Become a Patron!

Kayfun V4 Authentic Problem

I have a Kayfun V4 real version and a Lemo Rta real version and every time I build a coil it's either hit or miss. Not sure what's causing the problem but I keep on getting dry hit's and the vapour production dose not seem that great. I have watched video tutorials on youtube of how to build a micro coil or a standard coil but I think I am having problems either with hot-legs or hot-spots. In my Kayfun I can see it wicking when the bubbles come up and even in the lemo but not as fast as the kayfun. Down below are my current build setups. I have a kuro-coiler tool as well and I can make perfect micro-coils but still it's either hit or miss. On my Kayfun I have to take long deep primer puffs and it's good to go for a while but then the dry hit's comes along. When I install my microcoil to my Kayfun It dose glow from the inside out and I do squeeze the coil with my ceramic tweezers but I still have dry hit's. Any help would be great. Thanks

Kayfun V4
========
E-Juice / 50/50 Tobacco Flavour Dekang
Awg Kanthal Wire / 28g
Ohms On Coil / 1.4ohms
Wicking / Organic Cotton
Size of Coil 2mm
====================================
Lemo Rta 2
=========
E-Juice / 50/50 Tobacco Flavour Dekang
Awg Kanthal Wire / 28g
Oh'ms On Coil / 1.3ohms
Wicking / Organic Cotton
Size of Coil 2mm
=====================================

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@paul1912015 ....Hi and welcome to VU :) While I don't have either of those tanks I do know something about Kayfuns...it sounds like if your coils are glowing properly that you're having wicking issues more than anything. Wicking can be a bitch to say the least to get right, it's just one of those touch and go things that when it clicks it clicks and until then it will drive you insane. Trust me I know. You want to watch youtube builds to get an idea of what length you want to trim your wicks to for best results and has for how much cotton there is a universal rule of thumb for all devices. You want just enough cotton so you can feel the ever so slightest tention pulling it threw the coil. If it slides threw too easily or tugs on the coil at all, especially if it tries to move the coil as you pull it through, you have too little or too much wick. Too much wick and the coil creates a "choke point" and the liquid can't feed properly causing dry hits and the cotton at the center of your coil to burn. Too little cotton and the cotton inside your atty can collapse under heat from instability causing it to not make proper contact with the coil again drying it out and burning in places. There are exceptions to this rule, but the the Kanger Subtank is the only one off the top of my head that comes to mind. With the Lemo you might have to experiment with how much length of the ends of the wicks go into the juice channels but not owning one someone else will come along and chime in or a youtube video should be able to sort that out.

I wish you the best of luck my friend and stay at it and don't get discouraged, once you nail it you won't understand why you ever had problems before :)

VU Sponsors