Become a Patron!

Just switched to regulated mod help

Hey guys can some one help im using cuboid 150w and im trying to use other mode like tcr but when i set it just go back to wattage with only 20 watts pls help how can i use other modes. Im running with 17ohm

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1.7 ohms is too high of a resistance to use temperature mode. Joyetech specs the cuboid as 1.5 ohm maximum for temperature control. It probably kicks you back out for that reason.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1 Kanthal is for power mode only your being kicked out of TC because the mod is smart enough to know that.

2 Stick with power mode until you;
a. Learn the wire types and what there used for.
b. Learn what temp mode is and how to use it. Doing it right isn't as easy as slapping in a coil and vaping.

3 Read about TC on some of the threads on the topic. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-q-a.303163/

4 Ask some questions before you try it and hurt yourself. Folks here will help you sort it out.

5 Most importantly read the manual enough times to fully understand it and your mod.

6 Welcome to the VU.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can likely come close to 150 watts if not reaching it. But not with 1.7 ohm coil. You are hitting the maximum output voltage of the mod.
it will likely hit 150 or close at somewhere around .2 - .5 ohms.

It would have to put out 16 volts to hit 150 Watts with a 1.7 coil.
That is well above the maximum output voltage of the mod.

It can likely come close to 150 watts if not reaching it. But not with 1.7 ohm coil. You are hitting the maximum output voltage of the mod.
it will likely hit 150 or close at somewhere around .2 - .5 ohms.

It would have to put out 16 volts to hit 150 Watts with a 1.7 coil.
That is well above the maximum output voltage of the mod.
The Cromwell
Thanks you really help me I appreciate you're effort thanks again

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a .59 ohm coil in a 50w and it might vape a few times at 43w but 2/5 battery charge and the power reduces to 38w and lower. I'd like to think I could just upgrade my battery which is samsung 2500mah 3.7v, but no one's suggested I do so though my 50w ohmage is supposed to be from .2 to 9.9.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanthal will not work on TC for THAT mod. You can TC kanthal on the Hohm Wrecker.
kind of, sort of TC. They only call it flavor control not temp control and it kind of works.
I have the Solo mini which has the same claim. yes it kind of works and is a pain.

You sort of adjust your mod to where you want it . then it sort of learns.
But you cannot set a temperature such as in real Temperature Control mods.

everyone gave up on TC for Kanthal, including Hohm Wrecker.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worked fine for me. Maybe I just set it right the only time I used kanthal on it.
yeah you set it on a point in wattage that works for ya. then you vape a while so it learns. Then it has a slider that you can move to adjust the vape just a bit. It did work fair for dry hit reduction.
Which is pretty much what it is dry wick detection.

VU Sponsors