Juice turning brown in tank? o.o

Discussion in 'Help I have questions!' started by NexDeus, Jan 1, 2015.

1. NexDeus

NexDeus Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys! Was just wondering if you ever have had your juice turn brown in your tanks? This is what I have. The clear stuff is my bottle of juice, the dark is the tank. Duh. Just felt the need to be captain obvious here :p Edit: It doesnt taste weird or anything. If nothing else it tastes sweeter (It's a fruit blend)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That's pretty normal

UncleRJ likes this.
  3. galsvapetoo

galsvapetoo

Blog Posts:
    What e liquid company is it? And I've only had that happen to my liquids when my coil is going bad it's like my pre warning that it is going to happen

4. NexDeus

Blog Posts:
    I didnt think it would have been the coil as it was less than a week old, but sure enough when I took it out to clean it, black. What a bummer.

5. galsvapetoo

galsvapetoo

Blog Posts:
    My coils last about a week to a week and a half but I vape a lot. And I've learned that when it starts turning that color it's about to happen

6. CaFF

CaFF Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    IDK which tank or heads/coils ya using there, but for me when I see that, it's usually time to dry burn stuff clean or replace the build or head.

Gunk builds up and then ya got it washing back along with the partially burnt juice.
    A clean RBA build or coil head vaporizes the liquid, whereas a gunked up one just fizzles it like a cold campfire. :)

7. NexDeus

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I chain vape myself. I go through anywhere from 6-8ml a day. So I guess I should have been as surprised. I use a MVP 2.0 with the Iclear30s 1.5ohm coils

8. Ngkon

Ngkon Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What liquid are you vaping? I have had that happen with sugary/sweet flavors, it thickens and burns from the heat.

9. GulfVapor

GulfVapor VU Donator New Member

Blog Posts:
    My only experience with that is a Dragon fruit juice that turned into thick black tar. New coils, 2 different atomizers. Bad batch of juice i guess.

10. NexDeus

Blog Posts:
    Sweet sugary indeed. A mix of blue raspberry, sweedish fish and kiwi

11. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    It's normal, heat combined with oxygen (oxidizing) causes it. If it still tastes good, Vape it!

UncleRJ likes this.
  12. albert.pasteur70

albert.pasteur70 New Member

Blog Posts:
    vape juice changes colour when exposed to light and oxygen. This is caused by chemical reactions that cause some breakdown of constituents. Although nicotine e-liquid for DIY mixing does turn a very light brown with age, most colour changes are caused by other ingredients, flavourings in particular. Many vapers deliberately expose new vape juice to heat, light and air as this changes the flavour. The colour can eventually become black or near-black for some flavours and I have had a particular vanilla custard that was at its best after 6 months storage when it was almost black in colour.
    Without nicotine you will probably find that some flavours change colour very little, others do so to a much greater degree. Nicotine is not the main cause of the colour change. The recommended method for reducing change as much as possible is to keep it in the dark, preferably in brown glass bottles, keep it cold and top up bottles with an inert gas and use an airtight cap as well as keeping it in a fridge or freezer for storage.
    Probably eventually the taste will change if you leave it long enough. Plastic bottles are not a good method of storage as plastics can leach into the liquid. Unfortunately in the EU the new TPD, which includes e-cigarettes and everything associated with them, even if there is no nicotine, will only allow tiny plastic refill bottles, if they aren't banned completely.

13. AndriaD

AndriaD HAPPY SPRING! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It's the backwash off the coil, a/k/a "gunk". I've never found the taste unpleasant either, at least until it turns REALLY dark, but my husband says it smells like "burnt shit" -- literally, burning fecal matter. Which is why I went to an RDA, so I didn't waste so much juice, dumping out the brown stuff.

Ejuices made with organic flavors and/or high levels of sweetener are the worst for this.

Andria

14. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Could be e-Liquid changing color due to age (Normal) or a bad coil contaminating the liquid. Just my humble opinion you must remember~!

15. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Bet that juice is dark AF now, seeing it looked like that in 2015 :teehee:

Rossum and Pastorfuzz like this.
  16. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Oh fuck~! That is what you get for not checking that some dumbass replied to a thread from years ago~! Thanks for the laughs @CactusFanaticus LMFAO :giggle:

Pastorfuzz and CactusFanaticus like this.
  17. AndriaD

AndriaD HAPPY SPRING! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  18. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts: