Become a Patron!

Just Sharing some Mods I made and Use.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Although I recognize a lot of names from other forums and that you might have seen some of these before. I am hoping that there are enough who have not seen my DIY mods and that they enjoy them. Also I have never put them all in one post. Well here they are. With the exceptions of the ego's, mech's, and the pipe all were made by me. Some were giving away and some sold. But I still have quite a few and since I like to change flavors quite often they are usually ready to be used.

Here are some of the first mods I made including the 2 I did photo how to builds on.

oePyEow.jpg

Here is what the insides look like.

Olbd2Ep.jpg

These are the Ohm and Volt meters I made for myself and still use everyday

K9gwDPL.jpg

These ones were made when I was in a mod making frenzy. ( I have since sought out medical help and was deemed cured.)

hbcKbOH.jpg

Here is a close up of just the bottom feeders (both VV and 3.7v

YsbtTzo.jpg

And the insides

yXcF8nX.jpg

A close up of the VV boxes (Made with OKR/T 3 and 6 amp chips) and 3.7 volt boxes.

cNd1Chn.jpg

Once again what the insides are like

XDPLk5a.jpg

And some mechs and new toppers that i collected along the way. The pipe was a gift that a new black kayfun brought back to life again.( I begin to dislike carto tanks with a vengeance)

GOfIdoz.jpg

The one on the left is my first try at forced patina and the one on the right is my first Faux patina ( I read about alcohol inks on here first and had to give it a try)

HVcBvx6.jpg

I am currently in the process of designing some different shaped mods but that is for another day.

Thank you for viewing and as always any and all comments,critiques, and or questions are very much appreciated.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I envy your skills!

Hell, I consider myself luck to replace batteries a build my Kayfuns

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great looking and very nice work . Thanks for posting them.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very nice! Beautiful work.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Thank you all for your compliments much appreciated.
@Timmy thanks for your interest I haven't decided whether or not to post some of my how to build wood mods (or even if I would be allowed to as they are quite large up to 55 images) I see some people are still interested in how to make their own wood mods. This is based on my image hosting site photobucket cutting off viewing of the pics when I reach my bandwidth limit then resetting on the 10th of every month. The period keeps getting shorter.
I know I could use a different site but it is a lot of work to set up.

I would be willing to do the work but first would appreciate some confirmation. Are there people out there who want to learn how to make their own mod specifically from wood? Thanks for reading.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sign me up. I'd be interested in info on how to build these. Thanks

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy cow! Nice work!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for your compliments much appreciated.
@Timmy thanks for your interest I haven't decided whether or not to post some of my how to build wood mods (or even if I would be allowed to as they are quite large up to 55 images) I see some people are still interested in how to make their own wood mods. This is based on my image hosting site photobucket cutting off viewing of the pics when I reach my bandwidth limit then resetting on the 10th of every month. The period keeps getting shorter.
I know I could use a different site but it is a lot of work to set up.

I would be willing to do the work but first would appreciate some confirmation. Are there people out there who want to learn how to make their own mod specifically from wood? Thanks for reading.
Great stuff!! Link sent to some friends who are building wood modboxes. They're very popular I think

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice work there Sonar505, pretty sweet boxes there..
Which diagram are you using to this chip, I got a few different types of diagrams for different types of chips..
I only have made mine in plastic boxes for now but I have collected a lot of wood lately so I can do the boxes in wood instead. Just have to finde a better saw for cutting it, mine broke down a couple of months ago.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
@Celcius666 just using the standard wiring diagrams for OKR/T chips that can be found on the web with a few changes the most common one says to use a 200 ohm resistor with your pot. But it has been pointed out to me that the factory specs. call for a 220 ohm. Also whether or not to use pin 1 when using a pushswitch than is not able to handle the amps.
As for the saw most of these were made using a miter box and hand saw.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
@Sonar505 What 510 connections are you using for your bottom feeder mods? just standard unsealed 510s?

Yea it is a standard unsealed from madvapes. The first ones I did were with a 16 gauge needle soldered in. Now use a stainless still tube bought from Bogger box mods (although that may not be an option from now on) the drip cup is a cut down shark fitting from home depot.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
those are sweet looking. you are very talented. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't seen those in a while, nice works as usual. :)

BTW, Imgur doesn't cut you off and you can have as much as you want.
Me, I post a lot of images, and so pay $12 twice a year to have a Pro account with full control and extra features.

https://imgur.com/register/upgrade

This isn't ECF, you could post pretty much whatever ya want man, ;-)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
These are all just so clean looking. Inside and out! Nice. Very nice.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very beautiful mods man! I especially love the translucent green mods. Oh wait, I'm a sucker for camouflage too though! My hat's off to you bro! Awesome job!

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Although I recognize a lot of names from other forums and that you might have seen some of these before. I am hoping that there are enough who have not seen my DIY mods and that they enjoy them. Also I have never put them all in one post. Well here they are. With the exceptions of the ego's, mech's, and the pipe all were made by me. Some were giving away and some sold. But I still have quite a few and since I like to change flavors quite often they are usually ready to be used.

Here are some of the first mods I made including the 2 I did photo how to builds on.

oePyEow.jpg

Here is what the insides look like.

Olbd2Ep.jpg

These are the Ohm and Volt meters I made for myself and still use everyday

K9gwDPL.jpg

These ones were made when I was in a mod making frenzy. ( I have since sought out medical help and was deemed cured.)

hbcKbOH.jpg

Here is a close up of just the bottom feeders (both VV and 3.7v

YsbtTzo.jpg

And the insides

yXcF8nX.jpg

A close up of the VV boxes (Made with OKR/T 3 and 6 amp chips) and 3.7 volt boxes.

cNd1Chn.jpg

Once again what the insides are like

XDPLk5a.jpg

And some mechs and new toppers that i collected along the way. The pipe was a gift that a new black kayfun brought back to life again.( I begin to dislike carto tanks with a vengeance)

GOfIdoz.jpg

The one on the left is my first try at forced patina and the one on the right is my first Faux patina ( I read about alcohol inks on here first and had to give it a try)

HVcBvx6.jpg

I am currently in the process of designing some different shaped mods but that is for another day.

Thank you for viewing and as always any and all comments,critiques, and or questions are very much appreciated.
Good ingenuity, nice work !

VU Sponsors