Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Judge Caught Vaping Through Murder Trial

A JUDGE has hit the headlines after vaping his way through a high-profile murder trial.

Justice Vincent Del Giudice was spotted covertly enjoying an e-cigarette as he presided over a string of cases at the Brooklyn Supreme Court including the ongoing murder trial of accused “Brooklyn Ripper” Daniel St. Hubert.

During the hearing of St. Hubert, who is standing trial for allegedly murdering a child and seriously injuring another four years ago, the judge of 38 years appeared to routinely hold his hands up to his face as though stroking his goatee beard in contemplation.

But photos of Del Giudice show a blue light peeking out from his closed fist, showing he was secretly using a vaporizer.

“Everybody knows about it, but nobody says anything,” one court worker told the New York Post newspaper.

The judge's not so subtle vaping has reportedly “raised eyebrows” among courtroom lawyers who deem it not just unprofessional but in violation of a 2017 law barring the use of vaporizers indoors and in any public place where smoking is barred.

“I wouldn’t ever think it’s appropriate to even do that in a public building, much less on the bench,” said one attorney who has appeared before Del Giudice for years but was not involved in the "Ripper" case.

Another attorney joked to the New York Post: “The only reason I never became a judge is because I can’t smoke my cigars on the bench.”

Smoking or vaping inside court rooms is illegal under the state’s Clean Indoor Air Act and breaking the law is punishable by a fine up to $2,000 dollars, according to the state Health Department.

A journalist from the New York paper has since approached Del Giudice at his bench after court proceedings to offer his right to reply.

On seeing the judge with an e-cigarette in his mouth, the journalist said: “I was hoping to speak to you about that precisely,” to which the judge reportedly replied “No comment,” before quickly pocketing the vape pen.

vaping-judge.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fry his ass. I applaud him for vaping but if that was any one of us civilians we would pay the 2000 dollar fine plus penalties.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
He must of been doing a double inhale since no one noticed any vapor.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The death penalty for vaping seems a bit extreme.

Besides, I see no vapor. All I see is a judge holding something in his hand that looks to have a blue light on it.
Lol I know man I was just messing around. Guess I should've put that in there. But if he was vaping I think they should fine him.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Lol I know man I was just messing around. Guess I should've put that in there. But if he was vaping I think they should fine him.

Apparently he has been vaping in court for a while since his co workers knew it which proves normal vaping in public places is really not a issue to the general public. And I said NORMAL VAPING, not Cloud Chasing.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
They would never had charged him and risked a possible mistrial for this sort of case. Maybe if he had been a traffic court judge they would have considered making an example out of him. Bet the defense lawyer is trying to figure out a way to make it work for his client tho.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no problem with anybody vaping in public spaces. What I have a problem with is people getting preferential treatment when they get caught. If *you* were caught vaping in a courtroom on camera, you can bet your ass you'd get the $1000 fine. And good luck contesting the charge on the ground that nobody can prove you inhaled. But that judge won't even be charged for that very reason - never mind the fact that if the blue light is on, he's pulling on it by definition!

VU Sponsors