Become a Patron!

Kangertech dripbox 160 juice sparking !!

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just bought 2 dripbox 160, both have same problem, out of the box, i putt batteries on and liquid in the squishy thing, moist the rda with liquid but when i try to smoke it the e liquid sparks like fireworks. did i do anything wrong?

i made a video

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
just bought 2 dripbox 160, both have same problem, out of the box, i putt batteries on and liquid in the squishy thing, moist the rda with liquid but when i try to smoke it the e liquid sparks like fireworks. did i do anything wrong?

i made a video
too much liquid. If your wick is oversaturdated it leads to the coil flooding. then the coils are burning juice off of them instead of off the cotton. it's not a big deal actually but think hot oil on a stove popping off. you can dry the coil with a paper towel (while it's cool not hot!) then start vaping and it should be fine. If it keeps doing it, you need more wattage

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
too much liquid. If your wick is oversaturdated it leads to the coil flooding. then the coils are burning juice off of them instead of off the cotton. it's not a big deal actually but think hot oil on a stove popping off. you can dry the coil with a paper towel (while it's cool not hot!) then start vaping and it should be fine. If it keeps doing it, you need more wattage

Tried what you said, there is less sparking but burning taste. when i push liquid up, same problem. is it normal that the subdrip gets so hot so quick ?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Tried what you said, there is less sparking but burning taste. when i push liquid up, same problem. is it normal that the subdrip gets so hot so quick ?
well spitback and flooding is pretty common for squonking. It's one of the reasons I'm not personally a fan of it. It's pretty much always gonna spit at you.

with that said, you shouldn't have a burnt taste. sounds like a hot spot in your build.

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well spitback and flooding is pretty common for squonking. It's one of the reasons I'm not personally a fan of it. It's pretty much always gonna spit at you.

with that said, you shouldn't have a burnt taste. sounds like a hot spot in your build.
Can you recommend a replacement ? i am not a heavy smoker, i like big fog kinda like a hookah

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can you recommend a replacement ? i am not a heavy smoker, i like big fog kinda like a hookah
It really depends what you want. is the dripbox 160 your first vape? why did you pick a sqounker? whats your budget? do you want to build coils or buy premade ones?

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes first vape, I used an eleaf before, but didn't like it. I bought this because it had good reviews but frankly it gets so hot and sparking etc. I am looking for premade coils. my budget is around $100 for 2 devices. I used vaporbeast to buy these if you can find me something there, it would be awesome.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes first vape, I used an eleaf before, but didn't like it. I bought this because it had good reviews but frankly it gets so hot and sparking etc. I am looking for premade coils. my budget is around $100 for 2 devices. I used vaporbeast to buy these if you can find me something there, it would be awesome.
so you want 2 tanks and 2 mods for under 100 bucks? both with premade coils that take dual 18650 i assume?

also real quick what batteries did you get? only use sony, samsung, or LG. never any efest or "vaping" batteries and buy from a good site like illumn.com liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com never ebay or amazon

For premade coils the best tank out there by far is the smok TFV8 .
a few midrange options are an aspire clieto, Smok big baby beast, Smok baby beast, horizon arctic V12 (apparently i have one on the way but some say it's close to the TFV8 but not as good)

For mods
the G2 is one of the best and goes for 45 bucks still with coupon code G2FLASHx1 on vaporcube.com
The smok alien is a solid mod found around 50 bucks
I really like the Smoant Battlestar so far, i got it a week ago for 31 bucks form china. should be able to find for around 40 from US seller. But I haven't used it long enough to fully say it's awesome or not
the smok H-priv is nice and around 40 bucks
Stay away from the Sigelei/wismec/joyetech/eleaf/kanger/aspire mods. kanger/aspire/eleaf are more for beginners vaping less then 100 watts and joyetech/wismec/sigelei are just poor quality. especially the RX200-200s-2/3, fuchai 213, IPV 6 and IPV8 (but the IPV5 is actually a solid device and can be found around 40 bucks.

use vapecrawler.com to price check items.

I'll also tag @mjag @Deucesjack and @Paratech in case i missed anything

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so you want 2 tanks and 2 mods for under 100 bucks? both with premade coils that take dual 18650 i assume?

also real quick what batteries did you get? only use sony, samsung, or LG. never any efest or "vaping" batteries and buy from a good site like illumn.com liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com never ebay or amazon

For premade coils the best tank out there by far is the smok TFV8 .
a few midrange options are an aspire clieto, Smok big baby beast, Smok baby beast, horizon arctic V12 (apparently i have one on the way but some say it's close to the TFV8 but not as good)

For mods
the G2 is one of the best and goes for 45 bucks still with coupon code G2FLASHx1 on vaporcube.com
The smok alien is a solid mod found around 50 bucks
I really like the Smoant Battlestar so far, i got it a week ago for 31 bucks form china. should be able to find for around 40 from US seller. But I haven't used it long enough to fully say it's awesome or not
the smok H-priv is nice and around 40 bucks
Stay away from the Sigelei/wismec/joyetech/eleaf/kanger/aspire mods. kanger/aspire/eleaf are more for beginners vaping less then 100 watts and joyetech/wismec/sigelei are just poor quality. especially the RX200-200s-2/3, fuchai 213, IPV 6 and IPV8 (but the IPV5 is actually a solid device and can be found around 40 bucks.

use vapecrawler.com to price check items.

I'll also tag @mjag @Deucesjack and @Paratech in case i missed anything
Lol, we have our own version of vapecrawler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use 18650 3000mAH EBL, it had good reviews on Amazon. i am gonna call vaporbeast and see what they can do about a return. You have been a great help @SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i use 18650 3000mAH EBL, it had good reviews on Amazon. i am gonna call vaporbeast and see what they can do about a return. You have been a great help @SirRichardRear
Those batteries are no good. Don't listen to amazon reviews. The people there don't know any better. Listen to moochs battery blog

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear which version of the smok TFV8 is good ? big baby ? beast ? ...
all are good. but the one with the best flavor and clouds is the TFV8 cloud beast. the "kit" version includes and RBA deck. the best coils are the TF-T10 coils but really all the coils work well

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i putt batteries on and liquid in the squishy thing
As soon as I read THAT line, I knew the discussion would turn to premade coils.
That isn't a bad thing, it just let me know you're a beginner.
I have a few questions.
1. Are you converting from smoking or just getting into vaping because you think it is something you'll enjoy?
I ask this because if you were not a smoker, stay away from nicotine in any of your juice.
There is no need to start using something that you don't need.
Additionally, nicotine with add a throat hit (TH) that you won't be used to.
Plus high nicotine in high output tanks will be a bad thing for you.
(can cause temporary nic sickness and make you dislike using your new equipment)
2. You say you like big fog;
Are you after strictly the vapor production or do you want massive flavor?

Getting TWO mods and tanks for $100 will be difficult.
(The links I am including are for reference)
Based simply on the info that was posted by time I started typing I'd recommend the following:
Smok Alien KIT
http://cheapvaping.deals/smok-alien-220w-kit-w-tfv8-baby-tank-42-99
Smok H-Priv KIT
http://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/105...oktech+h-priv+box+mod&results=23#.WFGozsszU0Q

Either or both of those will provide you with both the mod and the tank and odds are they will be within your liking.
For more massive cloud production, the Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast would be one that'd fit.
http://cheapvaping.deals/smok-tfv8-cloud-beast-tank-27-00
Or maybe the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast
http://cheapvaping.deals/smok-tfv8-baby-beast
Or maybe a Smok TFV8 Big Baby Beast
http://cheapvaping.deals/smok-tfv8-big-baby-tank-26-92
Myself, I like the TFV4 Micro
http://cheapvaping.deals/smok-micro-tfv4-sub-ohm-tank

Definitely stick with Sony, Samsung, or LG batteries
You can find MANY places to purchase from.
Here is a link it vendors that ship from the USA:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vendors-that-ship-from-usa.266680/
Read some here:
http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/transitioning-to-vaping-from-smoking.27/
and here:
http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/for-the-new-and-inexperenced-vapor.16/

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Paratech thx for the reply. Yes i am switching from cigarettes, I'm a big hookah fan so i would love something strong in flavor and fog. Smok alien looks like a good deal, too bad i am stuck with vaporbeast.com at the moment which they sell for a much higher price. question with the kangertech 160 is i have been watching youtube reviews and tutorials and none of what i've seen does the same sparking like i have. Is it a defect ? Plus the subdrip cover and drip tip gets hot almost instantly.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@Paratech thx for the reply. Yes i am switching from cigarettes, I'm a big hookah fan so i would love something strong in flavor and fog. Smok alien looks like a good deal, too bad i am stuck with vaporbeast.com at the moment which they sell for a much higher price. question with the kangertech 160 is i have been watching youtube reviews and tutorials and none of what i've seen does the same sparking like i have. Is it a defect ? Plus the subdrip cover and drip tip gets hot almost instantly.
the issue is a lot of you tubers just say every product is perfect so they keep getting free shit. the popping is pretty normal for sqounking. a beginner squonk kit sounds like an oxymoron kangertech lol

best thing for a beginner is a basic watt mod and a tank with premade coils.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are after a mod with less functions to learn and just want to vape (I know someone that'll disagree with this) you could try a Eleaf Istick TC100.
It is very durable and just works.
Has a firebar kind of like the H-Priv.
But if you get this, you'll upgrade it to an Alien or something later once you get more experience.
Why do you HAVE to buy from vaporbeast?
The link I provided has MANY other vendors.
99% that do not require you to send a photo copy of your ID.
Some that'll allow you to sign at delivery for proof of age.
Some that have better prices.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the issue is a lot of you tubers just say every product is perfect so they keep getting free shit. the popping is pretty normal for sqounking. a beginner squonk kit sounds like an oxymoron kangertech lol
best thing for a beginner is a basic watt mod and a tank with premade coils.
+1 on ALL of that.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are after a mod with less functions to learn and just want to vape (I know someone that'll disagree with this) you could try a Eleaf Istick TC100.
But if you get this, you'll upgrade it to an Alien or something later once you get more experience.
This is the mod I use while mowing.
It sets in the cup holder getting bounced around and still just works.
It was once knocked out of my hands and bounced down a set of concrete stairs.
I picked it up, put the two battery covers back and fired it up with no issues.
Well, other than having to replace the tank. glass doesn't like concrete.

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Paratech stuck with them because i have to ship everything back and their customer service is not even picking up the phone lol. Alien looks good for that price

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nothing wrong with an Istick but it won't power a tfv8 very well

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Happy holidays everyone. @SirRichardRear just got my smok alien today and my ebl batteries don't fit, the encloser is to tight to to push and slide the battery cover. is that normal? should i force it ?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Happy holidays everyone. @SirRichardRear just got my smok alien today and my ebl batteries don't fit, the encloser is to tight to to push and slide the battery cover. is that normal? should i force it ?
What's ebl batteries?
And the batteries are on Springs you have to push and slide and it won't be too tight

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
EBL 18650 Battery Lithium-ion 3000mAh 3.7V Low Self Discharge Rechargeable Batteries

Attachments

• IMG_20161224_134949.jpg
    IMG_20161224_134949.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 10

anasrocks

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@SirRichardRear can you link me a report about their safety, so i could return them? and can you please suggest something you used before and liked? Thank you

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear can you link me a report about their safety, so i could return them? and can you please suggest something you used before and liked? Thank you
e2767aa96f7b4bd5adda63400e32cf1f.jpg

That chart has the best batts and sites u should buy from. Never get batteries from amazon or ebay. And never buy a rewrap. Only buy Sony samsung or LG. I use mostly samsung 30q in my alien but if u plan on Vaping over 150 watts you might want to go with the Sony vtc5a

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you use single coils, not twisted or the like, you won't get juice popping like in the video.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear any thoughts about this charger
Efest Luc V6 6-Bay Charger ?
Yeah screw efest lol. Their chargers are fine but it's a shit company so unless it's dirt cheap just go with nitecore. If u wanted to spend a little more for a better charger. Get an xtar

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving this to VV area as the title states even though topic is now on batteries, and thanks to our members for helping out the OP with GREAT advice:blowkiss:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three of the Efest LUC Blu6 chargers, two Nitecore D4, and two Xtar VC4.
Each of them work great.
Due to the ease of battery removal I choose to use the Efest most often.
The Xtar is the most difficult to remove the batteries and the sliders on the Nitecore start dragging after about a year.
All three options are good.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's ebl batteries?
And the batteries are on Springs you have to push and slide and it won't be too tight

Those batteries are button top batteries. Only used in flashlights and some Provari mods.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Efest Blu 6. I use the Bluetooth on it all the time. Really convenient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors