Become a Patron!

Juice percentages

REDD

Member For 4 Years
What are the best overall percentages on a DIY juice. ? Does less percentage bring out more of each flavor ? I've been using a total of around 20 percent in mixes but I notice so many great recipes call for a total of 5 to ten percent total flavoring.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The percentage can vary wildly depending on the brand of flavoring you are using as well as your tastes. I use TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) and normally don't go over 8-10%, while I read of most Flavorwest mixes going to 20%. I have used Inawera flavoring (Mix Mint) at 3% and it was too strong. I think one's palate gets adjusted to whatever flavoring level they use, so if you're used to 20%, dropping the percentage may seem weak for a few days, but will then taste fine. I believe that using the least flavoring you can to get a satisfying vape is the best choice, both in terms of cost and safety.

REDD

Member For 4 Years
The percentage can vary wildly depending on the brand of flavoring you are using as well as your tastes. I use TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) and normally don't go over 8-10%, while I read of most Flavorwest mixes going to 20%. I have used Inawera flavoring (Mix Mint) at 3% and it was too strong. I think one's palate gets adjusted to whatever flavoring level they use, so if you're used to 20%, dropping the percentage may seem weak for a few days, but will then taste fine. I believe that using the least flavoring you can to get a satisfying vape is the best choice, both in terms of cost and safety.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What are the best overall percentages on a DIY juice. ? Does less percentage bring out more of each flavor ? I've been using a total of around 20 percent in mixes but I notice so many great recipes call for a total of 5 to ten percent total flavoring.

Easy to just try your 20% mixes at 10% just to see if you still like them.

I rarely go up to 20% (total flavorings), even with FW, unless they use many different flavors.

VU Sponsors