Become a Patron!

kayfun and similar

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
so I just got a kayfun (clone) and love it a lot.. I am going to be ordering a few more, but just wanted to make sure there were not other similar setups I should be looking at before I pull the trigger?

this is being run on a hana clone.. and is my first rebuildable tank..

thanks

Last edited:

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so I just got a kayfun (clone) and love it a lot.. I am going to be ordering a few more, but just wanted to make sure there were not other similar setups I should be looking at before I pull the trigger?

this is being run on a hana clone.. and is my first rebuildable tank..

thanks
I like taifun too.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like anything that ends with fun!

Having said that, i've heard that the Russian and the Squape is supposed to be even better than the Kayfun. And the Kayfun Black Edition is supposed to be really good too.

draghon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
U might also want to ch check out the fogger 4.1, and orchid. ATM i have the Kayfun 3.1[black] with some modifications [see cloud 50 at youtube, followed his video on modding my kayfun and loving it]. Great device but i end up going through juice like crazy =P. Awesome flavour, good vapor production.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Ileaf Lemo is like the kayfun but has adjustable air holes (4 to be exact)
It blows the Kayfun out of the water due to the air holes and also the chimney if wider.
If I didnt vape one, I would never have believed it. Its the closest thing to a dripper that I have ever vaped.
A friend runs his with dual coils at .5 ohms and it is really something. ( He is a certifired Mech lover/user........he turned me on to the Lemo)

Something to think about anyway for your next purchase. ( you cant go wrong with the Kayfun... congrats)

Here it is... http://www.eleafworld.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148
can buy it here...

Reactions: jae

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
The Ileaf Lemo is like the kayfun but has adjustable air holes (4 to be exact)
It blows the Kayfun out of the water due to the air holes and also the chimney if wider.
If I didnt vape one, I would never have believed it. Its the closest thing to a dripper that I have ever vaped.
A friend runs his with dual coils at .5 ohms and it is really something. ( He is a certifired Mech lover/user........he turned me on to the Lemo)

Something to think about anyway for your next purchase. ( you cant go wrong with the Kayfun... congrats)

Here it is... http://www.eleafworld.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148
can buy it here...

I m VERY new to coil building.. I have made one to be exact.. LOL so the thought of dual coil is intimidating.. could I run a single coild? the mod is a hana clone..

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can definitely run it in single coil (in fact it is much easier). The lemo would be the way i would go, it gives you a nice size build deck, good juice capacity and a glass tank so you can use your tank cracker juices (citrus/cinnamon/some apples & bananas/etc)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Build you a nice 1 ohm coil on your Kayfun and let her rip. !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I didn't lose the top chimney piece to my Taifun GT - that's all I would be using.. I didn't even touch my Kayfuns after I got the TF.. its a tighter draw but flavor is better and its much more forgiving with the build/wicking

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I didn't lose the top chimney piece to my Taifun GT - that's all I would be using.. I didn't even tough my Kayfuns after I got the TF.. its a tighter draw but flavor is better and its much more forgiving with the build/wicking
True. The Taifuns are a bit tastier and are easier to replace cotton in. And true , the air draw sucks ( to me)

You can take out that air tube from the top and it's a little better.

Good topper

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True. The Taifuns are a bit tastier and are easier to replace cotton in. And true , the air draw sucks ( to me)

Good topper

The best part is that you don't need to empty the tank to rewick.. that right there is a game changer for me..

nothing worse than the KF build messing up or not wicking correctly after 20 min of use and needing to drain the whole thing again.. wasting juice in the process.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Good topper

Any recommendation for a good Taifun build video?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I haven't seen one myself. I just figured it out back when I got mine. I'm sure they are out there though.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Expromizer.. it is a taifun and kayfun combined.. Uses the kayfun deck but bigger so no more dry hits.. But unscrews to refill so you can mess with your build without emptying all the juice. Also has adjustable air control via Ring.. I have the Kayfun, Taifun, and expromizer and will soon have the fogger 5.0. The taifun and expromizer are easily my favorite just cause I don't have to empty the juice to mess with my build.. plus the kayfun small deck makes it hard to use high vg juice.. but to be fair the taifun can be temperamental.. if you don't build it just right it will leak. the expromizer is easily the most stable out of all of them. Hard to mess up a build on the expromizer but damn does it have alot of pieces to put together.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the Expromizer.. it is a taifun and kayfun combined.. Uses the kayfun deck but bigger so no more dry hits.. But unscrews to refill so you can mess with your build without emptying all the juice. Also has adjustable air control via Ring.. I have the Kayfun, Taifun, and expromizer and will soon have the fogger 5.0. The taifun and expromizer are easily my favorite just cause I don't have to empty the juice to mess with my build.. plus the kayfun small deck makes it hard to use high vg juice.. but to be fair the taifun can be temperamental.. if you don't build it just right it will leak. the expromizer is easily the most stable out of all of them. Hard to mess up a build on the expromizer but damn does it have alot of pieces to put together.

never even heard of the expro - but I just looked it up and it looks great! seems to be hard to get though.. only one I found in stock on ebay was from the UK.. will probably wait another month or 2 and wait for some other vendors to pick them up

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The description on the Ileaf is hilarious...
The steel material and glass atomizer tube must impress you a lot. The highlight of Lemo atomizer lies on its rebuildable heating coil and the adjusting air inlet which bring the e-cigarette fans much fun.

Jah, that tool is brilliant!

OP, the kayfun is a great atty to get started with. I have the ehpro lite plus v2 but it has been shelved since the orchid came out. You can run the orchid with single coil and when you're ready grow into building dual coils.

If you already have a kayfun, I would pick up another style if I were you. They are all about the same. Choose lemo or taifun or erlkonigin whatever floats your boat.
http://www.gvapers.com/collections/rebuildable-atomizers/products/erlkonigin

The more you build the better you get and no matter how good the atty is or how much others rave about it... it's performance is in your hands... your ability to build a good coil, match the coil to your wattage (or match the wattage to the coil if you run a regulated mod), proper wicking.

Last edited:

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
never even heard of the expro - but I just looked it up and it looks great! seems to be hard to get though.. only one I found in stock on ebay was from the UK.. will probably wait another month or 2 and wait for some other vendors to pick them up

I bought mine from the company that makes them exvape.de.. Cost 63 dollars shipped and only took two weeks to get.. Was a lot faster then I expected. Some US companies have the older v1.1 but charge like 75 bucks for them.. Look around everyone ups the price on them. you are better off buying them from exvape and getting the latest version of v1.2 and paying less money. It is a sharp looking atty and hits great.. never leaks and if it does it has a bottom piece that catches all the juice.. thought it isn't easy to take the bottom part off.. the only thing i hate about it is the bottom part. But it totally out performs my kayfun.. It is on par with my taifun but beats the taifun in taste.. it is really the best of both worlds

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a KFL, KFL+V2, and two v3 blacks with two more on the way. Artemus custom designs is running a fall sale with all kayfun blacks for 29.99, and I bought 2, then 2 more are on the way. He has a thread in the sales section I believe, and just posted a coupon code for an extra 10% off. I think it's OCT10. I highly recommend the blacks, the adjustable 510 pin is a tad too adjustable, but a gasket solves that. It's kinda the best of all the Kayfuns combined, and the price is great. Sale ends when stock runs out. That is what I'd get. I've been extremely pleased, I did buy 4 after all.

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
1.1 ohms
16 W

my first setup is done and it went VERY well without ANY issues!! also really happy with the vaping... this is running MUCH better than the .7 ohms that the shop setup for me..

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great job vlad! I've found the KF family of RTA's work best right around 1 ohm, so you're definitely in the sweet spot!

I reamed out the channels on both of my Black Edition (v1) clones today so I can run my 80% VG blends in them. They now outperform both of my original SvoeMesto KFL's at that ratio. Now I can leave my dripper at home!

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
Great job vlad! I've found the KF family of RTA's work best right around 1 ohm, so you're definitely in the sweet spot!

I reamed out the channels on both of my Black Edition (v1) clones today so I can run my 80% VG blends in them. They now outperform both of my original SvoeMesto KFL's at that ratio. Now I can leave my dripper at home!

the progression is really funny.. I had some xjets.. and I thought.. wow these are way better than the starter tanks.. then came the aerotank mega.. and I was like.. amazing.. these are great.. but then I finally understood the weak link.. and that is the coil.. the small coils.. and small overall area inside the coil.. and mass production just is a recipe for being let down.. they were all fine in the moment.. but after building this thing.. and tasting this thing.. I can honestly say I am really gaining an appreciation for the flavor a juice can have.. building your own coil is definitely the way to go.. the difference is night and day!!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When I set up my first Orchid, I pif'd the 5 Kayfun Lite+'s that I had....simply no comparison whatsoever, but I'd hold out for the Orchid 4 clone.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The only problem with vaping single coil on the Orchid is that it tends to vape more to one side, depending on how you are holding it.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, yes... and therein lies the addictive nature of vaping as it relates to gear acquisition. Once you realize how much better your vape can get, you figure it's bound to keep getting better. So you keep on buying the latest and greatest. Thankfully I've reached a point of diminishing returns where I feel like my Kayfuns are giving me exactly what I want and I don't need to keep spending money.

And along comes franciscan WHILE I'm typing this and reminds me that I still want to try the Orchid... and the Rose... and....

:D

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
y-u-no-meme-00061.jpg

VU Sponsors