Become a Patron!

Just Starting

So I’m taking the plunge and about to embark on a quest to make my own juices for personal use. Buy commercial has always been hit and miss and getting expensive. My question is where do I start I.e good concentrated flavour in the uk. I’m going to start with fruit base flavours until I get the knowledge I need to start mixing. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I’m taking the plunge and about to embark on a quest to make my own juices for personal use. Buy commercial has always been hit and miss and getting expensive. My question is where do I start I.e good concentrated flavour in the uk. I’m going to start with fruit base flavours until I get the knowledge I need to start mixing. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really have to start by finding some recipes that appeal to you. Just grabbing flavors and mixing them is just as hit or miss as buying at a vape shop. By using a recipe that has been made by someone who knows what they're doing, it's going to be a much higher chance you'll find it vapeable and enjoyable.

Do a lot of reading of recipes. You'll see the commonalities, such as the bases, top notes, what's used to sweeten, concentration levels, etc. It's information you'll absorb and slowly start using. Check out the DIY recipe section here, there's some great recipes that'll satisfy you, I'm sure.

If you're in the UK, Chef's Flavors is great. I use them as my main source. They're consistent and reliable.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everything bobnat said, absolutely true. Though I have no idea about vendors in the UK, so take his word for it. :D And unfortunately it really is just as 'hit and miss', buying flavors, as buying ejuice; there are so many brands doing the same basic flavors, and they're all kinda different... the good thing is, flavors don't cost nearly as much as finished ejuice, so it's actually lots less costly to experiment DIY-style than buying ejuice. :)

One rule of thumb I heard over at Asshat Central is "50% main flavor, 50% background/supporting flavors". It doesn't have to be EXACT, but if you aim for something around that, it usually works out pretty well.

Capella's Sweet Cream is a must-have, it goes in so many different mixes, and its taste of "fresh cream" is absolutely authentic; I even put it in food! It's also diketone-free.

Welcome to the tastiest rabbit hole in vaping. :)

Andria

VU Sponsors