Become a Patron!

Kayfun/Russian/ Orchid Quartz Tank Kit Deal.

I've got one of those and I'm scared of it. The only thing that holds the kayfun together after installing is the slight pressure of those O-ring seals. The setup looks great but feels like it would come aprt very easy spilling juice everywhere.

I found a company that makes a threaded chimney and top cap that would hold everything together but they want something like $65 for it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I've got one of those and I'm scared of it. The only thing that holds the kayfun together after installing is the slight pressure of those O-ring seals. The setup looks great but feels like it would come aprt very easy spilling juice everywhere.

I found a company that makes a threaded chimney and top cap that would hold everything together but they want something like $65 for it.

You would be surprised by just how well those o-rings along with vacuum will hold that thing together.

As I write this I am vaping using a quartz tank on my Kayfun which is on top of a Dovpo E-MECH which has a very well built aluminum body and holds 2 X 18650 batteries. And I can lift the whole thing up by the drip tip and nothing moves. Not that I carry my mods by the drip tip but it can be done.

But hey, if you don't want it, you can send it to me:D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I agree with Uncle on this. Notice when you break down a Kay or an Orchid that it's close to impossible to break the threads at the bottom of the tank? It's the surprising amount of vacuum that is created when suction meets high heat.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I agree with Uncle on this. Notice when you break down a Kay or an Orchid that it's close to impossible to break the threads at the bottom of the tank? It's the surprising amount of vacuum that is created when suction meets high heat.

Good point! And even though I just tighten the top cap finger tight, it takes more effort to remove it due to the pressure difference.

You would be surprised by just how well those o-rings along with vacuum will hold that thing together.

As I write this I am vaping using a quartz tank on my Kayfun which is on top of a Dovpo E-MECH which has a very well built aluminum body and holds 2 X 18650 batteries. And I can lift the whole thing up by the drip tip and nothing moves. Not that I carry my mods by the drip tip but it can be done.

But hey, if you don't want it, you can send it to me:D

I might need to give it another try.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just remember to grip the top cap and not the tank or bottom bit when removing your drip tip.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just remember to grip the top cap and not the tank or bottom bit when removing your drip tip.

More good points. And make sure you are gripping the base and not the tank when removing it from your mod for filling as well!

VU Sponsors