Become a Patron!

Kanger Tech Subox Mini OCC Burnt Taste

Vapegirl79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received my skybox mini and primed the occ coil let it sit and absorb the juice and it tastes like it's burnt. I know I'm doing something wrong. On both coils it's like this. The .5ohm and 1.5ohm. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28 - 32 watts for the 0.5ohm coils is where I like to rock it.
I never prime my coils I just let them sit for a few minutes.Basically I just go into the bathroom and wash and dry my hand thoroughly.When I come back I give it a few primer puffs and it's ready to go.

Vapegirl79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
28 - 32 watts for the 0.5ohm coils is where I like to rock it.
I never prime my coils I just let them sit for a few minutes.Basically I just go into the bathroom and wash and dry my hand thoroughly.When I come back I give it a few primer puffs and it's ready to go.
I knew it was me. Thank you for your reply. Why do you use the .5 and not the 1.5? I'm just wondering. I've vaped for 2years using pro tank and evod twist but I'm new to these high tech gadgets.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wicking holes on the 0.5ohm are bigger thus allowing more saturation.Better saturation of wick = denser vapor.
And having denser vapor = More Flavor and slightly increased Throat Hit.
I don't care about clouds or chasing them.
I just want a warm full flavored vape.

Vapegirl79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The wicking holes on the 0.5ohm are bigger thus allowing more saturation.Better saturation of wick = denser vapor.
And having denser vapor = More Flavor and slightly increased Throat Hit.
I don't care about clouds or chasing them.
I just want a warm full flavored vape.
That sounds like what I'm looking for. I will switch my coils around. Thanks so much. You eased a lot of frustration.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils were both bad that came with it. I bought a new one and voila it works wonderful. The issue now is the tank is leaking at the base.
How badly?
When you say the base do you mean the 510?
Or from the airflow ring?
Maybe where the tank seals at the base?
3 separate issues and why Kanger should have stopped at the Sub-Tank Plus*...There is a whole section devoted to the sub-tank mini's issues here from what I understand.
I bet dollars to donuts the sub-tank nano has the same exact issues as it's the same tank only smaller.
My advice is just keep using the sub-tank mini until you can save up some $$$ then get yourself a smok tfv4 mini full kit.

*All the issues people had with the original sub-tank got fixed and it held more e-liquid than the original too.

Vapegirl79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How badly?
When you say the base do you mean the 510?
Or from the airflow ring?
Maybe where the tank seals at the base?
3 separate issues and why Kanger should have stopped at the Sub-Tank Plus*...There is a whole section devoted to the sub-tank mini's issues here from what I understand.
I bet dollars to donuts the sub-tank nano has the same exact issues as it's the same tank only smaller.
My advice is just keep using the sub-tank mini until you can save up some $$$ then get yourself a smok tfv4 mini full kit.

*All the issues people had with the original sub-tank got fixed and it held more e-liquid than the original too.
It's coming out the air flow ring. It seems to have stopped for the moment but I just read it's a common problem like you said. Ill have to look into the kit you said. Thank you for all your advice.

anoegel1988

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's coming out the air flow ring. It seems to have stopped for the moment but I just read it's a common problem like you said. Ill have to look into the kit you said. Thank you for all your advice.
You wanna make sure your coil (if it's pre made) is tightened down good and check the small rubber gasket around the bottom of said coil make sure it's not uneven or anything. I used to have that problem with my istick mini, not so much with my Subox Mini tho.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wanna make sure your coil (if it's pre made) is tightened down good and check the small rubber gasket around the bottom of said coil make sure it's not uneven or anything.
That would have been my advice too.Those gaskets are looser than a harlots morals on Mardi Gras.

anoegel1988

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahahaha, that's too funny snake! Very true though, very true.

anoegel1988

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Snake, ladies and gentlemen! Come back next week for another rousing performance! (Random clapping in the background)

VU Sponsors