Become a Patron!

Just did my first rebuild!

Stirling Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok ok, don't get too excited, It wasn't anything as fancy as the stuff I read about in here. All I did was make a coil for the Kanger Subtank Mini and wick it with some cotton. But it was a pretty big step, Ive kinda been intimidated about the whole thing for a while now since I knew next to nothing about electrical systems before vaping. Took a bit for me to feel brave enough to take the step, what with explosions being the possible downside.

How was your first rebuild? Did it take you a bit to work up to it or did you just own it?

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember how excited I was with my first.
Wasn't the most prettiest if things but it got the job done very well.
I was a bit intimidated, self-conscious and insecure.
But once I put it in I knew it was the right thing.
It was a bit messy but I think that is to expected with your first.
After I hit it a few times I began to feel more confident.
And within a matter of days I was bangin em out lickety-split.
:D

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man my first coil build was a standard single coil and it looks ugly. Now I'm whipping out Clapton sleepers like nothing

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
220fb51fe017fb892857882110cb1272.jpg

Here ya go

Stirling Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if I understand this right, its a coil wrapped in a coil? What does that do to the ohms? Drop em waaay low? I bet it hits hard.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if I understand this right, its a coil wrapped in a coil? What does that do to the ohms? Drop em waaay low? I bet it hits hard.
It's two coils made from 1 strand wire. Instead of clipping the wire and making two coils, you install the first coil, then wrap your second coil with the excess wire. The reasoning for this, is you can use thicker wire with your build. If you tried to clip that wire and install the coils individually, you wouldn't be able to fit both positive leads from the coils into the center post hole.

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shit, up until about 8 months ago I was rebuilding my Nautilus. Now I'm Mech modder. I don't plan on lookin back. So expect your cig habit to become a serious vapin hobby. The wife will disown you. Unless you get her into it too. It was a big step. But I just went at it. Battery safety and at least an" ohm reader" are your friends. Use them and all the knowledge you will gain from this forum

VU Sponsors