VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm about to order the v4 clone tomorrow and wondering if anyone has had experience with it yet? Good? Bad? Shoot straight with me

I'm not really a dual coil RBA guy (just goes through juice way too quick) and wondering if I should maybe look into something else instead like the Taifun GT2 - ehhh decisions, decisions :)

I'm also picking up a Subtank too because I keep hearing good things about it.

I saw a couple reviews on the authentics but I like to hear honest opinions on any clone users out there

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
let me start off by saying I don't own one. For me personally, I wouldn't buy it. it just seems too complicated for doing a simple job as to get juice to a wick. to many moving parts. but then again, I haven't watched any videos on how it works. I mean what is the little spring for? lol maybe I'm just a simple guy.

but a side note, i really like the Aqua V2 except when you go wide open with the airflow there is a gap and looks weird to me so that's why I haven't bought one. but it does some with a screw you can block one air hole and you can fill the juice channels with cotton to run single coil and it comes with a dripper cap so you can just drip if you feel like it. I might buy one and close the AFC all the way down so there is no gap and just drill a hole where the air hole is. it looks cool with the clear cap polished out.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
let me start off by saying I don't own one. For me personally, I wouldn't buy it. it just seems too complicated for doing a simple job as to get juice to a wick. to many moving parts. but then again, I haven't watched any videos on how it works. I mean what is the little spring for? lol maybe I'm just a simple guy.

but a side note, i really like the Aqua V2 except when you go wide open with the airflow there is a gap and looks weird to me so that's why I haven't bought one. but it does some with a screw you can block one air hole and you can fill the juice channels with cotton to run single coil and it comes with a dripper cap so you can just drip if you feel like it. I might buy one and close the AFC all the way down so there is no gap and just drill a hole where the air hole is. it looks cool with the clear cap polished out.

That's one of the reasons I'm trying to find out more info.. it seems a lot more complicated than the previous version and almost looks like it was designed for dual coils this time around which I'm not a fan of.. and i haven't seen any actual reviews on the clones yet (might be time to search again when I get home since its been a week since I checked last)

I'm grabbing the new mini clouper 30w and I want a pretty atty to go on top.. I'm torn between the TFGT2, KFV4, Lemo Drop, Orchid V4 (dual coil is turning me off on this one though)

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, i would watch some boring ass youtube videos on the KF4. I had to do that for the Aqua V2 and actually liked it, except the fact that I'm limited to what drip tip I could use and that was the deal breaker for me. I have never really found a device that does everything i wanted. If i could remove a full tank from an orchid and work on the wicks and coils it would be the perfect device for me.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The clone is made very well.. I have the tebeco one.. am digging it. I was always a big expromizer fan but I am def digging this.. As for complicated.. it really isn't complicated at all.. just spend 5 mins with it and you will completely understand it.. Yes it is alot of parts but you will never be breaking it down that far.. I say go for it.. can't hurt.. the clones are so cheap and so well made..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The clone is made very well.. I have the tebeco one.. am digging it. I was always a big expromizer fan but I am def digging this.. As for complicated.. it really isn't complicated at all.. just spend 5 mins with it and you will completely understand it.. Yes it is alot of parts but you will never be breaking it down that far.. I say go for it.. can't hurt.. the clones are so cheap and so well made..

Very true.. the clone is like 25$ which I was VERY surprised to see.. I think this is another reason why I was hesitant.. that just seems really cheap for a new KF ... i mean even the KFL clones are still 20$ .. so it made me think they weren't built very good.. I'm not sure if the one I'm ordering is tobeco or not

Last edited:

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very true.. the clone is like 25$ which I was VERY surprised to see.. I think this is another reason why I was hesitant.. that just seems really cheap for a new KF ... i mean even the KFL clones are still 20$ .. so it made me think they weren't built very good.. I'm not sure if the one I'm ordering is tebecco or not

If you are not sure it is Tobeco then it isn't a Tobeco, The Tobeco clone comes in its own tobeco box and anyone selling it pretty much announce it is a tobeco.. you would know if you were getting it. I can't speak about the other clones but I have read great reviews on fasttech and their clones.. All I can tell you is my clone is top notch.. threading is super smooth and just feels like a quality product.. Had a little bit of machine oil on it but was able to remove it.. broke it all the way down to clean it.. it is alot of parts.. but now that I have been using it for a while I can tell you that you will never have to break it down unitl you want to give it a deep cleaning.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
also i have been vaping 85vg in this thing with no issues.. I also took the air screw all the way out and i am liking the vape.. vapes kinda like my expromizer.. Nice thick vapor.. I like that I can unscrew it like my expromizer and work on the deck. in fact it is even easier then the expromizer cause you don't have to unscrew the screw on the top shaft so you just on unscrew re-wick and your back in business..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are not sure it is Tobeco then it isn't a Tobeco, The Tobeco clone comes in its own tobeco box and anyone selling it pretty much announce it is a tobeco.. you would know if you were getting it. I can't speak about the other clones but I have read great reviews on fasttech and their clones.. All I can tell you is my clone is top notch.. threading is super smooth and just feels like a quality product.. Had a little bit of machine oil on it but was able to remove it.. broke it all the way down to clean it.. it is alot of parts.. but now that I have been using it for a while I can tell you that you will never have to break it down unitl you want to give it a deep cleaning.

I'm assuming its a random FT clone, which is fine for 25$.. i'm not too invested in it at that point. and one thing I need to remember is when I break it down to clean it..to remember how to put it back together lol..

but yea, that was the main reason why I always preferred the Taifun type RBA because constantly draining the KF's when something goes wrong is the biggest pain in the ass

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i got mine for just under $30 shipped from focal usa warehouse, expecting it pretty soon but what made me decide to pull the trigger is assuming there will be fixes to the height of the damn thing and i can drill it out up to 7/64th. for me it seemed from reviews the vape itself is just like a kayfun lite but a little more airflow so it was about features (since i love the kayfun vape)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they have an infinite brand KF4 for $26
thats pretty wild they listed the manufacturer like that. im thinking infinite started sourcing to a new manufacturer (when sxk went off on their own) and thats why they got their prices so competitive with places like tobeco

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mine has the ohm jumping problem. got another one coming today. will see how that one works

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want one but I am waiting it out. IMO because of the complexity of the design, the Kayfun v4 clones that are out now came to market way too quickly for them to be that good. I will wait until Infinite and EHPro release one and they have been put through the paces before making my decision.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want one but I am waiting it out. IMO because of the complexity of the design, the Kayfun v4 clones that are out now came to market way too quickly for them to be that good. I will wait until Infinite and EHPro release one and they have been put through the paces before making my decision.

That was plan at first.. but I decided to just give it a go when I saw the prices only being 25$ ... plus i'm down to only 1 working RBA so I need some new stuff..

I'm hitting my 2 year mark next month so i'm getting the clouper mini 30 watt, the mini istick for stealth vaping at work, the subtank, the KFV4 , batteries, and 250ml of dr crimmy's juice ... only spending about 200$ for all of it which isn't too bad

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i got mine for just under $30 shipped from focal usa warehouse, expecting it pretty soon but what made me decide to pull the trigger is assuming there will be fixes to the height of the damn thing and i can drill it out up to 7/64th. for me it seemed from reviews the vape itself is just like a kayfun lite but a little more airflow so it was about features (since i love the kayfun vape)

I like a tighter draw so I never minded the KFL draw but I agree.. having the option for more airflow is always welcome.. plus it looks so damn nice :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For a single coil RTA, I'm super-happy with my Erlkonigan clone.
It's not a lung-hitter atty, but it's so simple and easy to work with and holds a ton - about 7-8ml.

It has AFC, but only if you like a tighter draw. The AFC can be taken off too.
Love the top-fill cap...no leaks, no fuss.

About $15 at FT, a bit more at the other China sites and IDK how much stateside.
Make sure you get the one with the 510 adapter if you care about using your own DT's. ;)
The DT that comes with is threaded and secures the top. It's Delrin and quite nice actually.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im the same way but ive seen many debates of the fast tech clone (A) being the actual authentic bc they are so close. ive read through authentic fan boys try to nit pick the clones publicly for something wrong and they come up with nothing aside from things like "logo isnt exact" and ive read probably over 30-40 reviews on the tobeco all 5 stars

the cloners knew this would be a big test of their quality and everyone would get to know how they did so they put work behind it. anyway ill know first hand in a day or two

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as i understand the v4 is an improvement to v3 in terms of refilling and replacing coils, but not much in terms of flavor and vapor, so if you have a v3 or lite and you really like the vape you will also like v4, but if you're already past the kayfuns theres no reason to return.
Since the clone is so cheep, theres not much harm in buying it anyways.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For a single coil RTA, I'm super-happy with my Erlkonigan clone.
It's not a lung-hitter atty, but it's so simple and easy to work with and holds a ton - about 7-8ml.

It has AFC, but only if you like a tighter draw. The AFC can be taken off too.
Love the top-fill cap...no leaks, no fuss.

About $15 at FT, a bit more at the other China sites and IDK how much stateside.
Make sure you get the one with the 510 adapter if you care about using your own DT's. ;)
The DT that comes with is threaded and secures the top. It's Delrin and quite nice actually.

For me, the screw on DT is a turn off.. it almost looks like an old DCT tank more than a RBA.. but to each his own! and for 15$ you can't beat the price

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine is from FT. But, I have also seen talk from authentic owners having same problem

gotcha.. well the site I'm getting it from has a 30 day return warranty for any issues so hopefully I don't get one with that problem.. I prob won't get it until next week sometime but I'll deff post my results.

Have to wait until payday tomorrow to pull the trigger on the rest of this stuff but I'm going to grab the v4 and hope for the best

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me, the screw on DT is a turn off.. it almost looks like an old DCT tank more than a RBA.. but to each his own! and for 15$ you can't beat the price

Yeah, NP. I like function over form most of the time. =)
It's the only single coil RTA I have that isn't a Genisis, so just figged I'd mention it.

I have it on an old DrawTube v1 now, and enjoy the understated simplicity of it.

They have 'em in colors too. ;)

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ill post some close ups in here when i get mine tomorrow or Saturday

that would be awesome.. if you take pics of your build take one single coil before you dual coil it (if you can) would give me an idea of how to build it without having to search through a bunch of vid's. - if not no worries

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that would be awesome.. if you take pics of your build take one single coil before you dual coil it (if you can) would give me an idea of how to build it without having to search through a bunch of vid's. - if not no worries
not a problem ive always been a single coiler

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Svoemesto apparently says the k4 is designed to be a single coil device. You certainly can do duals, but the 4 screws are just to provide more mounting options and were not put there for the specific purpose of dual coils.

I got the Tobecco clone day before yesterday from ebay for $26 free shipping. Great quality, really quite simple and a GREAT vape. Easy to build single coil, couldn't see how to do a duel coil on that deck and have both coils over the air hole. But then, I'm still somewhat new at it. After seeing it, doing a build and using it next morning I ordered two more!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's one of the reasons I'm trying to find out more info.. it seems a lot more complicated than the previous version and almost looks like it was designed for dual coils this time around which I'm not a fan of.. and i haven't seen any actual reviews on the clones yet (might be time to search again when I get home since its been a week since I checked last)

I'm grabbing the new mini clouper 30w and I want a pretty atty to go on top.. I'm torn between the TFGT2, KFV4, Lemo Drop, Orchid V4 (dual coil is turning me off on this one though)

Pretty much in the same boat you are, with the plan to grab the mini clouper/Kayfun v4 for an out and about setup. Not a big fan of the orchid (Vox edition) either. Not that it was bad or anything, but for all the hype about it being a "step up" from the Kayfun, i personally found mine to be a step backwards from the Kayfun Black Edition v2 i went back to using. Granted i'm more a middle ground flavor/cloud vape type then somebody who's going to obsess over which gives off the bigger clouds.

Everything i've read review wise points to Tobecco being the current winner of the bunch, although the Infinite version FT put up today has me intrigued. After having a bad experience trying to save a few bucks ordering one directly from Artemus's website, i'll probably pull the trigger on the first either/or state side black version i see hit ebay in the $25 or less range. SS ones are already up for that though.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pretty much in the same boat you are, with the plan to grab the mini clouper/Kayfun v4 for an out and about setup. Not a big fan of the orchid (Vox edition) either. Not that it was bad or anything, but for all the hype about it being a "step up" from the Kayfun, i personally found mine to be a step backwards from the Kayfun Black Edition v2 i went back to using. Granted i'm more a middle ground flavor/cloud vape type then somebody who's going to obsess over which gives off the bigger clouds.

Everything i've read review wise points to Tobecco being the current winner of the bunch, although the Infinite version FT put up today has me intrigued. After having a bad experience trying to save a few bucks ordering one directly from Artemus's website, i'll probably pull the trigger on the first either/or state side black version i see hit ebay in the $25 or less range. SS ones are already up for that though.

So which one is the Infinite and which the Tobeco. That is one thing I do not like about FT. You never know who the manufacturer is. You have to try to go by reviews. And sometimes they are only assumptions about the manufacturer.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I just ordered the black and silver mini clouper but its coming from china.. i paid for expedited shipping so hopefully get it within a week or so.. kayfun4 and subtank should keep me busy for awhile.. can't friggin wait.. I've got shit for supplies right now and its very depressing

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the Tobecco clone day before yesterday from ebay for $26 free shipping. Great quality, really quite simple and a GREAT vape. Easy to build single coil, couldn't see how to do a duel coil on that deck and have both coils over the air hole. But then, I'm still somewhat new at it. After seeing it, doing a build and using it next morning I ordered two more!

thats a good deal.. depending on how the one works that I got - I'll probably pick up another one down the road.. I had 5 kayfuns at one time since it's my favorite setup so I'll be interested to see how these clones work out for me

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just got my k4 and ive got to say im very impressed. its soaking in some dawn soap water right now but ill get some pics and a build on it here in a minute. overall was much cleaner than i anticipated but just going through the motions

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just got my k4 and ive got to say im very impressed. its soaking in some dawn soap water right now but ill get some pics and a build on it here in a minute. overall was much cleaner than i anticipated but just going through the motions

I have hard that many people getting the v4 clones have to give them a major cleaning because they are covered in machine oil.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should give any atty a major cleaning when you get it regardless. Mine had manufacturing crud in it, but a hot bath in the Ultrasonic cleaner with a few drips of dish soap cleaned it up.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMG_0400.png IMG_0399.png IMG_0402.png IMG_0404.png IMG_0406.png

did just a standard 28g build. really impressed with the connections on the deck, most solid connection ive ever gotten. the vape is what i expected, gonna drill it out to 7/64th but still a great vape. quality is great no complaints at all

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Surprise surprise. I stopped by a brand new shop today and they had the EHPro Kayfun v4. Played around with it and it seems pretty good quality. Haven't seen these anywhere online yet.

66fb88cf792ba13ed989695216ccd06b.jpg

547e2d260f543c41078458ee0457c2e1.jpg

0a9bc259c7201662c419f8863fdf236b.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
gotta say despite the length of this thing im in love with the vape even stock airflow. definitely has a place in my vape stash, probably will buy a new center pin to drill it out

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What was the price of the ehpro k4?

This shop was asking $50. This is actually a brand new shop that is only doing a soft opening. Grand opening is next week. They have only been there a few days. I think I will go back and see if they will take $45. I'll pay a little extra over online prices to have it now and support a new business.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If online is around 45 and they want 50 I'd be ok with that personally. I paid 45 at a shop for an ehpro kayfun 3.1. If shop prices aren't too high, being able to personally inspect an item before purchasing is nice. No crappy machining surprises.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If online is around 45 and they want 50 I'd be ok with that personally. I paid 45 at a shop for an ehpro kayfun 3.1. If shop prices aren't too high, being able to personally inspect an item before purchasing is nice. No crappy machining surprises.

Good point. In comparison to other shops in the area it is pretty good. Others ask $60+ for an EHPro KFL+.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a Kayun V4 clone. It works well, the draw is a tad bigger (more open). The only thing that has merit is the juice shut off and the ability to work in your build without draining the tank, otherwise it's a kayfun vape.

I've had mine since Monday and using it all week. It's made by AMOD, was $29.99 with free shipping for anything over twenty five dollars at Codevape. They have dropped the price to $24.95 but at the new price you would pay shipping charges. Anyway after washing it down and putting a 2ohm coil on it I've been vaping on it at home on a Slug mod and a Fuhattan clone at work on breaks/lunch. IMO the flavor is a bit better than my other KFL clones. When I have it on my VTR I am not seeing the ohm jumping others have. The liquid control valve works well and doesn't bind up at all opening or closing. No leaks, easy to fill and for me the air flow adjustment isn't all that bad. I have it wide open and it stays there so not really a problem for me. Packaging was a duplicate of the Svoemesto boxing with parts break down/poster and user manual inside. Probably the only clone atty that I have purchased with a manual included to show you how to build on it and use it. They suggest not using anything lower than 1ohm on a coil. I have no interest in dual coils but it is easy to build on. I was kind of excited to see how it worked and stripped it down completely, cleaned it and basically threw a quick coil and wick on it and have used it all week. Needless to say I'm impressed with my purchase.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Soooo for those of you that have one. When wicking the v4 is it as crucial not to block the juice holes on the bottom of the deck as it was with blocking the channels on the earlier versions??? I just don't see how there is any way not to have the wick laying right on the holes. Which would lead to dry hits.

Also, and this is specifically for those that have tried the Lemo. How is the airflow on the v4 compared to the Lemo. For me the earlier KFL's are too tight and the Lemo I need to keep almost closed to get the airflow where I like. More open is way too much for me.

VU Sponsors