Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank Mini issues

Good evening. I'm a new member.

Anyway, I got a Subtank mini a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Up until about 4 days that is. Now, I'm not getting the same kind of flavor I got before. That isn't the big deal: I just rebuilt the RBA coil to a 1 ohm with a 30awg wire. And well it keeps reading differently on my IPV Mini 30w. It just went from 1.1 to 2.5 to 1.9 and now it's staying on .09.

I can't tell if the issue is the tank or the mod because it did completely screw up the firing pin on my I stick mini 20w (which I found out was a known issue) but I never had that problem with my Nautilus Mini on the same mod. My Atlantis stays at a steady .5 ohm on the 30w IPV Mini.

I checked all connections, made sure everything was snug (not tight) and that the tank is about 1/8 in of a turn loose on my mod.

Any answers as to what's going on? Is it the tank or the mod?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, and welcome to VU :)

From the sounds of it you have a bad short somewhere from either a loose/bad connection or a worn/bad insulator. If every other thank is reading good on your mod except for that one you might want to try to make sure the center pin on the tank is in the middle of the insulator and that it's not worn in any way around it or touching the sides of the 510 connection and make sure it's making as good as contact as possible. Another thing you can do is take the subtank base with the RDA head in it and screw it into your ohm's reader...then, with the coil exposed so you can see all around it, start poking at it with a toothpick. The toothpick is non conductive and it won't hurt your ohm's meter to do this and if you touch your coil with a toothpick and the resistance jumps more than .02ish than your coil is loose and needs to be tightened down better or the leads are too short to make a good connection and needs to be chucked and built again.

Another thing to do is while your base is still on your meter is to wiggle it a little and feel all around the base and not the coil with a toothpick to make sure your centerpin insulator is good and it's not your center pin moving around shorting out....it would be a good idea to look it over thuroughly just to be safe. I would not use that coil till you find the short.

Also...does the resistance jump around on your device when you use a standard factory made OCC head in your tank with it or just the RDA deck?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors