Become a Patron!

just need 2 know please

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been like a lot wanted to do the sub stuff but have invested so much in tanks have several kanger mega and mows and aspire nautulis kanger v2 etc. but not got into anything lower than a ready made coil 1.6 ohms then I saw the new kanger cotton coils 1.8 and over no 1.2 etc yet anyway was wondering if I got rhe 1.2 ohms dual coils would it work in the kangermega and if I should invest in the kangersub tank to go lower. I am so afraid to go lower just bought a new mod smy35 and so concerned over heat temp too. Just would be nice to try and see if a lower ohms would give me better taste too.thanks

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils for the Subtank series are completely different than those that other Kanger tanks use - they wouldn't come close to fitting. I'm not sure there's much to gain from going low-ohm with the old-style coils, it seems you'd just get burning and dry hits if you turn up the temperature too high, I never ran mine above maybe 10-11 watts and for the most part stayed closer to 7-8. The wicks on the old heads are just too small to push the amount of juice you'll need.

So, I guess the answer to your question is that you'd need to buy a Subtank in order to try out lower resistance/higher power. Yes, the flavor improves, but be ready to burn through a lot more juice than you're used to, and possibly to step down a nic level if you're using nicotine in your liquid.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
According to device info it can fire down to.2ohms. Being that it maxes out at 35 watts i woudnt go lower than.5ohm for a nice warm vape. That being said yeah i recommend the subtank, its a good clearo with a solid rta section if you decide to use it. If not the.5 coil heads are ideal for someone starting to get into subohming imo.
Edit:everything obdave said.

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed on the box of kangers dual coils says it can use 1.2 ohms on the kanger mega tank or should I say the checks on back of box has labled 1.2 just wondering why it want let me use those prebuilt ones too oh thanks for all the info so great to be able to get valuable inf

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The coils for the Subtank series are completely different than those that other Kanger tanks use - they wouldn't come close to fitting. I'm not sure there's much to gain from going low-ohm with the old-style coils, it seems you'd just get burning and dry hits if you turn up the temperature too high, I never ran mine above maybe 10-11 watts and for the most part stayed closer to 7-8. The wicks on the old heads are just too small to push the amount of juice you'll need.

So, I guess the answer to your question is that you'd need to buy a Subtank in order to try out lower resistance/higher power. Yes, the flavor improves, but be ready to burn through a lot more juice than you're used to, and possibly to step down a nic level if you're using nicotine in your liquid.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's one version of what the old-style Kanger heads look like (there are a handful of very-similar styles out there based on age of device):
DUEL_COIL_SELL_1__89930.1418499860.500.659.JPG

Here are the new OCC coils for the Subtank series:
R0016658_1024x1024__65643.1421954388.500.659.jpg

See what I mean?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed on the box of kangers dual coils says it can use 1.2 ohms on the kanger mega tank or should I say the checks on back of box has labled 1.2 just wondering why it want let me use those prebuilt ones too oh thanks for all the info so great to be able to get valuable inf
If they make an old-style 1.2 ohm coil, you can use those - not sure I'd recommend it, but you could give it a try...

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well appears I will being buying the new sub tanks just wished I could find more tanks that have pre bulit coils like kanger sub just thinking sticking around 1.0 or 1.2 ohms (thinking) hmm

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my goodness new computer messing with me anyway the box I have is white not the black one I used that kind way back(the ones u posted for an older pro I think) anyway the kanger mega tank I love just just getting the flaver I should be getting.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well appears I will being buying the new sub tanks just wished I could find more tanks that have pre bulit coils like kanger sub just thinking sticking around 1.0 or 1.2 ohms (thinking) hmm
You can purchase 1.2 Ohm Kanger Sub-Tank coils.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Safe? Yes. Advisable? I'm not so sure - see my earlier concerns about dry hits/burning. If you've already got some, go ahead and give it a try.

I'd be more concerned with what the coils look like than what color box they came in - yours look like the first pic I posted, yes? Perhaps they're the newer version where the wicks don't poke out the side, but for the most part much closer to those than the square heads for the Subtank...

You also asked about new-generation clearos that have heads in the 1 ohm resistance range - I think you're right in that you're limited to the Kangers with 0.5 and 1.2 ohm options, most of the others seem to be in the 0.2 to 0.5 range...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, 1.2 Ohm coil heads will work in your Mega Tank and will be safe, make sure to get the right type of coil heads (not Sub-Tank heads).

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Safe? Yes. Advisable? I'm not so sure - see my earlier concerns about dry hits/burning. If you've already got some, go ahead and give it a try.

I'd be more concerned with what the coils look like than what color box they came in - yours look like the first pic I posted, yes? Perhaps they're the newer version where the wicks don't poke out the side, but for the most part much closer to those than the square heads for the Subtank...

You also asked about new-generation clearos that have heads in the 1 ohm resistance range - I think you're right in that you're limited to the Kangers with 0.5 and 1.2 ohm options, most of the others seem to be in the 0.2 to 0.5 range...
mine are the ones with inclosed wicks but with all tne concerns I think It is time too just invest in the new sub kanger thanks just hope the other companies would offer 1.2 or 1.0 like kanger new sub tanks aspire usually flowers like the but not so far been looking thanks to all for the info

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, 1.2 Ohm coil heads will work in your Mega Tank and will be safe, make sure to get the right type of coil heads (not Sub-Tank heads).
wow I am going to try it while waiting on the new sub kanger with 3 vaping in the house always looking for info thanks sooo much

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am going to put my two cents in here...every 1.2 ohm coil I got for my Kanger Aerotank Mega out of the box was a piece of shit and I had to rebuild them to be worth anything...the 1.2 ohm heads for the subtanks are a completely different beast and work much better....i had much better luck with the 1.5 and 1.8 ohm stock heads for the Kanger Aerotank/emow series tanks....just my experience for what it's worth

VU Sponsors