VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"Smoker's legs are nearly torn off after e-cigarette EXPLODES 'like a grenade'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...y-torn-e-cigarette-explodes-like-grenade.html

"Having switched to e-cigarettes for health reasons, he has now reverted to regular tobacco, branding it 'safer'. "

"Investigators believe the blaze started when an e-cigarette that was charging in the bedroom exploded and set fire to an oxygen concentrator - thought to have been used by the victim, David Thompson.

It is believed he was using a third-party charger that did not come with the original e-cigarette."

This guy needed to learn battery safety IF this story is even real (the "sun" is a UK tabloid) either way people need to stop fucking with these metal tubes if they don't know how to use them properly. It's like choosing a moped over a Corvette!- 5150
:)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should change the title man, you know it will be top of Google results almost immediately thanks to our SEO.

And, it will be a good headline for the ANTZ, even if not true.

If a bad decision in USB charging caused an explosion, well, that isn't good.
But, if anything "nearly tore his legs off", it was his nearby oxygen tank and user stupidity, not the e-cig itself. ;-)

Just saying...don't continue sensational media's reporting by putting it back on top of Google.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You should change the title man, you know it will be top of Google results almost immediately thanks to our SEO.

And, it will be a good headline for the ANTZ, even if not true.

If a bad decision in USB charging caused an explosion, well, that isn't good.
But, if anything "nearly tore his legs off", it was his nearby oxygen tank and user stupidity, not the e-cig itself. ;-)

Just saying...don't continue sensational media's reporting by putting it back on top of Google.
How's that?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is the "nearly blows legs off"....and "exploded like a grenade" that has me waving a bullshit flag.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it was a mutant clone and i saw the owner of the real mutant telling people on facebook he was going to sue them for showing 'his' mods logo in the pictures.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The same mod that caused the blast at vapeblast...

getemmurph

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with CaFF if your going to post about it link it but change the name to somthing like "false info about" or somthing, any chance to link truthful and backed info to Media sensationalized articles like that gives us a chance in the fight ..... Not saying don't post; that's what this forum is all about, but use your head man. Think for second before you just blindly start spouting off, do you think big tobacco doesn't have 500 people and hundreds of thousands of dollars chasing this down linking it to anything that pops up on Google,Yahoo.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it's changed to "just read it". if you look through you will see that i have posted 95%+ of all stories in the news section.
I saw it and posted it.

as you can see: https://www.google.com/search?q=Smo...ff after e-cigarette EXPLODES 'like a grenade
first 3 1/2 pages not from here.

....meanwhile there's a thread talking about a host from a very popular vape network being a child sex offender.

Google "Big Mex sex offender" and we are sitting pretty right on top.

The 'vape host is a child sex offender' thing pisses me off 10 times more than this story about a guy who somehow or another had a mutant clone (mech mod) 'plugged in' to the wrong charger (which is impossible to do) with his oxygen mask on receiving the darwin award in a tabloid.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Sorry, I was doing half a dozen things at once.
I didn't mean to come off like a dick in the above message.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This seems like a very made up story.. I can't imagine anyone takes that news source serious.. right?

Eh.. I take that back..most people are idiots..

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
keep in mind that this was in a publication akin to the national enquirer, known for their incisive journalism. :p

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
keep in mind that this was in a publication akin to the national enquirer, known for their incisive journalism. :p

lol EXACTLY.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I agree with CaFF if your going to post about it link it but change the name to somthing like "false info about" or somthing, any chance to link truthful and backed info to Media sensationalized articles like that gives us a chance in the fight ..... Not saying don't post; that's what this forum is all about, but use your head man. Think for second before you just blindly start spouting off, do you think big tobacco doesn't have 500 people and hundreds of thousands of dollars chasing this down linking it to anything that pops up on Google,Yahoo.

I have no idea if the info is false or not.
With the pen gun is an ecig story I knew it was a pen gun.
But I do not know what fucked that guys legs up like that.

If anyone finds a story discrediting the whole thing please post it here and I will put it up at the top of the thread.

VU Sponsors