Become a Patron!

Joytech Cuboid Tap Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Joytech specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way. As always you will get a fair and honest review.
34fa8e4595fe05fc82e2a42c6f0cedee.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Nice looking mod. Has a carbon fiber look with some type of glossy covering. Has a dark grey and black color scheme to it. Smooth in the hand and surprisingly small for a dual 18650 mod. Packaged beneath the first layer in the box is the Pro Core Aries tank. Good looking two tone tank. Looks great on the Cuboid Tap.

What's In The Box:

* 1 x Joye Cuboid Tap
* 1 x Joye ProCore Aries
* 1 x ProC1 0.4ohm Atomizer Head
* 1 x ProC4 0.15ohm Octuple Coil Atomizer Head
* 1 x Replacement Glass
* 1 x QC USB Cable
* 1 x Set of Spare Parts
33d036b69aca9d5e65f20a689f08aa88.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

As usual let's start with the 510. Looks like the same 510 as the Wismec Predator. I put them next to each other and they do indeed look identical in every way. The 510 pin is spring loaded and it actually has a nice throw to it. Before everyone gets defensive, I did do a pull test. I put a tank on it and rocked it back and forth and gave it a few good pulls and the 510 did hold up. I used way more force than one would when pulling a top of an RDA off. So far so good. The 510 itself has stainless steel threading and the pin is gold plated. So far every atty I have put on it works and more importantly they all sit nice and flush.
d1b79db8d1213634da5df0a7531541f2.jpg

This is a very small mod for a dual 18650 mod. Even smaller than my IPV Vesta. Not by much but it is indeed smaller. The body of the mod is covered in a glossy carbon fiber looking material. It’s smooth and feels great in the hand. There is no actual branding on the mod itself except for the top across from the 510 there is some black on black lettering that says Joytech Cuboid Tap. You really do have to look to see it.
88e14b2926653c2be0e2171feb7cf43e.jpg

Next we have one of the two firing buttons. Yes I said two firing buttons. The first one is a traditional firing button on the same side of the mod as the 510. Located just below the 510 the traditional firing button is black and square. It is clicky but has a longer throw than most mods in its class. It almost has a mushy feel to it but in my opinion it stops just short of actually being mushy. The other firing button is located just above the screen of the mod. It is a taptic type button that feels like a touch sensitive plate. Joytech calls it taptech technology. It’s about three times the size of the traditional one and it gives off some haptic feedback when pressed that is very similar to the feedback or buzzing you get from a smartphone. It is comfortable and responsive. It can also be turned off in the menu system. Since there is only one real button on this mod there is no button rattle at all.
2598dd6dbf257f7207de3207bcc618c9.jpg
4cdf89f983cdc8c849423fab12492443.jpg

Below the taptech firing button is the screen. It is big beautiful and bright but to my dismay it does not do well in direct sunlight. Every other lighting condition this screen is very easy to read. In standby mode the screen shows a clock. In temp mode it shows the material, resistance, puf/time/amps, temperature, mode, and battery meter. Inpower mode it shows the mode, resistance, puf/time/amps, watts, volts, and battery meter.
beb365e7162b0d7a16461dad28168c50.jpg

Under the screen is where the taptic +/- buttons are. They provide haptic feedback when pressed and they do take some getting used too. They are used to adjust the wattage and temperature as well as to toggle between menu selections. Right below the +/- buttons you have the usb port. It is used for charging and updates. The Cuboid Tap does have 2 amp charging but I do highly recommend that everyone charge their batteries externally. Definitely a nice feature to have for when you are in pinch.

The battery door is well done on this mod. Pull out and up to open it and pull out and push down and in too close it. No battery rattle and everything sits in there very solidly. There are battery orientation markings inside the mod and on the back of the battery door. The battery contacts on the door are gold plated. Even when the door is open there is not a lot of play or wiggle in it. There is some venting on the battery door.
c995b6929103a925ae056610b39f65ae.jpg
13d3172274e5265cb69ab9cd2030b475.jpg

The Tank:

This kit comes with a Pro Core Aries tank and two coils. The top cap is hinged and kind of reminds of the Sense Blazer top cap. It flips open like a toilet seat. There are two juice ports on either side of this top fill tank. There is also a rubber gasket but I did not see a spare ones in my kit. The drip tip is delrin with a metal interior. You cannot use your own drip tips on this tank. To open the Aries you look for the Aries symbol on the edge of the top cap. Once located, push away from the symbol and the top cap slide out and flips up.
e7d83119e8584e19c56991993ff6da75.jpg
be01f7c84186629da7cdb20e60e79282.jpg

The Aries uses pyrex glass and has a conically designed barrel that flows into a narrower chimney. The base screws off and reveals your coil. The base is secured to the glass by screwing the top of the coil into the chimney. A beefy oring at the base protects against any leaking. The base has dual adjustable airflow. It has stoppers on either side and the airflow is very smooth. Threading on the tank is overall very good.
5e067bcc40d07788bcc436e4f6d1ca49.jpg

You get two coils with this kit. One is the ProC1 0.4ohm Dual Coil Atomizer Head for Direct Lung (DL) that has a recommended wattage of 40 - 80W. The other is the ProC4 0.15ohm Octuple Coil Atomizer Head for Direct Lung (DL) with recommended wattage of 50 - 110W. Both coils are nice but I do prefer the .4 ohm. These coils are compatible with the Baby Beast by Smok and their coils will fit the Aries.
d1a53a2a6737171aa142bfe66028f1d4.jpg
24e75cc2d0b704cb063a4780a697192a.jpg

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod And Tank:

* The Mod:

I love the look and feel of this mod. From the carbon fiber look to the smooth texture it just feels really solid on your hand. I like the taptic firing button. I find it comfortable to fire the mod this way with my thumb. The traditional firing button is very comfortable to trigger finger fire as well. I would like to caution people about using the taptic firing button. Make sure if you are not using it or if you are putting it in a pocket or purse you either turn the button or the mod itself off. The reason being is any type of pressure on that button will indeed fire that mod. The firing plate does tend to get hot when chain vaping.

I love the new look and feel of this mod but with innovation comes a new set of problems because this type of switch is not what people are used to. That’s why I wrote about shutting the mod off or the button off when carrying the mod. While I do like the taptic button it does present a new kind of problem for the user. I do like the way it works but I will tell my readers to use caution when using it. The mod comes in 5 colors, silver, black, red, yellow, and blue. I love the look of the black one they sent me. I’m glad I got that one because the red, yellow, and blue all have a gaudy type of graphic on the side of the mod. Kind of a shame because the base color of those mods are really bright and vibrant I’m just not a fan of the graphics they used. Besides the black the only other one I would personally buy is the silver.

* The Tank:

Love the two tone look of this tank. I think black and stainless steel look great together. Really smooth draw and well made. All the machining is very nice. The tank looks great and vapes as great as it looks.

The Board:

Typical Joytech board, nothing new it's the same board as the Evic Primo Mini. This mod has a full temperature control suite as well as 3 presets for TCR and a bypass mode. It will fire from 1 - 228 watts and the temperature can be set from 200 - 600 degrees fahrenheit. In TC it will fire as low as .05 ohms and in wattage mode it will fire as low as .1 ohm. For me whenever I vaped this board in TC if my build was below .2 ohms it kicked me out of TC and into wattage mode. Hopefully Joytech fixes this with an update. When I used it in SS mode above .2 ohms the TC was on point. TCR was very good as well.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Menu System:

* 5 clicks on/off
* 3 clicks enter the main menu system
* Use +/- buttons to navigate
* 4 clicks to adjust the wattage in TC or the puffs and resistance
While the mod is off press the + and fire button to adjust your TCR, press the - and fire button to see your battery voltage

Now, this mod also has a squeeze feature to it. I’ll explain, if you clutch or squeeze the mod towards the bottom of the sides you can adjust certain menu functions.

When the mod is powered on:

* Squeeze 3 times to lock/unlock the taptic buttons
* Squeeze 4 times to activate the menu
* Squeeze 5 times to turn stealth mode on/off

While the mod is powered off:

* Squeeze 3 times to set TCR
* Squeeze 4 times to flip the screen
* Squeeze 5 times to check battery voltage

Not really a fan of this whole squeeze thing but I do give Joytech tons of credit for developing something new and innovative. They have a history of doing this and it's one of the things I love about Joytech. They tried putting an MP3 player in the Occular as well. They don’t always hit a homerun but I give them an A for effort. It’s hard to get the mod in modes like this sometimes so while it's a great idea the execution could be better and more responsive.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

Overall, this kit gives off a mighty fine vape. The tank vapes just like a Baby Beast with a slightly smoother airflow. Love the flavor on the tank. I really like both coils but I do like the .4 better because it has more intense flavor in my opinion. The mod vapes great in power mode but TC mode needs to be tweaked a bit. Like I said every coil I ran under .2 ohms kicked me out of TC. I am TC vaper so that's a con for me. Because I am a TC vaper and most reviewers vape in power mode this is probably one of the only reviews that will mention that. Maybe it's an isolated case but I don’t think so. I actually enjoy using the big firing plate because it's easy to find and very responsive. Just be careful because it just takes pressure to activate it. Putting it in a pocket and having it press against your leg will fire it. Make sure you turn the mod off when doing this just to be safe.

Conclusion:

If you are looking for one of the smallest dual 18650 mods the Cuboid Tap is definitely worth a look. It fires right away with either button and seems to do at least 200 watts. I tried in out with my bigger tanks that I have and it seemed to hit just below my Yihi and DNA mods. It may not do a full 228 watts but in my opinion it's close enough. I like the innovation Joytech showed in this mod as well. The execution on certain functions could have been better but overall it's a decent, solid mod with a few little quirks.
7214f65318d2c7e024437870d2f8bcce.jpg

Pros & Cons:

Pros:

The Mod:

* Innovative
* Haptic feedback
* Big screen
* Great battery door
* Smooth feel
* Updateable
* 2 amp charging
* Size and shape
* Fits 25m mm atty’s
* Clock

- The Tank:

* Great looking tank
* Plenty of coil choices
* Great flavor
* Good clouds
* Top fill
* Bottom airflow

* Cons:

- The Mod:

* Screen is hard to see in direct sunlight
* 510 could be suspect
* Have to remember to turn off touch button
* TC does not work below .2 ohms

* The Tank:

- Cons:

* No spare gaskets
* Can't use your own drip tip

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Specs:

- The Mod:

* Utilizes Joyetech TAPTECH Technology
* Pressure Sensitive System and Vibration Motor Feedback
* Dimensions: 3-3/8" x 1-5/8"x 1-1/8"
* Comfortably Fits 25mm and Smaller Tanks
* Spring Loaded 510 Contact Pin
* Temperature Control: Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel 316 and TCR Mode
* Output Wattage: 1 - 228W
* Temperature Control Range: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
* Resistance Range: 0.05 - 1.5ohm for Variable Temperature Mode
Resistance Range: 0.1 - 3.5ohm for Variable Wattage and Bypass Mode
* Bypass Mode
* Preheat Function
* Custom Logo
* Real Time Clock
* Stealth Function
* 1.3" OLED Display Screen
* Requires (2) High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold separately)
*External charger recommended for Optimal Charging*
* Micro USB Port for Firmware Updates and Charging
* Maximum Charging Current: 2A
* Flip Open Battery Door Cover
* Upgradeable Firmware
* Dual Circuit Protection

The Tank:

* Dimensions: 2" x 1" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
* 25mm Diameter
* 510 Threaded
* 4.0ml e-Liquid Capacity
* Flip Open Top Fill Design
* Dual Airflow Slots
* Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
* Airflow Design Allows for a Balance of Flavor and Vapor
* Utilizes Joyetech ProC Series Kanthal Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
* Includes (1) ProC1 0.4ohm Dual Coil Atomizer Head for Direct Lung (DL) (40 - 80W)
Includes (1) ProC4 0.15ohm Octuple * Coil Atomizer Head for Direct Lung (DL) (50 - 110W)

Last edited:

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good review, Sir!

Fagan had good things to say about it too, but had the same reaction to the horrid stickers on the others. He had a yellow one and took them off. Looked pretty good without them.

Thumbs up, bro! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice review. The whole touch tap thing seems a little gimmicky to me though. I guess someone had to try it. I will stick with my G-Priv for now.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice review. The whole touch tap thing seems a little gimmicky to me though. I guess someone had to try it. I will stick with my G-Priv for now.
Thanks. I hope it didn't come across that way. It does work well but because its out of the norm of what we're used to you have to be careful with it.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I hope it didn't come across that way. It does work well but because its out of the norm of what we're used to you have to be careful with it.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
No, I thought your appraisal of it was fair enough. I just think it will be better next time around. On the G-Priv you just have to hold a button for 3 secs to lockout the touch. The same button that turns off the screen. Very simple design IMO.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I thought your appraisal of it was fair enough. I just think it will be better next time around. On the G-Priv you just have to hold a button for 3 secs to lockout the touch. The same button that turns off the screen. Very simple design IMO.
Fair enough, I have a G Priv coming this week. Can't wait to try it out.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be interesting to hear your take on it. It's Smok so TC isn't great. But not a deal breaker for me. I have my G2 for that.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It will be interesting to hear your take on it. It's Smok so TC isn't great. But not a deal breaker for me. I have my G2 for that.
I'll definitely give my opinion on it here but I won't be doing a full review here. I'll be doing that on another website.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The tap thing while a novel idea just seems dangerous to me. As I understand it pressure from anything will set it off.

VU Sponsors