Become a Patron!

Kayfun V4 problems

Hey Guys,

Just had a few questions. So i have jsut started building about a week or two ago. I have the Kayfun V4 on a hana V3 DNA 40. When I first received the kayfun, i throw a coil in it and wicked it with some five pawns castle long reserve. Everything was perfect. It was at about 1.8 ohms, and I was vaping at about 18 watts.

After that first build i have had nothing but problems. I realize i am new to this, so this past week i have built about 50 plus coils with all different size wicks. I am using KGD cotton. For some reason I continue to get dry hits after the dripped liquid has been vaped. I realize the first error I was doing was putting the coil like on the air hole. I did correct this and had luck for a day. I refilled the tank with different liquid, and rewicked it. Again back to the dry hits. Havent been able to correct what i am doing wrong. I do realize that after i make a coil with the juice flow wide opened, and put the tank back together, then add liquid with the juice flow turn off, that when i turn the juice flow back on most of the time i dont see those air bubbles come up.... which seems odd to me.

Last night i used my 28gauge kanthal A1 wire, about 8.5 wraps which read about 1.52 ohms. I heated it up and put it on the Hana which read it at 1.44 ohms. I dripped liquid on the cotton and coil. I did cut the wick a bit shorted then normal hoping the liquid would flow up easier. I was wrong. After vaping on it for a few minutes, it went dry. I took it apart and the wick wasnt wet at all. I beleive this could have been possible due to the wick being a little shorter.

Can anyone give me advice? I have watched many videos and this and for some reason i cant seem to get the juice to come up. I have been using my Atlantis with the CF battery. I just thought that going with a variable wattage box mod with a rebuildable would allow me to build any kind of coil i wanted and change the wattage to experiment... I didnt realize i would need everything exact or it wouldnt work at all..... Any tips or suggestions would be great! I would send a pic but im at work, i can latter though.

Thanks.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you absolutely certain you're turning the juice control the right way? What pg/vg ratio juice and what coil diameter?

Yea im 100% sure. When im holding down the bottom, or if i have it on the mod i turn it clockwise for opened. I was using looper which i beleive is 50/50. I also used Castle Long reserve which is 50/50 also. I used a 3/32 drill bit which is right inbetween 2.25-2.5mm in diameter.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I can think to do is take the thing completely apart, clean and inspect everything real well, make sure the wick is not too tight or too loose in the coil, let the wick just touch the deck and don't let it block the juice channels. Your coil diameter and juice ratio sound fine. Good luck.

VU Sponsors