Become a Patron!

Kanger OCC coil doesn't fit

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi. I have a Subtank mini v2 and have been vaping with it's rba head for a while. Now i don't have my rebuilding kit with me, but i have an occ coil. It seems to look like the one that was already screwed in when i got the subtank. But as i primed it today at morning and tried to screw it in, it would simply would not hold in place. Did my friend bought me a wrong coil ? I thought at first place that all subtank coils fit every type of subtank. Can i somehow fit it in or am i doing something wrong in the first place ?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi. I have a Subtank mini v2 and have been vaping with it's rba head for a while. Now i don't have my rebuilding kit with me, but i have an occ coil. It seems to look like the one that was already screwed in when i got the subtank. But as i primed it today at morning and tried to screw it in, it would simply would not hold in place. Did my friend bought me a wrong coil ? I thought at first place that all subtank coils fit every type of subtank. Can i somehow fit it in or am i doing something wrong in the first place ?
To help you better.. Please post a close up picture of your tank and the replacement coil you are trying to put in it.

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
sorry that i cant take better resoliution pics ( shaky hands, bad camera ) here's coil that does not fit on the left, and coil that came with the tank:
uzDiBkR.jpg

the text on coils are the same, except that on the other site on the old coil it says 5 J and on new one it sais 5 I

here's the tank (subtank mini v2 ):
j3JurM5.jpg

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i bump it because i created the thread and i still need answers :D So there are no difference in the coils for Mini and Nano ? I want to buy a 5-pack, but i need to make sure they will work. If the only ones that screw in are the rba and both coils that came with it, it should be the new coil screw that is problematic and not my subtank mini base ?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i bump it because i created the thread and i still need answers :D So there are no difference in the coils for Mini and Nano ? I want to buy a 5-pack, but i need to make sure they will work. If the only ones that screw in are the rba and both coils that came with it, it should be the new coil screw that is problematic and not my subtank mini base ?

I would go with that answer. I have a mini and the Pro(?) the coils are all the same. Never had an issue with it screwing in on any of my tanks. I had 4, down to 2 now.

Im guessing you got a bad coil. I've gotten a lot of them, that's why I avoid them like the plague. Most of mine were wick issues and counterfeits.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coil that doesn't fit could possibly be a clone. I've had clones that were difficult to screw in and some that fell apart when unscrewing. So there's no reason to not think one could be misthreaded.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The mini and the nano take the same coils. I would agree with the sentiments that you may have gotten a knockoff. Kanger usually makes their coils backwards compatible for at least a couple of generations. Even the new circular ssoc coilheads for the top-fill nano tanks fit the older minis, though i've gotten a few people say they leak a bit. If it doesn't fit your tank it's almost certainly a counterfeit coil

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
sometimes the wire legs arent cut very close to the body of the atomizer and inhibit it a bit or make it difficult to push down into the base and thread on

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
oh well, it is the biggest network of vape shops that my friend bought the coil from. I will never buy coils from them again.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it is not hard to push it in, it is loose

Well if you can "push it in" it's fubar. It's a very simple mechanical action. It has to be screwed in. So either the coil is wrong or fubar. Or the threads in the base could be knackered too.

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well if you can "push it in" it's fubar. It's a very simple mechanical action. It has to be screwed in. So either the coil is wrong or fubar. Or the threads in the base could be knackered too.

it makes me doubt that the base threads are damaged as i own 3 coils including rba and they screw in perfectly whatsoever. I ordered new coils, so we will see if that one was faulty one or something else

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
is there maybe a difference between the coils because of the writings on it ? one says 5 J and the one that does not fit says 5 I

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
is there maybe a difference between the coils because of the writings on it ? one says 5 J and the one that does not fit says 5 I

Where are you seeing this 5j and 5i ? Please post a better picture.

Other than that. If the coil doesn't fit, it simply doesn't fit.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a 1.5 ohm occ coil that came with my SUBOX new that has not been used. On one flat it has 5I stamped. My .50 cpils have 5K stamped on them.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a 1.5 ohm occ coil that came with my SUBOX new that has not been used. On one flat it has 5I stamped. My .50 cpils have 5K stamped on them.

I checked mine (4) after asking the OP the question. The 1.2 have a 5D stamped on them. Two of which are horizontal coil, the other vertical. The 5G is a .5 vertical coil.

I'm going to suggest this is only a manufacturers designation (possible factory location designation for quality control). And has nothing to do with the size of the coil housing or the coil.

xdomisx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update: it was most likely a faulty coil housing, got new coils and the one i opened first and using now fits.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The coil that doesn't fit could possibly be a clone. I've had clones that were difficult to screw in and some that fell apart when unscrewing. So there's no reason to not think one could be misthreaded.
Exactly. Had that happen to me with a set of clearly clone coil heads. Good to know it's fixed xdmomisx.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new style square coils do not fit my subtank. It only takes the ones with the top cap that comes off. The one piece squares do not fit nor do the new round style. The bar coming down from the tank part is bigger than the hole it has to fit into. CHEERS!

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: it was most likely a faulty coil housing, got new coils and the one i opened first and using now fits.
I've heard the same thing, some people are having problems with some Kanger v2 coils in the subtanks just not fitting.

Perhaps just a bad batch?

VU Sponsors