Become a Patron!

Joytech RunAbout kit - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a bit of a tricky review to do. I received the Joytech for the purpose of review. My opinion of the device will not alter.

So I unpacked the device the device and there sitting in the box was a rather unique looking pod. Shaped like a yacht or a surfbord, the RunAbout is not the smallest pod I’ve used by far. Still, it is small enough to fit in my pocket. And it’s not too heavy at all. So I pulled out a pod. I comes in a lot of colours …

VEaynu7.png

Now the pods (two of them) come empty. So I filled the first with a nice mic salt. Filling was messy with a dropper bottle. The juice tends to spill over a bit. Well never mind. I pushed on. So I let the juice prime the coil for a few minutes and took a pull. I got a mouth full of nice salt. This was awkward and unpleasant. I purged the pod by blowing into it with kleenex by the air intake. Got a bit of e-juice spill out. After three pulls it stopped spitting. It vapid fine afterwards. So I though maybe a bit of a bad pod and filled the second pod up. Same story. Hmm.

VIxh8M4.png

Now it is not a draw activated device. I like that. Three clicks on/off and you can change the colour scheme as well. The battery life is very good as well. It vapes around 14 watts. The draw is a bit too loose however if you like a tight MTL draw. You can get a restricted DSL hit off this device. This was the colour I got …

uBVDIed.jpg

icKDiXN.jpg

Specifications:
Size: 117.0*30.5*15.5 mm
Weight: 77.5g

Colors: Red Wood, Black Wood, Oak Texture, Riva, Marble, Zebra

Battery capacity: 480mAh

E-liquid capacity: 2.0ml

Vape way: hold button to inhale

Mode: constant voltage output

In the box:
1 * RunAbout battery

2 * Cartridge

1 * USB cable

1 * Manual

1 * Warranty card

1 * Warning card

Spare parts
RunAbout

Pros:
- Great looking device
- It has a great weight to it, really feels like you are holding a quality device.
- great battery life (480mah)
- I like the button activated draw, always a consistent vape.
- very good flavour

Cons:
- Pods are a pain to fill with a glass dropper bottle
- way to much initial spit back from the pods. Both pods that came with the device had this problem.
- a little big for a pod system, but the trade off is the battery life.
- not a perfect MTL vape. This is more a restrictive lung vape.

If Joytech fixes the pod - mine was a pro to sample - this device would be good as long as you like the design. As it is, I found purging the pod and filling annoying.

Looking to purchase this device?

https://www.joyetech.com/us/products/kit/joyetech-runabout-pod-kit.html

VU Sponsors