Become a Patron!

Kanger Sub box mini not performing

I have a Kanger Sub box mini. I take good care of it, have had it for maybe 3 months. I replace the atomizer often (.5 15-60w). Lately no matter how new the coil, how well i pre soak etc, I can't vape above 20w without it tasting completely burnt and horrible. Should I replace my battery? Or is the whole system just busted. Getting very frustrated upgrading my vaping hardware only to have it crap on me a few months later. This shit is too expensive. I just want a machine that is quality and will actually last--making the investment worth it.

Is there any way to salvage this sub box? If not... what brand actually makes quality hardware? So tired of wasting all this money.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To me it sounds like the coil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be that the VG level in your juice is too high for that coilhead. Try a higher PG mix to see!

Krabkakes95

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The bottom peice that adjusts airflow is a part of the tank.

I've been vaping 80vg/20pg juice in my subox kit with a .5 ohm coil at 35w with absolutely no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find 20-25 watts about right with the 0.5 coil. 30J 450F with the nickel coil. Just because you mod will do higher watts doesn't mean you have to use it. It all depends on the build. Go for a good vape and don't worry about the watts. All my liquid is high VG.

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 80/20 as well and use the subtank anywhere from 25-30 watts and i have never had a problem. Def not the mod, maybe you received a bad batch of coils?

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Give the coil a little time to break in, when you replace it don't jump straight to the higher watts you vape at. There are still old OCC coils floating around, are yours vertical or the older horizontal coils? If horizontal coils here is a great tip.

VU Sponsors