Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank Mini .5 ohm coil or 1.2 ohm coil?

So I'm planning on buying a Kanger subtank mini for my Istick 30watt and I'm not sure If I should buy the .5 ohm coils or the 1.2 ohm coils as replacements. I'm looking for decent size clouds with nice flavor and I also want to maximize my Istick and use up to 30watts for when I want a huge cloud but around 20-25w as more of a casual setting and since the 1.2ohm coil is only rated for use between 12w and 25w I'm not sure if I should get those or the .5 ohm coils as replacements.

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Get the new coils they are more gooder. Now a warning is the new 1.5 ohm coil is to be used with 5/50 and higher PG blends from what I have tested. You can run whatever you want in the .5 coil and can take her up to 50 watts depending on your juice ratios. The 1.5 is supposed to mimmick a starter tank coil as their updated subtank mini has a smaller airflow option that puts the nautilis/nautilis mini to shame.

If you wrap your own coils, you will want the older style coils. You can tell them, by the line up just above the juice holes of the premade coils.

That line is actually the point where the coil body can be seperated, to allow easy access to interior of the coil head.

These newer coils, like the one pictured above, can be taken apart, but the body is pressfit together on the bottom of the coil head. It is possible to recoil without taking it apart, but much more difficult and the size of the coil is severly restricted.

And to answer your orignal question, learn to wrap your own coils to rebuild those heads, and then you can make whatever type/ ohmage coil you want. Not too difficult, and saves money to boot.

If you are just going to buy new coils and throw out the old ones, send the old ones to me, I rebuild them. : )

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new coils are 1000000000xs better. Go with the subohm and never look back.

VU Sponsors