Become a Patron!

Kangertech SUPO Pod Starter Kit 800mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Supo Pod Starter Kit from Kangertech. The Supo Pod Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Will from Kangertech.

https://www.kangertech.com/supo-kit

Introduction

Kangertech need no introduction being one of the pioneers of bringing affordable vaping products from China that performed as vapers wanted then to and along with Aspire and Innokin are probably more responsible than other manufacturers for people quitting smoking and switching to Vaping. Kangertech did have a very quiet period but now that just seems a taking a step back and re-accessing period as i notice some rather nice devices have been released of late and here we have their latest pod system. The Supo features both MTL and DL vaping with not just the same device but also the same pod making this quite interesting to have a look at, so let's do that!

In The Box

Contents:

1x SUPO Device
1x SUPO Refillable Pod
1x Charging cable
1x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Supo comes in quite standard cardboard packaging and on opening i noticed it had a high quality textured finish and was made from a metal material which turns out to be aluminium alloy. I received the Black version, it's also available in Red, Blue and Gray. The main battery section is an elongated rectangular shape, light and about average size for a pod device so quite stealthy and very pocket friendly. Out the top the solid Black mouthpiece of the pod sits which is a comfortable looking shape. Towards the top on the front of the device we have a large physical airflow switch which moves horizontally, below is a LED indication light. The back of the device has "SUPO" printed towards the top and Kangertech branding at the bottom. On the base of the device we have the contacts for the proprietary USB cable.

Supo Specs and Features:

SUPO Device Specs:

Battery Size: 27 x 12 x 87mm
Battery Capacity: Built-in 800mAh
Output: Full Power Output
Standby Current: <100uA
Charging: Dedicated Charging Cable, DC 5V/1000mA
Puff: 450 Puffs after Every Charge

SUPO Pod Specs:

Size: 27 x 12 x 33mm
Capacity: 2ml
Coil: Ceramic
Resistance: 0.6ohm for DL; 1.0ohm for MTL

Features:

Slim and durable AIO pod kit
800mAh Rechargeable battery & 2ml refillable pod
Solid aluminium alloy shell and advanced surface treatment
Unique MTL/DL switch button with dual power modes
Ceramic coil-0.6ohm for DL and 1.0ohm for MTL
Easy side filling design
Colours: Red, Blue, Black, Gray

The Pod

When i first saw details of the Supo i did assume their was both a MTL and DL pod for the device and also noticed it only comes with 1 pod. I did expect to be doing a section about what's the point of releasing a device heavily marketed about it having both MTL and DL airflow and two different resistance coils but then only including one pod (although in my opinion 2 pods should be included with every pod device). Some innovation on show here as what i didn't realise is inside the coil head casing we have both a MTL and DL coil stacked and as the airflow is switched so is which coil heats up. The resistance of the 2 coils inside the casing is a 1.0ohm MTL coil and a 0.6 DL coil both with ceramic wicking. The pod has a solid Black mouth section and a slightly tinted tank section which allows you to clearly see both the coils housing and your e-liquid level. On one side of the pod we have a sturdy rubber bung which i found very easy to remove and stays attached to the pod so it will not get lost. With bung removed a very large filling port is revealed (a big pro, it's far bigger than we see on most pods), and after filling the bung plugs quite deep giving a very good seal, the pod holds 2ml of e-liquid. Looking at the bottom of the pod we have a large opening central that leads to the membrane switch in the device and to one side the usual 2 contacts. To the other side we have what appears to be a third contact of some kind which i expect is to do with switching which coil is activated.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the device we can see two contacts to one side and a third contact to the other, centrally we have the opening to the membrane switch. The pod has to be inserted the correct way so all the contacts line up and is just press fitted into place. Despite just being press fitted the whole of the tank section goes inside the device and it's a tight fit so we have no movement whatsoever. I have removed and re-fitted the pod over and over to make sure over time the fitting does not loosen as the pod needs removing quite a lot during use (read on), it's just as tight as when i first received the device.

Using The Device

The Supo is a draw activated device and has no physical button to turn the device on and off so you simply take a draw to vape. The device does have 2 airflow options and 2 different resistance coils within the same pod. Sliding the airflow switch to the right gives one airflow hole and activates the 1.0ohm MTL coil, sliding the switch to the left gives 4 airflow holes and activates the 0.6ohm DL coil, when changing between vaping styles the LED flashes twice to confirm. The device also has battery status indication which is indicated by what colour the LED lights while taking a vape. When the LED lights White the battery is between 66% and 100%, when it lights Blue it's between 31% and 65% and when it lights Red the battery life is below 30%. As you would expect the Supo also has safety protections which are indicated by various flashes of the LED.

Protections

Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Overcharging Protection
Overuse Protection
High Temperature Protection

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Charging the Supo

The Supo is charged via the proprietary USB cable which i am not in favour of as if you lose the cable or for some reason it just stops working you have no way of charging the device. The 800mAh battery charges in about an hour which is really good and indication of the charging progress is given. When the LED is Red the battery is between 3.2v and 3.6v, when it's Blue it's between 3.6v and 4.1v and when the battery is fully charged it goes White.

My Experience Using The Supo

I liked this device a lot and switching between vaping modes works flawlessly and the membrane switch is very responsive. when set to MTL the draw is quite tight but not over tight pretty much mimicking the draw you would get from a cigarette. When switching to DL the draw is much looser and you can feel the increased power of the vape as well as an increase in cloud production, the draw is restricted but definitely a comfortable DL draw can be taken, i also found in this mode it was possible to do a very airy MTL draw so plenty of versatility. The device would of been better as a constant output device rather than direct output but it's only really when the DL 0.6ohm coil is activated you really notice any decrease in power and then only towards the end of the batteries life. The flavour from the pod to be fair is average and not as good as you get from devices like the EQ and the Zero but it's not bad at all. I also have been using the device a while when out and about putting off doing the review to see how the pod lasts and what flavour the pod initially was giving after a short break in period is still all their and i have lost count how many times i have refilled the pod. The device does have cons though, as mentioned drop of with the 0.6ohm coil and the main con is the only way of checking your e-juice level in the pod is by removing it from the device as only the solid Black mouthpiece protrudes from the battery section. I also don't like the fact it uses a proprietary USB charging cable but other than that it's a good device. The 800mAh battery gave really good life and charging was done within an hour.

Well made device
4 colour options
Pocket friendly
Innovation
MTL & DL coils within the same pod
Good size fill port
Pod gives good life
No movement with pod when attached to device
Switch instantly between MTL and DL
Very airy MTL draw also possible in DL mode
Cigarette like MTL draw
Different airflow to suit each coil
E-liquid can be clearly seen inside the pod (but need to remove from device)
Battery status indication
Charging indication
Charges within an hour
800mAh battery capacity
Responsive membrane switch
Not bad flavour (flavour is good but you can get better)
Multiple protections

Cons

Need to remove pod to see juice level
Proprietary USB charging cable
Direct output (noticeable drop off towards end of battery life when DL coil activated)
Only one pod included

I would once again like to thank Will from Kangertech for supplying the Supo Pod Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.kangertech.com/supo-kit

VU Sponsors