Become a Patron!

Juggerknot mini and first ever clapton coil thoughts

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got the juggerknot mini and tank itself is crazy. It's my first ever single coil RTA and I'm coming from the various billows (2,3, 2.5) then zeus dual amongst others before the billows. I have to say I'm impressed. If you have the money to spend I would highly recommend it.

On a separate note to commemorate me stepping up into I guess you'd call it mid-high end tanks I figured I'd try my hand at a fused clapton coil. Omg that was a massive p.i.t.a and the flavor doesn't seem that much better than just twisted 28s.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got the juggerknot mini and tank itself is crazy. It's my first ever single coil RTA and I'm coming from the various billows (2,3, 2.5) then zeus dual amongst others before the billows. I have to say I'm impressed. If you have the money to spend I would highly recommend it.

On a separate note to commemorate me stepping up into I guess you'd call it mid-high end tanks I figured I'd try my hand at a fused clapton coil. Omg that was a massive p.i.t.a and the flavor doesn't seem that much better than just twisted 28s.
How did you spin out your fused Clapton with a drill or by hand. I've never tried one by hand but with a drill I can spend one out in about 2 minutes. Just takes practice. The fusing process is a staple to exotic coil builds.

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can usually tell a HUGE difference between a fused clapton and just a regular 3mm ID build or a 3mm twisted ID build. What did you use for your wire type? What guage for the core and wrap?

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How did you spin out your fused Clapton with a drill or by hand. I've never tried one by hand but with a drill I can spend one out in about 2 minutes. Just takes practice. The fusing process is a staple to exotic coil builds.

I would've never thought to do it by hand. I fucked up probably half a dozen times before I got something smooth enough to use. I bought a 100' foot spool of 40 gauge and I can only imagine how much I ended up throwing out.

I can usually tell a HUGE difference between a fused clapton and just a regular 3mm ID build or a 3mm twisted ID build. What did you use for your wire type? What guage for the core and wrap?

28 gauge for core, 40g for wrap. I mean I can tell a difference for sure, but for as much wire and time as it takes to make this over a twisted it just doesn't seem worth it.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would've never thought to do it by hand. I fucked up probably half a dozen times before I got something smooth enough to use. I bought a 100' foot spool of 40 gauge and I can only imagine how much I ended up throwing out.

28 gauge for core, 40g for wrap. I mean I can tell a difference for sure, but for as much wire and time as it takes to make this over a twisted it just doesn't seem worth it.
So being new to this, using 40g makes it much harder than even if you were to use 36g for the wrap. I would go down to 36g. I use NI80 for my cores and SS316L for my wraps or all NI80 or all SS316L

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So being new to this, using 40g makes it much harder than even if you were to use 36g for the wrap. I would go down to 36g. I use NI80 for my cores and SS316L for my wraps or all NI80 or all SS316L

Yea I knew it was going to be thin, but I didn't realize how disgustingly thin it was. I snapped it twice from too much tension. Once you get the groove going it seems easy though. I need better swivels too cause these cheapo ones from Walmart don't want to spin worth a crap. I think when I replace the coil I'll try just a typical twisted and see if I like it the same.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

The Juggernaut mini is really good. I own all of QP's releases and haven't been disappointed. The trick with the mini is to not overwick, Pierre from QP recommended just a little and keeping the tails at or above the deck screws.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Juggernaut mini is really good. I own all of QP's releases and haven't been disappointed. The trick with the mini is to not overwick, Pierre from QP recommended just a little and keeping the tails at or above the deck screws.

Agreed. I have enough experience with tanks to know a little goes a long way plus watched a couple videos on building it. I'm very impressed with it. It's like using a dual coil rta... but there's only one.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
update
After buying some new and much better swivels I gave it another try today. Holy shit did the better swivels make a world of difference. Waay easier to make fused claptons this time around. I did goof up once and snapped the 40 gauge, but after I cut my losses and started a second time it went smooth. I made a coil out of it and after taking care of all the hot spots and cleaning it up I decided to run my finger across it cause I thought it looked really cool. It felt like it was made of glass it was so smooth. my finger literally cannot feel the grooves in the 40 gauge.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried my old twisted 28 in the juggerknot mini and after getting used to the fused clapton (and actually make them correctly) I have to say i'm disappointed in the twisted. the vapor and flavor were way less than the fused clapton. I use temp control and all my wire is SS316, but i still adjust the wattage just so the initial hit (i'm guessing, but actually have no idea) will be stronger and even using the twisted at 80w vs only 55w with the fused clapton the hit from the twisted absolutely paled in comparison to the fused clapton. There's a nice good strong hit with the fused clapton, the flavor is more vivid for sure, and I don't feel the need to inhale for 5 minutes to try to get a good lungful like I did with the twisted.The only downside with the fused is when I chain vape I do occasionally get a dry hit, whereas the twisted will just keep going and going and going.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
anyone know where I can find a drip tip that's taller than the stock one and will work with the juggerknot mini? Also replacement glasses for it? I broke the straight glass one and have been using the bubble tank.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
will those replacement glasses work on the juggerknot mini? it says augvape.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
will those replacement glasses work on the juggerknot mini? it says augvape.
The merlin attys are by Augvape, yes they will work. Always scroll down and read the discussion and reviews on ft. Their forums are great tools for info.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I use a 510 adapter, I prefer a smaller bore dt, 5-7mm 14-20mm height.

VU Sponsors