Become a Patron!

Kanger Dripbox - replacement RDA

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
As most of us owners of the Dripbox should be aware by now, the RDA, that comes with the box, sucks. Therefore, I wanted to start a thread, that shows the RDAs that can be used on the Dripbox. I have tried using the Chuthulu Hastur V2 RDA (comes w/ a BF pin), which didn't work, the RDA's 510 connection is too short. However, the Tobeco Velocity Mini (mine came w/ BF pin) does work!

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As most of us owners of the Dripbox should be aware by now, the RDA, that comes with the box, sucks. Therefore, I wanted to start a thread, that shows the RDAs that can be used on the Dripbox. I have tried using the Chuthulu Hastur V2 RDA (comes w/ a BF pin), which didn't work, the RDA's 510 connection is too short. However, the Tobeco Velocity Mini (mine came w/ BF pin) does work!

if im remembering right any bf atty will work on the drip box,unless the 510 is to short as you found out with your v2 hastur...what a name for a squonk mod...drip box...lol.maybe reverse dripping box.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ChiNarda from Apex BF mods work and look great on the DripBox ;)

gu4j3ru67jexsv26g.jpg

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. I'll bet that has good flavor, don't have any single coil drippers so might have to fill that niche.

Dominic_Joseph

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know that that Dripbox has replacement coil atty's. Its awesome that other devices work on that box!

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Im using an old-school Cyclone BF on my dripbox. I Also scooped up that Sunbox Graal off the classifieds and have been using it on there as well (although it isnt all what i hoped it was going to be..)

All Kanger has to do is release a quality, regulated & TC version... then BOOM- all these small squonk companies that sell their mods for exorbitant prices are going to lose the pleasure of their current Monopoly.. Im not saying they will go out of business, but right now it seems the ONLY way to get a quality, regulated squonker is to pay 2-300.. ( i said quality ;) ) Its the only area of vaping that i can think of where in order to get what you want, you have to order a custom or designer device.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im using an old-school Cyclone BF on my dripbox. I Also scooped up that Sunbox Graal off the classifieds and have been using it on there as well (although it isnt all what i hoped it was going to be..)

All Kanger has to do is release a quality, regulated & TC version... then BOOM- all these small squonk companies that sell their mods for exorbitant are going to lose the pleasure of their current Monopoly.. Im not saying they will go out of business, but right now it seems the ONLY way to get a quality, regulated squonker is to pay 2-300.. ( i said quality ;) ) Its the only area of vaping that i can think of where in order to get what you want, you have to order a custom or designer device.
Kanger does have a Dripbox 160W now.

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Kanger does have a Dripbox 160W now.

Really? it must be almost brand new. Ive been trying to keep up with dripbox products. All i want them to do is make the 510 flush like their other mods, make it compact and regulated.. it will bring a flood of people to the squonk market. And that means more squonk hardware!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Really? it must be almost brand new. Ive been trying to keep up with dripbox products. All i want them to do is make the 510 flush like their other mods, make it compact and regulated.. it will bring a flood of people to the squonk market. And that means more squonk hardware!
IMO, Kanger used the first Dripbox to see how the market would react to it. I think you'll be able to get it cheaper elsewhere, but just to show the box, see http://www.kangeronline.com/products/dripbox-160w-starter-kit?variant=17687420677

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
IMO, Kanger used the first Dripbox to see how the market would react to it. I think you'll be able to get it cheaper elsewhere, but just to show the box, see http://www.kangeronline.com/products/dripbox-160w-starter-kit?variant=17687420677

Thats great. Interesting body design choice, reminds me of the reuleaux by jaybo.. I hope that 510 is flush! its so ugly on my Dripbox. Also, i know how kanger does things, but they should really offer it without the silly RDA. Its kind of tacky IMO. Its great for people using this device as a stepping stone to rebuildables, but for someone like me its a giveaway or throw-away if im being honest.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but the 510 on this dripbox I have is flush.

Yeah that rda is a throwaway. I used it until I got a couple rda's converted and bought a Velocity Mini with bf pin. It will work if you raise the coils up so the airflow hits them, but then the coils are pretty close to that plastic cap.

Thomasl

Member For 3 Years
i use a wotofo Sapor and Velocity Mini on mine didn't like the one that came with it . the one comes with 160 looks a little different

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just mean it should be flush with the finish of the body instead of that ugly ring with the hex screws around it. Maybe its a good thing cause you could play with the internals if need be, but their other products look good with only the threaded 510 terminal showing if you know what i mean.

Also @Neunerball i neglected the first part of your comment, i completely agree. Chips cost money, dripbox v1 was complete barebones. Which is good in itself, but yes i can see why they wouldnt want to produce a high inventory of expensive to produce mods (that are pretty unique to the market) that might not sell. Obviously the dripbox was successful if were getting the 160w, hopefully other companies will get into the squonk market, ittl takeoff and products will be cheaper in the long run. Although, for 30 bucks on ebay the Dripbox is already a steal.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a no-name FT Velocity clone...waiting a while to see if someone other than Kanger comes up with a cheap regulated squonker, as the Dripbox is kinda junk but did enough for me to decide I'm interested in squonking without spending a couple hundred bucks. The problem with the Dripbox 160 is that I'm less than pleased with the proprietary board on the Kbox 120/200 - though I also hear they've made some upgrades to that with the Kbox 160, which I assume would use the same electronics as the new Dripbox.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm using a no-name FT Velocity clone...waiting a while to see if someone other than Kanger comes up with a cheap regulated squonker, as the Dripbox is kinda junk but did enough for me to decide I'm interested in squonking without spending a couple hundred bucks. The problem with the Dripbox 160 is that I'm less than pleased with the proprietary board on the Kbox 120/200 - though I also hear they've made some upgrades to that with the Kbox 160, which I assume would use the same electronics as the new Dripbox.
I'm convinced, the Kbox 160W is utilizing the same board as the new Dripbox 160W.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...hopefully other companies will get into the squonk market, ittl takeoff and products will be cheaper in the long run...
There's another cheaper Sqonker made by Steam Crave. However, owning one myself, the board in the mod isn't good at all. I've encountered several bugs, e.g. even with the +/- keys locked, it would change the power setting, when the mod hasn't been used for a while, or has been charged via USB.

This pic is from the from a forum, Planet of Vapes in the UK, apparently some have gotten velocity RBA decks with there DripBox... interesting
imageuploadedbyplanet-of-the-vapes-forum1463139553-546264-jpg.90348

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
There's another cheaper Sqonker made by Steam Crave. However, owning one myself, the board in the mod isn't good at all. I've encountered several bugs, e.g. even with the +/- keys locked, it would change the power setting, when the mod hasn't been used for a while, or has been charged via USB.

Yes, ive unfortunately heard bad things about the steamcrave. I meant more along the lines of Joytech or an IPV line of squonkers, maybe sometime in the future if kanger sells them well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not greatly concerned with desiring a Dripbox 160 for temp control. Probably, be lucky if I use 30 Watts. Enjoy lung hits but also like a cool vape and extra battery charge life. Thinking I'd use the160 as a desk vape, maybe a 60 as a carry around vape. Lulu from Kanger assures me too, that the Velocity style RDA decks will be released for sale with the Dripbox kits. They could only guess that these will be released within 30 days. I'm thinking 30 days after the 160 is released. I may be in error of thinking. *chuckles* But at least now, know they'll sale the Velocity style RDA decks. Yay! :)

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks. I'll bet that has good flavor, don't have any single coil drippers so might have to fill that niche.

if you havent got a chinarda yet i have an extra on with a SS 510 pin.LMK

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if you have a steamcrave box this is what i did to mine,dna 200 BAM!!its a brick but hey its WAY better the 2-18650 batts to get through 5mls of juice with the chip that was in it!!asnt skipped a beat,ive got a few other im tryin to do but not with the steamcrave box.been bitten by the squonk maker bug...lol.
IMG_20160424_183154.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160424_183225.jpg
    IMG_20160424_183225.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20160424_183109.jpg
    IMG_20160424_183109.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 47

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
if you have a steamcrave box this is what i did to mine,dna 200 BAM!!its a brick but hey its WAY better the 2-18650 batts to get through 5mls of juice with the chip that was in it!!asnt skipped a beat,ive got a few other im tryin to do but not with the steamcrave box.been bitten by the squonk maker bug...lol.
View attachment 51707
Yes, I remember seeing it in the other thread, and mentioning I might convert it to a DNA myself as well.

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
My clone Hastur V2 RDA from Gearbest.com works on my DripBox 160 as long as there is no wrap on the mod. I had a clear J-wrap on mine and had to remove the top piece. Didn't mind though because the whole wrap got messed up really quick, which I was rather upset about. Don't think I'll be getting anymore clear wraps. I've had only small issues before with the patterned ones, nothing this bad. ...Oh, the Velocity V2 also works. Right now I'm waiting on the Wotofo conversion kit and a Lush rda to see if that will work.

BeZen Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
HELP!
I am having lots of trouble getting anything(rda's) to work on my Drip Box 160W. It won't read any other RDA but the one it came with. If I put a tank on it no matter what the coil ohm is it reads it at, .21 ohms! If it reads something, tank or RDA it will only read it as .21ohms - .22ohms. The other RDA's well only read as shorted or as 9.99 ohms! I have returned it once already and the replacement is having the same in issue but I don't think I will get a better one if I return it again, it's from ecig.com. They seem to be having a Much higher than normal fail rate on their Drip Box's than anyone!
My Velocity V2 has a short 510 pin, also, too short and if I adjust it the positive post to lengthen it, it gets too lose to work. The Tsunami I bought has the same issue. I finally did get used to the Drip Box RDA but this weekend my son(22) knocked over my Drip Box 160W and the top cap of the RDA broke and super glue is a very bad idea to use, so I'm looking for ANYONE that has replacement parts for the Drip Box and it's RDA. I have also lost the magnetic bottom cap to the juice bottle.
Does anybody know where I could get parts from anyone but Kanger themselves? Kanger charges $17.95 to Ship a 99¢ part!
Please help me guys! I have looked on FastTech, Vapor Beast & ecig.com, no luck!
Thank you very much for any help you can give me and Thank You for your time!

Last edited:
It's so easy to miss, yet excruciating to overlook.

It's actually an easy fix @BeZen Vapes. At least how i noticed my OHMs were stuck.
Manually turn off the device (rapid 5 clicks on the fire button),
then turn on the device(pause for flash screen to go blank, then rapid 6 clicks on the fire button).
I had this same issue (mine was stuck at .33ohm), then I happened upon this this after many battery changes and new coils(which should have been reading double).
[The device will show (closer) to current ohm, now.]

As far as other RDAs: I'm finding leaking issues with any other RDAs, due to the "adjustable" design of other RDAs. : Since there's a flathead screwdriver cut in the centerpost. This causes leaking in the feed chamber >>> shorts.
Luckily, the Kanger squonk RDA is, actually, pretty good. I dislike how small it is (as I prefer 30mm), but the "velocity" style deck is great.

Last edited:
Is there a more purpose built squonk RDA, without the adjustable center screw?
That would be the key to customizing the dripbox 160. ... That or figuring out a work-around through the screwdriver gaps. :headbang:

510 connection too short; I've bought a vortice atomizer which didn't work as the 510 pin was too short. I took a little rubber washer off of an old kanger atomizer and put it round the 510 pin and it's worked perfectly. The atomizer that comes with the dripbox160 was pants!

I used a little rubber ring from an old atomizer head as a washer to get the 510 pin contact with a vortice rda.

So I bought the vortice v2 when I first got my Dripbox 160. Never had issues with making contact, but the vortice airflow configuration sucks if you're trying to run big coils.

I found a solution!!! I bought a twisted messes squared atty hoping I could swap the 510 pin from the vortice, but no dice... Vortice pin is bigger than TM. In a stroke of genius I stuck the TM cap on the vortice atty and voilà... One of the best squonk attys I've ever had!!! Flavor for days and serious cloudage using a single alien coil. The cap fits perfectly with no leakage, and the airflow holes align just above the little tornado ring. It gives a decent juice well without leaking out the sides.

Attachments

• IMG_20161119_145055.jpg
    IMG_20161119_145055.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20161119_145132.jpg
    IMG_20161119_145132.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 42
So I bought the vortice v2 when I first got my Dripbox 160. Never had issues with making contact, but the vortice airflow configuration sucks if you're trying to run big coils.

I found a solution!!! I bought a twisted messes squared atty hoping I could swap the 510 pin from the vortice, but no dice... Vortice pin is bigger than TM. In a stroke of genius I stuck the TM cap on the vortice atty and voilà... One of the best squonk attys I've ever had!!! Flavor for days and serious cloudage using a single alien coil. The cap fits perfectly with no leakage, and the airflow holes align just above the little tornado ring. It gives a decent juice well without leaking out the sides.
That looks dope, I might have to copy your idea there. Must be the only person with that setup.

That looks dope, I might have to copy your idea there. Must be the only person with that setup.

3 of my friends saw mine and promptly did the same. I'm the only one who lucked out and got the special edition with the gold airflow control! It came with red and black also, so you can change it up.

Icurrie44

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My velocity mini Tobeco bottom feed pin fails. The positive post flops about or if I put a spacer in, the positive pin is higher than negstive and the base of the pin doesn't reach the 160 driptank's contact ???
Need a different pin maybe? Anyone sdvise or do I just put this otherwise nice looking RDA back in it's box !

Last edited:

Icurrie44

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeaah but its 24 mm diam !
I have just bought a single coil Wasp nano mini squonk working fine and very nice with SS 24 clapton.

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought my wife the icon BF RDA for the drip box 160. What amazing flavor no leaking just flat out works awesomely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors