference, especially after you do a few pulse/clean for the coils are in much better shape and hold up longer.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My favorites are
Kidney Puncher for Kanthal (great for 316L)
Atomizer Wick for 317L SS which is my preferred SS
Pure Atomist and Temco then comes in

I've had my best luck with all of these and they're all real Sandvic which is the best. They've all lasted longer than the cheap crap and much, much cleaner. You really can tell the difference, especially after you do a few pulse/clean for the coils are in much better shape and hold up longer.

Thanks man. I need to avoid Nichrome cause nickel really does a number on my throat, I might try using SS 317L for wrap wire though, for the purdy colors. It's also cheaper than high gauge kanthal seems like.
Thank you for the recommendations.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. I need to avoid Nichrome cause nickel really does a number on my throat, I might try using SS 317L for wrap wire though, for the purdy colors. It's also cheaper than high gauge kanthal seems like.
For 317L use Atomizer Wick, all their SS is 317L. I also have found that buying it from them on eBay you get better discounts. I really like 317L, for one it seems to hold up better and I prefer the it's resistance over 316L. I is only minute but it works better for me.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, NihChrome screws with my throat also, I stick with SS

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven’t tried SS317L, I’m curious if it still discolors like SS316L? With basic builds and parallel builds I never really noticed the discoloration, but fused Clapton’s and Aliens made purely out of SS316L for me turned this reddish/Copper color after just one day. I tried multiple brands of wire, different gauges, different cotton and juice and different atty’s and got the same result. Using N80 wrap with SS316L cores slowed the discoloration to about 3 days to turn rather than one...it was the only thing that veered me back into pure N80 builds. It never caused an issue with flavor or vape quality or anything like that...it was just off-putting that it changed (oxidized?) like that and I couldn’t find out why it did it.
59d9ef05fffcbf4010cb2f5559e75a0f.jpg

This is what it would look like freshly popped in and wicked and juices up
3dc983f01878de07abb4d192cda942d1.jpg

This is what it would look like at the end of one day

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I haven’t tried SS317L, I’m curious if it still discolors like SS316L? With basic builds and parallel builds I never really noticed the discoloration, but fused Clapton’s and Aliens made purely out of SS316L for me turned this reddish/Copper color after just one day. I tried multiple brands of wire, different gauges, different cotton and juice and different atty’s and got the same result. Using N80 wrap with SS316L cores slowed the discoloration to about 3 days to turn rather than one...it was the only thing that veered me back into pure N80 builds. It never caused an issue with flavor or vape quality or anything like that...it was just off-putting that it changed (oxidized?) like that and I couldn’t find out why it did it.
59d9ef05fffcbf4010cb2f5559e75a0f.jpg

This is what it would look like freshly popped in and wicked and juices up
3dc983f01878de07abb4d192cda942d1.jpg

This is what it would look like at the end of one day

That's better than the black chemical flavors I get from 316l.. I for some reason I can't stand the way it tastes after a day. Harsh as fuck and I darkroom flash it low dull red.

Kbee has been exceptionally great this time around. No complaints, I love it.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just chiming in that I had an ugly surprise with my 100ft 34awg spool, about 20 feet left and it was pretty mangled

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
250 Feet of wire used? That is either a shit load of coils or a hell of a lot of wasted wire.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
250 Feet of wire used? That is either a shit load of coils or a hell of a lot of wasted wire.
250ft of wrapping wire is not that much. But I can see where you're coming from. I got it down. I also really liked this kbee this time, it was very good quality... This time. And it was cheap. Since I'm where I want to be now I'll start spending on better wire when I'm able too. Mangled wire would piss me the fuck off.

Have a good one guys. Made my AA meeting today. Haven't been in over a week. Felt myself slipping away. Getting depressed and shit. I got into it with my group facilitator Friday and was asked to leave. Looks like I can't have my own opinion. This facilitator is a bitch. Know it all. Ugh

I'm going to apologize and be the bigger person. Wait, since I'm doing it to be the bigger person, is that still ok?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
250ft of wrapping wire is not that much. But I can see where you're coming from. I got it down. I also really liked this kbee this time, it was very good quality... This time. And it was cheap. Since I'm where I want to be now I'll start spending on better wire when I'm able too. Mangled wire would piss me the fuck off.

Have a good one guys. Made my AA meeting today. Haven't been in over a week. Felt myself slipping away. Getting depressed and shit. I got into it with my group facilitator Friday and was asked to leave. Looks like I can't have my own opinion. This facilitator is a bitch. Know it all. Ugh

I'm going to apologize and be the bigger person. Wait, since I'm doing it to be the bigger person, is that still ok?

The herd mentality, don't sweat it and do what you need to do to take care of yourself for that's what really matters. Sometimes you do have to be the bigger person and either bite your lip or cave in. Do this if this helps you to gain your goal and a lot of time it does make the other look like a complete idiot and moron ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess you assume I do not know how much wire is required to build coils. For some people 30 feet will last them a year if you read some of the posts.
For wrapping wire on average it's close to 100ft for around 10 inch of wire for dual coils. And the smaller the gauge even more ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ration is more like 8 to 1 not 100 to 1.
depends on the gauge of wrapping wire, example 44 gauge ;)

but yeah my math was off a bit, it's been a long day. Anyway I average a 10 to 1

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still at 10 to 1 ratio 100 feet of wrapping wire would make a 10 foot Clapton wire. First off you would need a machine like when I toured the D'addario factory years ago to make one that long.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Still at 10 to 1 ratio 100 feet of wrapping wire would make a 10 foot Clapton wire. First off you would need a machine like when I toured the D'addario factory years ago to make one that long.

What if you wrap more than one wire?

Why are you on this thread?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on the coil...my bread and butter build is a triple core 26/36 Alien...
edd28534a0a916658d41ee2adc32c261.jpg

Three 6 inch cores (26ga) and a little over 6 ft of wrap wire (36ga) gives me a 4 and a half inch stick of Alien wire which is good for 6 or 7 wraps around a 3mm precision screwdriver.
If I wanted a stick of Alien Wire that was a foot long, I’d be using close to 18ft of wrap wire.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I don't make 10 foot shots, I make around 8-10 inch shots.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I could make a 10ft section of fused Claptons if someone throttled the drill lol

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And there's no need to be stand offish dude. No one's insulting your intelligence stop taking it that way.

I fucked up quite a bit of wire but I'm happy with what I'm able to do and glad I don't just give up because of waisted wire. It sucks, but new things require practice.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
theres no such thing as wasted wire in regard to learning to build :cheers:

^^^^
The key to turning failure to victory is coming up with names.
I never failed...I just became proficient in making “Wavy-Spaced-Claptons with Intermittent Gaps of Various Size” Coils

But in all seriousness, this is very true. If a toddler trips and falls you don’t say they failed walking...you say that they are still learning to walk. Same concept as building coils...there is no failing...just trips and falls while learning.

VU Sponsors