Become a Patron!
Sooo, I just bought some geekvape fused Clapton coils, never used them before and I would like to know if they are safe to vape in TC mode. They are Kanthal core with N80 wrap! Any help or advice would be great and much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 8

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sooo, I just bought some geekvape fused Clapton coils, never used them before and I would like to know if they are safe to vape in TC mode. They are Kanthal core with N80 wrap! Any help or advice would be great and much appreciated.

No. Some companis have tried to make kanthal and nichrome work with TC, but it isn't even worth the bother as the TCR prediction curves are to slight to be noticably detectable due to the higher resistance per inch with these wires compared to Nickel Ni200, Titanium T1, or Stainless Steel 316L. Kanthal and Nichrome (60 or 80) are best used in standard wattage mode.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

No. Some companis have tried to make kanthal and nichrome work with TC, but it isn't even worth the bother as the TCR prediction curves are to slight to be noticably detectable due to the higher resistance per inch with these wires compared to Nickel Ni200, Titanium T1, or Stainless Steel 316L. Kanthal and Nichrome (60 or 80) are best used in standard wattage mode.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response, just wanted make sure I wasn't going to get sick from vaping on N80 outside of TC mode. I have no experience with N80 so I didn't know where to start!

Nope neither Kanthal or NI80 work at all on TC in most ,mods and poorly at best in the ones that claim to have TC for those wires.

Well you just helped me decide on my next mod, was going to get a mod that would support TC mode for Kanthal, buuuuut after that comment, I'll just keep my monies to myself! Thanks again for the quick response!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you just helped me decide on my next mod, was going to get a mod that would support TC mode for Kanthal, buuuuut after that comment, I'll just keep my monies to myself! Thanks again for the quick response!
I vape TC with SS316l and like it.

VU Sponsors