VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I must say that I'm very impressed after receiving this mod last night.. The device itself feels solid and well built - a little heavier than I expected but that's a good thing imo.. seems like it can take a few drops without falling apart..

The regular 25mm subtank fits PERFECTLY and you can tell that the kbox was specifically designed to pair with the big subtank.. The mini subtank (3rd and 4th pic) still looks nice and doesn't seem out of place being a 22mm atty so all diameter attys should look great on it.

One thing I noticed is the battery cover has some tight threading and took me a few times to actually get the damn thing screwed on.. Maybe it will break in or maybe it was just from sitting in the freezing cold all afternoon but not too big of a deal. The buttons feel really solid and give a good click when you press them - and no rattle whatsoever.

only 2 gripes that I have (and most will agree with) are not being able to read ohms, and no on board charging .. so that's really all I have for cons - and for a 30$ average price with 40 watts and a replaceable 18650 - there's really no reason why you shouldn't consider one of these.. Paired with the subtank it's giving an amazing vape at a very affordable price.

EDIT: Also - no delay when firing after sleep mode and 5 button presses to turn off/on with a quick wake up

kbox1.jpg kbox2.jpg kbox3.jpg kbox4.jpg

Last edited:

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^ What he said....my new daily driver.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^ What he said....my new daily driver.

Glad you like it! I'm hoping the black versions come out soon - going to pick up another one but going to hold off until then

did you also have issues getting the battery cap screwed back on or notice tight threading? Or are my fingers just weak lol

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got one on order- stuck in Chinese holiday hell- but couldn't resist at that price.
Thanks for the quick review. Can't wait to put mine through its paces.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is tight. I put the battery in and cranked it down, what a bitch getting it back open. The problem is the threaded aluminum, as it wears down it should thread easier. Which may not be a good thing for the housing. I may pick up a black one when they release the V2. LOL

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got one on order- stuck in Chinese holiday hell- but couldn't resist at that price.
Thanks for the quick review. Can't wait to put mine through its paces.

Thanks Ghost ..and yea I think thats about as in-depth as the review needed.. I mean I can't do accurate wattage testing or anything like that, I'll let people with more free time do that stuff lol.. but all and all I'm very impressed - I think Kanger did another great job following the subtank and the two paired together gives a perfect vape experience.

To think that I paid 60$ for my ego starter kit 2 years ago.. now for 60$ you can get a kbox and subtank - It's pretty amazing to be a newbie starting out with all of these options..

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Ghost ..and yea I think thats about as in-depth as the review needed.. I mean I can't do accurate wattage testing or anything like that, I'll let people with more free time do that stuff lol.. but all and all I'm very impressed - I think Kanger did another great job following the subtank and the two paired together gives a perfect vape experience.

To think that I paid 60$ for my ego starter kit 2 years ago.. now for 60$ you can get a kbox and subtank - It's pretty amazing to be a newbie starting out with all of these options..
Aint that the truth. I started out 2 1/2 years ago with an ego and TANKomiser set up from Volcano e cigs . I think i paid around $80 bucks for it. Now after 2 years of rebuildables, I have returned to the twist/fill/ and go lifestyle, but with tremendous effects and easy accessibility that lets someone 2 hours off cigs grab a great setup and start really enjoying their smoking cessation.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aint that the truth. I started out 2 1/2 years ago with an ego and TANKomiser set up from Volcano e cigs . I think i paid around $80 bucks for it. Now after 2 years of rebuildables, I have returned to the twist/fill/ and go lifestyle, but with tremendous effects and easy accessibility that lets someone 2 hours off cigs grab a great setup and start really enjoying their smoking cessation.

Its funny that Volcano is still selling such high priced setups - I went to OH over xmas and they had a setup in the mall.. just a bunch of shady looking attys that I've never heard of and over priced mods.. I don't understand how these guys still make any money ..

I wish I had these sort of options when I started - I would have never had to start with 26mg nicotine - could have gone right down to 12 or even 6mg with these sub ohm tanks... newbies really do not understand how good they have it now haha

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know man, its kind of ridiculous, i feel like the old man telling a young upstart how good they have it to not have to walk to school in the snow uphill

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was ready to get a mini subtank but after this, I'm considering the full size (more juice the better) to use with the Kbox.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was ready to get a mini subtank but after this, I'm considering the full size (more juice the better) to use with the Kbox.

That's why I like the full size one better - less time filing.. and I already have to fill this thing a couple times a day (sometimes 3-4 on weekends lol) - I also noticed that the regular sized subtank seems to be built a little better than the mini... I just got my mini on monday and the drip tip is wobbly and the overall build of it doesn't seem as good - I haven't vaped out of the mini yet so I'll be interested to see how it compares

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you like it! I'm hoping the black versions come out soon - going to pick up another one but going to hold off until then

did you also have issues getting the battery cap screwed back on or notice tight threading? Or are my fingers just weak lol

I had the same problem with mine. A little Noalox on the threads made a world of difference.

I imagine Kanger will improve the bottom cap threading in the inevitable version 2 that probably will come out soon. Other than that, it's been a great performer.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem with mine. A little Noalox on the threads made a world of difference.

I imagine Kanger will improve the bottom cap threading in the inevitable version 2 that probably will come out soon. Other than that, it's been a great performer.

Yea I noticed even after the 3rd time I swapped batteries the threads have become a lot easier to work with so thats a plus.

I have no complaints so far and it feels great to hold in the hand.. I also like the 5w increments - nothing is more annoying than trying to go from 15 watts to say 40 one by one.. this is perfect.. can go from 15 to 40 in a second flat

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the review VC, I should be getting mine by the end of the week.

I think you will be impressed! I know you are a fan of the isticks so I'll be interested to see how you compare the two.. I'm sure the kbox will feel like a brick compared to the istick's weight but i like a solid device that can also be used as an impromptu weapon ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking the same thing VC, even the hana mini seems huge when I use it after the sticks....LOL, it can't be any worse than a few other boxes out there....LOL, no doubt I will use it to bang around with...:cool:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking the same thing VC, even the hana mini seems huge when I use it after the sticks....LOL, it can't be any worse than a few other boxes out there....LOL, no doubt I will use it to bang around with...:cool:

Thadda girl :)

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The changeable battery is a huge plus for me. I hate having to wait for my devices to charge, i would need two of them. Lack of an ohm reader is a minus, however, it would have added to the price and number of things that could go wrong. Most rebuilders should already have one. If you are new and stick to stock coils, you are good to go.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The changeable battery is a huge plus for me. I hate having to wait for my devices to charge, i would need two of them. Lack of an ohm reader is a minus, however, it would have added to the price and number of things that could go wrong. Most rebuilders should already have one. If you are new and stick to stock coils, you are good to go.

Exactly.. and most of us who have been rebuilding for awhile can wrap a coil and hit the ohms pretty accurately each time so I don't think it has too much of a negative effect.

I'm sure the V2 will add some of these features (hopefully)

One other thing I'll say is that at night the wattage numbers don't light up so it's hard to see what your setting is at unless you remember the sequence of watts (which isn't that hard) - but this was one thing I noticed while sitting in bed trying to see what setting it was at.. I'm sure they could have the numbers illuminate just as easy for the next version

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm considering getting a replaceable battery mod, but I just can't wrap my head around the wattage settings on the Kbox. I vape anywhere from 6-10 on my istick, which I know is really more like 8 to 12 (11 on my mvp2 is about the same feel as 8 or so on the Istick to me) I like having more options than that.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear a lot of people complain the wattage is off by 1 or 2 but I have a feeling that once people find what works on it, they really rarely change it. I doubt if I would. I don't have one yet. I've just been watching my habits and it might be a releaf not to fuss with a screen.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its funny that Volcano is still selling such high priced setups - I went to OH over xmas and they had a setup in the mall.. just a bunch of shady looking attys that I've never heard of and over priced mods.. I don't understand how these guys still make any money ..

I wish I had these sort of options when I started - I would have never had to start with 26mg nicotine - could have gone right down to 12 or even 6mg with these sub ohm tanks... newbies really do not understand how good they have it now haha
All I can tell ya is im one of those newbee s and im absolutely loving it! :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mentioned this in another thread.. but I feel like the 25mm
All I can tell ya is im one of those newbee s and im absolutely loving it! :)

glad to hear it! hopefully we all get through the 2-3 week hump without any issues.. Haven't heard of any so far which is always a plus

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got mine from Heil, at first glance I agree with the OP. I haven't put a batt in it yet but just pulling it from the box I noticed two things.. there's a small nick in the fire button (brand new sealed) and there was a small ammount of grime on the top deck.
the batt threads are a little loose and squeak from the friction of the anodizing but I can deal with these small imperfections for the price.
more opinion to come when I get a chance to sit and play with it.
cheers,

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a chance to toy with it.
I'm no pro by any means but it does what it should.
Op's review is pretty damn accurate.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I may be slow but when I looked at the kanger box vs the Istick 50 it was a no brainer to me. Alot more value in the stick.
Am I wrong in that thinking?
New to boxes and builds. I came from a year of using the orbit vortex.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find eleaf and kanger to be in the same boat. The majority of my purchases are with these two but if I had to choose between brands in a zombie apocalypse, at this point, I think I'd side with kanger.
my sig30 is still my main over the kbox but the kbox is definitely a solid platform from what I see.

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i'm one of those noobs that were using the ego sticks as well. just yesterday i was looking at this, i really liked the look but didnt know much about it so i went and got the itaste mvp 3.0 instead.
i couldnt tell if this came with a battery and a charger? and how do i charge it?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i'm one of those noobs that were using the ego sticks as well. just yesterday i was looking at this, i really liked the look but didnt know much about it so i went and got the itaste mvp 3.0 instead.
i couldnt tell if this came with a battery and a charger? and how do i charge it?
You would have to buy a seperate 18650 (or two) and a charger for the kbox.
Your mvp is an on board batt/w passthrough and auxiliary charging.
Youll be happy stepping up to a 30w from an ego but beware, you're heading into addiction territory. :p
An mvp is a great entry mod.

VU Sponsors