Become a Patron!

Kanger subtank mini rba spitting help

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys first of all i would like to say a big thanks to everyone who has helped me on this great forum to giving me the knowledge i have about vaping today! And i will be sure to pass this help on to others!
Ok i have a little problem in rebuilding my subtank im getting about 1 ohms and the trouble is im getting a pop with a spit every time i press the fire button somtimes iv had dry hits to but iv solved that by keeping the wick touching the deck. So what advice do you have on stopping this pop and spitting?
Correct me if im wrong but my theory is the way im putting the Japanese cotton in? Im doing it not to tight but not to loose. Im cutting the cotton just above the head what screws on then folding the cotton down sooo
Maybe the cotton is in to tight/loose?
Cotton over the small holes or beside it?
Any suggestions on this id be grateful cuz its sooooo annoying lol
Edit: i have a subtank mini btw

happy vaping

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wick my subtank rbas very heavily, but I use 50/50 juice. I don't get popping or spitting, so maybe try more wick?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wick my subtank rbas very heavily, but I use 50/50 juice. I don't get popping or spitting, so maybe try more wick?
Hi there sorry i may sound dumb you mean more cotton?

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not dumb at all! Yes, lots of cotton - and I mean lots!
You mean after iv fed my cotton into the coil place some down the sides loose? Isit ok for the cotton to be sitting over the holes

happy vaping

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im doing 8 wraps would that be why?

happy vaping [emoj
No. The popping sound is juice heating and sending out a jet of vapor. This happens when there is an air pocket between the coil and wick, simply add a bit more wicking.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You mean after iv fed my cotton into the coil place some down the sides loose? Isit ok for the cotton to be sitting over the holes

happy vaping
You want the juice channels to be open so juice can flow onto the deck and get absorbed by the cotton.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No. The popping sound is juice heating and sending out a jet of vapor. This happens when there is an air pocket between the coil and wick, simply add a bit more wicking.
Just like bacon ona frying pan lol do try putting the cotton in really tight ur saying?

happy vaping

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not overly tight, slightly snug is a better description. You might want to try this method of wicking:

It works well in my Kanger and other Subohm tanks with RBA's.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not overly tight, slightly snug is a better description. You might want to try this method of wicking:

It works well in my Kanger and other Subohm tanks with RBA's.
Il give that a try tomorrow thing is i cant see how thats gonna stop the spitting i did notice his coil wraps were tight iv been doing the loose so there abit spaced out maybe il try tight coil

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok im using 70vg juice now and popping seems to have stopped and my coil wraps tight seems to have helped really getting into this lung hitting now Dint think i would like it atall but its pretty nice lol, also gona try this wicking method later seems to be good for alot of people
26fe469b99d95f91ebe7a7a2ffd19b35.jpg

happy vaping

VU Sponsors